HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Mizuno MP20 PW-8, MMC 7-4, HMB 3
Driver
Titleist Tsi3 9 Tour AD IZ 6
Hello,

Does anyone know if I can bend my 3 iron MP20 HMB to a 4 iron HMB? Essentially increasing the loft by 3 degrees.

Thanks!

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Yes you can...

But I wouldnt...

It will totally change the playing characteristic ... for starters it will give 3 degree more bounce which will change the turf interaction... it will feel different and the balance will change.

Why not just move the ball 3 inches forward in your stance and open the face a little?? That would be much easier 🤭🤭

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Mizuno MP20 PW-8, MMC 7-4, HMB 3
Driver
Titleist Tsi3 9 Tour AD IZ 6
Yes you can...

But I wouldnt...

It will totally change the playing characteristic ... for starters it will give 3 degree more bounce which will change the turf interaction... it will feel different and the balance will change.

Why not just move the ball 3 inches forward in your stance and open the face a little?? That would be much easier 🤭🤭

Thanks for your reply. I ended up contacting Mizuno directly and they recommended not bend it more than 2 degrees. I concluded to keep it as a 3 iron, as an alternative for windy days over my 3-hybrid. I like my 4i MMC, just thought it is interesting to see if I get any benefits to have the HMB instead. Cheers

Top Bottom