MIZUNO

The Scottish 45

Sat May 13, 2017 9:30 am

Posted by DCB

Some of you may be thinking that this is a history lesson revolving around the 1745 Jacobite rising, but, alas it is not such a tale. It is the tale of an invader from the far South who swept all before him as he fought an heroic battle over the links of Kilspindie Golf Club. Tonytim8 , playing his first round of links golf, made light work of the conditions both overhead and underfoot. A strong, cool, Easterly breeze meant the course was playing " the wrong way round" a Westerly is the norm here. Several weeks of dry weather had left the fairways hard and the greens even harder. Yet, in a strong field, one man rose to the challenge. Tony shot an amazing 45 points in testing conditions. We sat awaiting the results thinking a good score would be 36-40 points but we were amazed at the 45 points which took the honours. Well played Tony, makes the long trip well worth the effort when you have a day like that.

Just think, you'll be be to recount every stroke for Bubba on the journey home tomorrow ;)

The rest of us will be able to sit and tell stories to our grandchildren of The Scottish 45 and the wee invader from the far South.

Well done Tony, well deserved win on Friday :)
“Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose”

Winston S Churchill
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons: My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX EZ 5-SW RL Shafts, JPX825 3H, JPX 5 & 7 Wood,
Driver: JPX EZ 12° Orochi Black Eye RL Shaft

Re: The Scottish 45

Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 am

Posted by PaulBoy

Well done Tony!
1 - O to the "Southern Softies" :lol:
Paul
JPX900F 4-PW CTaperLite S
MP-T7 50* 54* 58*
JPX900 Aldila Rogue 60s
JPX900 3w & JPX850 5w
Scotty Cameron Newport II putter
Author Information

HCP: 4.5
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: JPX900F 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Driver: JPX 900 c/w Aldila Rogue 60s

Sun May 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Posted by Varry Hardon

"When I do a bad shot, I blame myself. When I do a good shot, the club gets all the credit" - me.
Fire in the belly, space between the ears.
Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: Dukinfield
Irons: MP-4s, T7 wedges
Driver: 915D3 in junior ladies flex

Mon May 15, 2017 6:33 am

Posted by tonytim8

DCB wrote:

Some of you may be thinking that this is a history lesson revolving around the 1745 Jacobite rising, but, alas it is not such a tale. It is the tale of an invader from the far South who swept all before him as he fought an heroic battle over the links of Kilspindie Golf Club. Tonytim8 , playing his first round of links golf, made light work of the conditions both overhead and underfoot. A strong, cool, Easterly breeze meant the course was playing " the wrong way round" a Westerly is the norm here. Several weeks of dry weather had left the fairways hard and the greens even harder. Yet, in a strong field, one man rose to the challenge. Tony shot an amazing 45 points in testing conditions. We sat awaiting the results thinking a good score would be 36-40 points but we were amazed at the 45 points which took the honours. Well played Tony, makes the long trip well worth the effort when you have a day like that.

Just think, you'll be be to recount every stroke for Bubba on the journey home tomorrow ;)

The rest of us will be able to sit and tell stories to our grandchildren of The Scottish 45 and the wee invader from the far South.

Well done Tony, well deserved win on Friday :)

DCB

Thank you for your kind words. Yes it was a round that I will never forget and one I know the gods were shining down on me with. I put it down to my attitude on and off the course as everyone soon realised because

I DON'T CARE

Play good or bad there is no place I'd rather be than on a golf course with friends new and old.

P.s 
Bubba fell asleep on the way back, fed up of hearing me go on !!!!

Tony
"Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want."
Author Information

HCP: 15.6
Local club/country: Essendon GC Herts
Irons: mizuno JPX900 Forged - 5 - pw, 4 JPX 825 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MPT7 57
Driver: Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5 degree

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010