2022 Masters bets?

2klix

HCP
Local club/country
Thorney Park Golf Club, Iver, Bucks
Irons
JPX 900 Chromoly 4&5i, 900 Forged 6-PW, Mizuno MP-T7 50°, 55°, 60° (all irons KBS Tour 90 Stiff)
Driver
Mizuno JPX900 10.5° Fujikura6 Stiff Shaft
Cannot believe it’s Masters time already, better weather and proper start to season for most.
No doubt find out if Tiger will be playing, but who is your tip for the title this year and any Mizuno players on that list whether sponsored or like Paul Casey choosing to them?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
The Masters is a 'mare to pick a winner for - Best hope for a European win must be Big John?
I see Tiger is saying he will play - It's amazing he is even there, but the event, as long as he plays for, will now become the "Tiger Woods Show" - This may help players who would have had the spotlight on them (like Rory & Bryson) but based on recent performances there, I think Cameron Smith is favourite, along with Scotty Sheffler
My Mizuno pick was going to be Keith Mitchell, but despite his OWGR of 69 I don't think he was "invited"?

2klix

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
JPX 900 Chromoly 4&5i, 900 Forged 6-PW, Mizuno MP-T7 50°, 55°, 60° (all irons KBS Tour 90 Stiff)
Driver
The Masters is a 'mare to pick a winner for - Best hope for a European win must be Big John?
I see Tiger is saying he will play - It's amazing he is even there, but the event, as long as he plays for, will now become the "Tiger Woods Show" - This may help players who would have had the spotlight on them (like Rory & Bryson) but based on recent performances there, I think Cameron Smith is favourite, along with Scotty Sheffler
My Mizuno pick was going to be Keith Mitchell, but despite his OWGR of 69 I don't think he was "invited"?
I didn’t see Keith’s name on the list. Missed out I believe based on WGC match play performance.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Personally, I'd love to see Rory win it. Purely from a standpoint of mental and emotional drive, a huge internal desire to win this specific tournament, nobody wants it more than Rory.

I've heard it said, Augusta is so different from most of the courses currently leading up to the Masters, whomever is played really well at the beginning of the year doesn't necessarily count for so much. In other words, I'll be interested to see how Scottie Scheffler does, but I won't give him the trophy quite yet.

I think Poulter is another one who would love to win it. I wonder if he still could? Rahm certainly has the game to fit the course... My heart is still with Rory.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I agree with Dennis, my heart's with Rory, as I'm afraid Poulter, Westwood and Rose don't have a chance. I have no idea of how they've done recently though as I doubt I've watched any golf on TV since the Ryder and Solheim Cups.

But if I had to guess a winner, it'd most probably be Rahm.

As for the weather and the golf season starting, my home club usually opens for the weekend around April 15 and the first range around here opened last Friday but... We've got about 30 cm more snow over the past couple of days on top of the old 30 cm. We're probably realistically looking at at least two more weeks of winter.

Edit: A smaller picture.

1649268114125.png

Last edited:

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I agree with Dennis, my heart's with Rory, as I'm afraid Poulter, Westwood and Rose don't have a chance. I have no idea of how they've done recently though as I doubt I've watched any golf on TV since the Ryder and Solheim Cups.

But if I had to guess a winner, it'd most probably be Rahm.

As for the weather and the golf season starting, my home club usually opens for the weekend around April 15 and the first range around here opened last Friday but... We've got about 30 cm more snow over the past couple of days on top of the old 30 cm. We're probably realistically looking at at least two more weeks of winter.

Edit: Apologies for the size of the picture.

My heart is always with Rory - Coming as I do from NI with a strong family connection to Rory's home club of Holywood (grand parents & father all played there)
Sadly, I think the pressure of expectation still seems to weigh heavily on him? - But hopefully his time will come & Augusta is the sort of course you can still compete on well into your 40's - I still think Rahm is the best chance for a European winner?
Cheers ... Paul
PS - Your picture is so big it is not showing!

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
My heart is always with Rory - Coming as I do from NI with a strong family connection to Rory's home club of Holywood (grand parents & father all played there)
Sadly, I think the pressure of expectation still seems to weigh heavily on him? - But hopefully his time will come & Augusta is the sort of course you can still compete on well into your 40's - I still think Rahm is the best chance for a European winner?
Cheers ... Paul
PS - Your picture is so big it is not showing!
It should be smaller now. I wish these systems were capable of scaling the pictures to a more reasonable size on their own as opposed to needing to run it through a picture editor myself.

I can't believe Rory's nightmare on the 10th happened 11 years ago, I had only played golf for a couple of years at that point. But it must be pretty hard for him chasing that one missing piece year after year. Unless my memory fails me, he has struggled mightily on Thursdays and then fought his way back on Fridays trying to make the cut.

I guess the challengers for Rahm from Europe would be Hovland and Rory. Rose might have a slight chance at another go at it but beyond them there isn't really anyone who would've done well in Masters in the last couple of years.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Oh well, at least Rory had a fantastic finish, maybe this'll boost him for next year!

2klix

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
He said happiest he’s been coming off the course. Who knows, talent is there, I feel he struggles with his natural aggression and holding off due to penal greens.

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
He said happiest he’s been coming off the course. Who knows, talent is there, I feel he struggles with his natural aggression and holding off due to penal greens.
I think his biggest problem is between his ears. He also needs to learn how to not talk nonsense to the press and bring unnecessary attention to himself. If Dustin Johnson can negotiate his way through press interviews with generic answers Rory should learn to do the same. The talent is undoubtedly there and I believe he'll win more majors but needs to sort the head out.

Top Bottom