MIZUNO

Trust the swing D.N.A?

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Posted by MizunoMade

Hi!

tested the swing DNA today and was really surprised by the result as it would have me as a more of a high tempo shaft loading kind of guy than i thought!

I trust the numbers I got and the selection of shafts, it suggested C-taper x, dg x100 and KBS tour 130x. I like a smoother shaft with a bit of butt softnes so KBS is really the only one i would buy. I play the modus 120x now but was thinking of buying a set of mp5's and that shaft is not suited for me I guess but I love how it feels. So I start to think that maybe I would gain something from a better fitting shaft even if it is heavy and i prefer around 120 grams.

what do you guys say? Anyone been in the same situation?

I was hoping for the px 6.0 LZ but it came at fifth place and in 6.5.

cheers
Author Information

Local club/country: Sweden
Irons: Mizuno MP-5 KBS Tour 130x
Driver: Taylormade M2 2017 Project X LZ 6.0

Re: Trust the swing D.N.A?

Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Posted by MizunoMade

A bit of an update!

Went to my local range today as I knew they had the mizuno fitting cart. Conditions where windy from the left and in to and I was hitting range balls that they claim go 15% shorter compared to regular balls. All shafts were half an inch longer and 2* up. And I could not use a launch monitor.

Started with the KBS tour x, nice soft feeling shaft with a bit of kick to it. The shots were high and dropped out of the sky and spun to a halt. 

Next up was c-taper x and this shaft was smooth and soft at impact, could clearly see that it sent the ball a bit lower but not by much. Struggled a bit with half shots and punch shots so I think this shaft needs the full swing from me to work.

Last I tested the x100 but could not get any feeling with it and all shots turned out poorly.

As I stated earlier I was hoping for the PX LZ so on a whim I tested it aswell, the thing is that they could not find that shaft with 0.5" longer so I had to test it in standard length with the standard head. Here' the kicker, this shaft gave me the longest shots and had the nicest feeling. 

Not the samt tight dispersion as the KBS tour x but longer and a tad higher. So now I am really confused....
Author Information

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Posted by DMT

MizunoMade wrote:

A bit of an update!

Went to my local range today as I knew they had the mizuno fitting cart. Conditions where windy from the left and in to and I was hitting range balls that they claim go 15% shorter compared to regular balls. All shafts were half an inch longer and 2* up. And I could not use a launch monitor.

Started with the KBS tour x, nice soft feeling shaft with a bit of kick to it. The shots were high and dropped out of the sky and spun to a halt. 

Next up was c-taper x and this shaft was smooth and soft at impact, could clearly see that it sent the ball a bit lower but not by much. Struggled a bit with half shots and punch shots so I think this shaft needs the full swing from me to work.

Last I tested the x100 but could not get any feeling with it and all shots turned out poorly.

As I stated earlier I was hoping for the PX LZ so on a whim I tested it aswell, the thing is that they could not find that shaft with 0.5" longer so I had to test it in standard length with the standard head. Here' the kicker, this shaft gave me the longest shots and had the nicest feeling. 

Not the samt tight dispersion as the KBS tour x but longer and a tad higher. So now I am really confused....

In order of importance how do you, personally, rank the importance of Feel, Distance and Dispersion?  
Author Information

HCP: 7.5
Local club/country: Celtic Manor
Irons: JPX 850 Forged KBS Stiff (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Whiteboard stiff

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Posted by MizunoMade

DMT wrote:

MizunoMade wrote:

A bit of an update!

In order of importance how do you, personally, rank the importance of Feel, Distance and Dispersion?  

Feel, dispersion and length I would say. I often feel like I leave a few yards behind because of my high shots but I still hit my 6-iron around 175 carry and I feel that that is often enough.
Author Information

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Posted by MizunoMade

Took a gamble and ordered a set today. Snainton had 5-pw with KBS tour x in my specs at £399 so I ordered straight away! I did line the shafts so I think they will work just fine.
Author Information

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Posted by DMT

MizunoMade wrote:

Took a gamble and ordered a set today. Snainton had 5-pw with KBS tour x in my specs at £399 so I ordered straight away! I did line the shafts so I think they will work just fine.

Sounds like a good decision! What heads did you get? Not sure I can see any mention? Good luck with whatever they are. 
Author Information

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:16 am

Posted by MizunoMade

Haha you are right, I totally missed that!
I got the mp5's, not skilled enough for them but I play better with thinner heads and less offset. First set was silver cup so I learned the game with blades.
Author Information

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 am

Posted by DMT

MizunoMade wrote:

Haha you are right, I totally missed that!
I got the mp5's, not skilled enough for them but I play better with thinner heads and less offset. First set was silver cup so I learned the game with blades.

Wow, at that price you should have bought a few sets!! 
Author Information

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Posted by MizunoMade

Great price, I know. Think they just had one set but they may take in a few more when the new clubs are released maybe?
Author Information

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:18 am

Posted by DCB

I wasn't convinced when the first swing DNA clubs hit the shops, but having had three sets fitted I'm more than happy with the results that Swing DNA suggested. Best one ever was moving away from DG to Nippon NS Pros. I'd never have thought that one would work, but it did. It is a great starting point, but, you still need to like what you are using, so personal thoughts on feel etc have to come into it.
“Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose”

Winston S Churchill
Author Information

HCP: 15
Local club/country: Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons: My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX EZ 5-SW RL Shafts, JPX825 3H, JPX 5 & 7 Wood,
Driver: JPX EZ 12° Orochi Black Eye RL Shaft

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010