BadgerAnt

Local club/country
Essex
Irons
Mizuno MX-19 3-SW, MX 60 degree Lob Wedge, Dynamic Gold Shafts
Driver
Mizuno MX560 12.5 degree, Fujikura Fit-on E150 Shaft
Hi,
I have had a set of MX-19 irons 3-SW and a 60deg MX lob wedge for about 10 months and was wondering if it would be possible to have them custom fitted/adjusted to suit me or is custom fitting only available for new clubs at time of purchase. Is there anywhere in essex that offers this service?
Thanks

BA

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Hello BA

The best advice would have been to get them fitted from the outset as certain changes to the spec now could be costly or not ideal. For example if you need them longer than standard we would have built them using lighter heads to keep the swing weight at a standard balance (just lengthening them will make them heavier). Additionally, if you need to change the shafts (for different kick point, weight or flex) that can be expensive.

Having said all that, it’s certainly worth getting them checked out now as some aspects of the spec can still be changed/adjusted without too many problems/cost. Hopefully you won’t need to make too many changes but the main things to check for would be the club length, lie angle, grip size and the shaft/flex.

It maybe worth visiting one of our Fitting Centres for a check up/fitting. Details of you nearest one can be found at http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/store/fitting-centres-details.php

Regards, UTY

BadgerAnt

Local club/country
Essex
Irons
Mizuno MX-19 3-SW, MX 60 degree Lob Wedge, Dynamic Gold Shafts
Driver
Mizuno MX560 12.5 degree, Fujikura Fit-on E150 Shaft
Thankyou for the info.

They were fine to start with but i have lost weight and it seems to have affected my swing/stance so i am not 100% that they are now doing me any favours.
I was unsure about having them custom fitted to start with as i can only play occasionally and wasn't sure if the extra expense was worth it.

Thanks again, I will definately enquire as to the costs involved.

BadgerAnt

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Hi Badgerant

Even if you only play a few times a year it's worth getting fitted so you have the peace of mind that you're using the right equipment and getting the most out of your swing.

At our National Fitting Centres we don't charge for a fitting and there's no obligation to purchase either so why not take advantage of that?

Regards, UTY

Top Bottom