MIZUNO

Re: Mizuno fitting day Gleneagles

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:35 am

Posted by dave_giz

Has anyone ever done a vlog about a complete club fitting session with Mizuno? I think it'd be a good marketing tool for them, plus I'd like to see how the "Performance Centre" places like Birkdale and Celtic Manor differ from "Fitting Centres".
6 iron Swing speed 84mph
Tempo 3
Toe Down 5
Kick Angle 2
Release Factor 8

Leslie Nielsen:
There is no movement in golf that cannot be made more difficult through diligent study and practice.
Author Information

HCP: Increasing
Local club/country: Harwood golf club but happy to travel
Irons: MP53's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58. Odyssey O-works 1W putter
Driver: Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Posted by DMT

dave_giz wrote:

Has anyone ever done a vlog about a complete club fitting session with Mizuno? I think it'd be a good marketing tool for them, plus I'd like to see how the "Performance Centre" places like Birkdale and Celtic Manor differ from "Fitting Centres".

I got my last set of irons from The Celtic Manor.  I have lessons there and at the time the guy I saw for lessons did my fitting, which worked well as he knew my swing.  He's since left and to be honest I think I'd rather see Simon at a fitting day (the south west Mizuno rep).  He works with the Mizuno kit all the time and I think I'd value his opinion more.

I don't know about the other Performance Centres but at CM they are also a national centre for Titleist and fit for Taylor Made and Callaway.  I wonder too what defines a Performance Centre (I guess I could look on the Mizuno website!).  I'll ask when up there tomorrow.  Perhaps it's a combination of range of fitting stock and level of training?

The guys there are good, they have Trackman and decent range balls.....and you can see the actual flight onto the range.  Overall you couldn't ask for much more (your 'normal' ball for the fitting perhaps?). 

I've seen Simon at a couple of demo/fitting days and have always been very impressed.  Testament to Mizuno and their recruitment policy perhaps. 
Author Information

HCP: 7.5
Local club/country: Celtic Manor
Irons: JPX 850 Forged KBS Stiff (5-PW) 50, 56 and 60 degree Vokeys, 64 Cleveland
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Whiteboard stiff

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 am

Posted by hursty

dave_giz wrote:

Dave, I got a fitting done at Royal Birkdale when I was reviewing the 850 Driver:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24434&hilit=hursty&start=160

Its page 17 of it just in case that link takes you to the start of the thread!!!!
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 S
Mizuno JPX 900 3W - Speeder 661 X
Mizuno JPX 900 19 hy - Fujikura Pro 75H S
Mizuno MP-5 4i-PW - PX 6.0
Mizuno MPT-5 50/54/58 - C Taper Lite X
Odyssey Versa Works #9
Author Information

HCP: 8.4
Local club/country: The Shropshire GC
Irons: MP-5 4-PW, MPT-5 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 S, JPX 900 3W - 661 X, JPX 900 19 deg - Fuji Pro 75H S, Odyssey #9

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Posted by DMT

hursty wrote:

dave_giz wrote:

Dave, I got a fitting done at Royal Birkdale when I was reviewing the 850 Driver:

http://www.mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=160

Its page 17 of it just in case that link takes you to the start of the thread!!!!

£25 is good at Birkdale. Celtic is £50 for the fitting with £25 off any purchase. 
Author Information

HCP: 7.5
Local club/country: Celtic Manor
Irons: JPX 850 Forged KBS Stiff (5-PW) 50, 56 and 60 degree Vokeys, 64 Cleveland
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Whiteboard stiff

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010