2019 Goals

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
The true start of the season may be a couple of months away, but with my first qualifier on 12th Jan it's time to plan what a successful 2019 will mean to us:
  • Stop chipping like I've got 2 joints of mutton taped to my hands (this is surely a pre-cursor to the handicap goal, otherwise I'm going nowhere)
  • Finally decide which side my one sided miss is!
  • Shoot below 85 in a medal
  • Reduce double bogeys or greater to an average of 15%
  • Handicap below 18 (stretch goal 15)
  • Practice with a purpose whenever I go to the range / club
    • My local range now has TopTracer Range, so range sessions are now quantifiable. I will focus on having a purpose for each particular shot / club and reviewing the outcome not just smashing a bucket of balls.
Other than that, most importantly having a large amount of fun and enjoying myself, its supposed to be a fun game!!!

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and here's looking forward to a great golfing 2019.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
My Goals:

Improve Striking on wedges and Irons so to get better distance control.
Work on distance control inside of 120 meters.
Loose less balls.
Get a single Digit Handicap (currently 14)

And of course same as you, having great fun!

Hope you too have had a great Christmas and are getting into the new year positively and healthy.

HCP
Local club/country
royal norwich golf club
Irons
MP18s 4-pw....mizuno T7s 52&60...taylormade Gapr 2i, ping g400 3wood.
Driver
M2 HL 2016 model
sort my chipping out lol.... (luckily don't miss many greens) but using a putter from 10yards off the green in a county match isn't the best 'look' haha but end of the day there is no pictures on a score card and still have one of the best singles record :D ..off 2, but lowest I was this year was 1.0 …. want to get to scr,..
cant wait to start practising with my new MP18s next week ;)

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Having just replaced the whole bag this year, I'm looking to kick on and find a bit more consistency with my game. I've certainly enjoyed my golf a lot more in 2018, so, looking to keep that going as well.

With a bit of luck I may be able to arrange a regular Friday afternoon game with some work colleagues as we go into the spring. That would be a good.

All the best for 2019

DCB

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Play more than 6 rounds in a year.
Wow Varry, I'd be upset if I didn't play 6 rounds in two weeks :eek:

Goals for me are to keep healthy & if possible spend more time on current handicap (4) than I managed in 2018
Happy New Year everyone
Paul

HCP
Local club/country
Knole Park
Irons
MP5, S300, 1* flat, 2* strong
Driver
Ping G400 8.5*, HZRDUS X-Stiff
With a 3 year old and an 8 week old, my goals are to try and get 1 game in a month plus some corporate golf as and when I can.
If I can hack it round close to my 6 handicap I'll be a happy man.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
The true start of the season may be a couple of months away, but with my first qualifier on 12th Jan it's time to plan what a successful 2019 will mean to us:
  • Stop chipping like I've got 2 joints of mutton taped to my hands (this is surely a pre-cursor to the handicap goal, otherwise I'm going nowhere)
  • Finally decide which side my one sided miss is!
  • Shoot below 85 in a medal
  • Reduce double bogeys or greater to an average of 15%
  • Handicap below 18 (stretch goal 15)
  • Practice with a purpose whenever I go to the range / club
    • My local range now has TopTracer Range, so range sessions are now quantifiable. I will focus on having a purpose for each particular shot / club and reviewing the outcome not just smashing a bucket of balls.
Other than that, most importantly having a large amount of fun and enjoying myself, its supposed to be a fun game!!!

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and here's looking forward to a great golfing 2019.

Chris,

With regards to the range, If you aim at nothing you hit it every time...
Always have a target within the smooth swing zone, this goes for LW thru to Driver. Aim small and miss small. Worked a treat for me for 5+ years as a way of practice.

Good luck with your targets ;)

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Get to Scratch

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
My targets:
  1. Get down to 2/3 handicap
  2. Be the first onto the Honours board in at least 2 comps at the new club (Only just starting HB comps this year! Members started last year)
  3. Qualify for the county stroke play championship
  4. Most importantly - HAVE FUN DOING ALL OF THIS

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Gosh I don't know...

Figure out how I can play 18 holes of golf without the few awful card wreckers that have haunted me for years.

Get more folks signed up to the Ramside Hall event.

Get fitter and apply this to my golf.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
In the 5 days since I made my rather minimal comment above, I've thought about this a lot. I'm retired, so the joke is, I'm not supposed to have goals beyond waking up in the morning and calling that a good day.

For golf goals, some have to do with performance and some are just fun things.

For example, something on my bucket list is to go back to Louisville, Kentucky, where I grew up, and play a few of the courses I grew up on. It would be an intense week or so because all the friends I've spoken to about doing this want me to play a bunch of places built since I left in 1974. Those are places where they are members, so I understand and appreciate their desire to treat me to their track, specially friends who are members at Valhallah and Persimmon Ridge.

On a more local basis, I want to push myself and my friends to play a wider variety of courses. There are a bunch of good courses within an hour, including some that used to host tour events. It's only time and money to get to someplace else, right?

On the performance side, I'm very interested in this new, shorter swing I'm making while I try to protect my shoulder. I don't seem to have lost so much distance to be bothered by it, so I'm thinking maybe as straight as I am hitting it now, this should be my swing into old age. (I'll be 70 in May, so maybe I'd better hurry)

Instead of just beating balls, I need to practice more effectively. I also need to use the technology I have, like a Radar device and a clamp on gadget called Skypro that takes 140 details of a swing and sends it to an app on my iPad.

I'm sure there are other things I could think of, but if I can be even moderately successful with all this, I think it will have been a good year when we do this in January 2020.

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
1. Get to 10 or better, currently 12.7.
2. Get more tee shots on the fairway, giving me a better chance of reaching the green in regulation.
3. Attempt to do more away days than last year.
4. Buy new wedges to compliment my new set of 919s.
5. Win at Ramside Hall !

Some feasible, some from la la land.
We shall see

Top Bottom