Anyone increased loft on Mizuno irons?

HCP
Local club/country
New Zealand
Irons
Mizuno mp32 and mp57
Driver
Mizuno MP Type 2
Wondering how much you can increase the loft within safety margins, if I could get to 21degrees for the 5 iron that would be great?

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
Why would you want to do that? Depending on the model you'd end up with negative bounce. IMHO bending lofts should primarily (only?) be done for gapping purposes. Ball flight or spin should be fixed in another way (different model iron, ball and/or delivery conditions). Arguably you can weaken an iron more than a few degrees without too much trouble as long as the leading edge doesn't rise too much, but strengthening a thin soled blade quickly gets you into a digging nightmare.

HCP
Local club/country
New Zealand
Irons
Mizuno mp32 and mp57
Driver
Mizuno MP Type 2
Why would you want to do that? Depending on the model you'd end up with negative bounce. IMHO bending lofts should primarily (only?) be done for gapping purposes. Ball flight or spin should be fixed in another way (different model iron, ball and/or delivery conditions). Arguably you can weaken an iron more than a few degrees without too much trouble as long as the leading edge doesn't rise too much, but strengthening a thin soled blade quickly gets you into a digging nightmare.
This kind of info is what I'm looking for, thanks..

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
To follow up: seeing a 21dg 5i I misread the FP (prior to early morning coffee) and thought you wanted to de-loft rather than increase loft. Hence my reply. Adding loft increases bounce 1:1 with loft and slightly reduces offset. FWIW I'm playing my 5i@28dg.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
After reading the OP and subsequent replies, I'm confused. What is your 5 iron now and where do you want it bent to be? It might also help if you let us know which irons you are talking about.

A 5 iron in recent Mizuno sets has 25 degrees loft. If you are thinking of delofting it to 21 degrees, I think a 4 degree bend is pretty extreme.

Top Bottom