MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Re: Recommend a great local Mizuno fitting centre

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Posted by traegeryyc

I was recently fitted by Michael at Golftec in NW Calgary.  The experience was top notch and I can't wait to game my new irons.
Author Information

HCP: 7.3
Local club/country: Anywhere I can get a tee time
Irons: MP5 6-PW / MP25 4,5 KBS C Taper 130 X
Driver: TBD

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Posted by DMT

Deemac wrote:

Here's one to avoid...

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.golfbuyitonline.com

Deemac, I know this is a couple of years old but any reason why you say to avoid?

Just curious as I'm sometimes up around Notts with work so had thought about trying them for a fitting.

Cheers (and thanks to Hursty for pointing out the 'quote' button to me!  Maybe I'll progress to emoticons soon). 
Author Information

HCP: 7.5
Local club/country: Celtic Manor
Irons: JPX 850 Forged KBS Stiff (5-PW) 50, 56 and 60 degree Vokeys, 64 Cleveland
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Whiteboard stiff

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:03 pm

Posted by Chrisp226

Hi all, first time on here, just been fitted for my 6th set of Mizzy irons, at Lytham golf academy (between Warton & Lytham) with Mike Newton. Currently have a set of MP33's with Rifle 6.0, +3/4in, +2deg upright but these are over 10 yrs old and hammered !!

As i'm getting back into the game properly for the first time in a long time I was looking forward to how the new generation of tech would help. I tried the MP5 / MP25 and JPX900 tour heads looking for feel, tight dispersion pattern and a mid (ish) ball flight, I wasn't looking for length, if I gained any that was simply a bonus.     

Mike knows his stuff, explains things without being overly technical and puts them into a practical context which I like. At this point I should mention I am very interested in the tech side of fitting so if we wanted to get technical then no problem,

I tried each head with a couple of different shaft options, some Mike didn't tell me which I was using so I could get a proper feel for the club. Besides the DNA system everything was backed up with the GC2/HMT launch system to evaluate results. We used Wilson range balls and the actual range not a screen, I came to Mike knowing what I was looking for, he didn't try to switch sell just worked with me to find the best spec for my game.

The end result was that I've bought a set of MP25's on +1/2in, KBS C Taper S shafts, +3deg upright with GP MCC plus 4 grips, interestingly the feel for me off the JPX 900 tour was like hitting a cast iron! didn't like it at all. I also found another 5 yards! putting my 6 iron out to 190 carry, not bad for an old git !

Conclusion, would definitely recommend LGA especially Mike to anyone looking for custom fitting, the setup is excellent, they use a separate fitting studio and there's no time pressure for the fitting, plus you don't pay for a fitting if you buy. 
Author Information

HCP: 4
Local club/country: Preston GC Lancashire
Irons: MP25 3-PW KBS 120 stiff 3 deg upright T& 50/54/58 wedges
Driver: SrixonZ565 10.5deg / MP001 3W 15deg Grafalloy Blue X shaft

Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 am

Posted by kempy7063

I know it's not a local fit, but the Mizuno Tour Truck was in my area last weekend, so i went for a fitting.
Using golf WRX WITB, had seen quite a few players using the JPX 900 Tours.
I tried them out and have to say they were the best thing i've ever hit. Hit the MP 5 as well, but i preferred the slightly bigger head on the 900s.
Shaft Optimiser was interesting and got me into the KBS TOUR Stiff and two duds which flew everywhere. KBS TOUR ball groupings were tight, better than my current mp59 with DG S300.

Big thank you to the tour truck guys for a great fitting, 
Already bought the H5 3 Iron from Snainton to compliment my irons, just need to save up for the tours.

Kempy

Author Information

HCP: 6
Local club/country: Fulwell Golf Club UK
Irons: Mizuno MP59 5-PW 3-4 MPH4
Driver: Mizuno JPX 850 9.5 / Project X 6.0 Black

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Posted by eastfieldpages

Cluny Clays just outside Kirkcaldy in Fife provide an excellent service.  I had a fitting from Kevin back in Oct 2013 for MP-54's and then for MP-T4 Wedges.  He was spot on.
Callaway XR16 Driver 10.5°
Callaway XR16 3 Wood 15°
Fujikara Speeder Evolution 565 Red Reg
Callaway Apex 2h(18°) 4h(22°)
Mitsubishi KuroKage Reg
Mizuno MP-54 4i-PW
Mizuno MP-T4 50°54°58°
KBS C-Taper Reg
Scotty Cameron Newport Select M3
Author Information

HCP: 14
Local club/country: Shotts/United Kingdom