MIZUNO

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Checking the spec of a set of MP-54s

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Posted by RobCH

Hi All, long time etc.  I've recently put one of my four sets of Mizuno irons on sale - a set of MP-54s that I bought used some years ago advertised as standard length and lie,  which they certainly seemed to be when I played them, and is how I advertised them myself.  The buyer has just got back to me to say he thinks they're not standard and wants to return them.  He may be right,  but he's also given me some problems already in the course of the sale (very late payment) and I'm wondering if this is just another tactic.  So.. is there a way to check what spec the set was originally made to from the serial numbers? Does Mizuno keep these on record? Thanks. 
Author Information

HCP: 17
Local club/country: Member at Farleigh GC, Surrey
Irons: JPX 825 Pros back in play again, JPX EZ FliHi 4, MP R12 50, 54, 58. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5deg, JPX EZ 3 wood, JPX EZ 3 Hybrid

Re: Checking the spec of a set of MP-54s

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Posted by DMT

Has he said what he thinks is non-standard?  Longer or shorter.  Up or flat? And if so do you think he could be right?

Did he say where he got them checked? If perhaps he's claiming a local club maybe a forum member on here might be a club member and could check in the pro shop for you? 

That is of course if a simple check on serial number isn't fruitful/possible. 

It can be a real pain sometimes when you sell something in good faith and the buyer d*cks you around. 
Author Information

HCP: 7.5
Local club/country: Celtic Manor
Irons: JPX 850 Forged KBS Stiff (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Whiteboard stiff

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Posted by Stewart 57

Should be okay to get the specs from mizuno. try MPX
Author Information

HCP: 11.4
Local club/country: Sandnes Golf Club, Norway
Irons: Mizuno MP 64 3 - PW.. MP T 11. 50,54+58 wedges, Bettinardi putter
Driver: MP650, 9.5 driver, 3+, 3 (15) , 5 woods, 22' hybrid

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:27 am

Posted by RobCH

Thanks. Update this evening is he's only measured the clubs against a set (different make) of his Dad's and found they are the same length but he thought Mizuno made clubs half an inch shorter than other manufacturers. Now he's saying he "thinks" the lie is too upright. So in fact he hasn't done any proper checking against spec and is just ****ing about. However, in order to demonstrate to eBay that I haven't missold I'd like to get the original spec from Mizuno if i can. I'll DM MPX tomorrow.
Author Information

Irons: JPX 825 Pros back in play again, JPX EZ FliHi 4, MP R12 50, 54, 58. Odyssey Tank putter

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 am

Posted by hursty

RobCH wrote:

Thanks. Update this evening is he's only measured the clubs against a set (different make) of his Dad's and found they are the same length but he thought Mizuno made clubs half an inch shorter than other manufacturers. Now he's saying he "thinks" the lie is too upright. So in fact he hasn't done any proper checking against spec and is just ****ing about. However, in order to demonstrate to eBay that I haven't missold I'd like to get the original spec from Mizuno if i can. I'll DM MPX tomorrow.

Good luck with getting the original specs unless you've got the original order number and Mizuno still have a record of orders from years ago.

It's come up quite a few times on here, the numbers on the hosel/ferrule ARE NOT serial numbers in the UK market, they are just the build date. If 1000 other sets were built on the same date at Cumbernauld then they would have the same number.

You've also got to consider that they're forged irons, if you've practised a lot with them on range mats then this can alter the lie angles slightly as well.

Sounds like to me that the buyer has changed his mind and is trying to blag it.

Personally I would offer the refund of sale price only not including postage cost and then he will have to return them to you in the original state you sent them to him at his own cost.
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 S
Mizuno JPX 900 3W - Speeder 661 X
Mizuno JPX 900 19 hy - Fujikura Pro 75S
Mizuno MP-5 4i-PW - PX 6.0
Mizuno MPT-7 50 / 54 / 58 - PX 6.0
Odyssey #7 CS
Author Information

HCP: 8.5
Local club/country: The Shropshire GC
Irons: MP-5 4-PW, MPT-7 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 S, JPX 900 3W - 661 X, JPX 900 19 deg - Fuji Pro 75S, Odyssey #7CS

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am

Posted by Stewart 57

Agree with Paul. Tell him you will refund him his money and he returns the clubs. go through E-bay / Paypal panefor disagreements, 

Does he know that he was buying clubs that were" Custom fit"..
Author Information

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:44 am

Posted by PaulBoy

Stewart 57 wrote:

Agree with Paul. Tell him you will refund him his money and he returns the clubs. go through E-bay / Paypal panefor disagreements, 

I also agree with hursty - Sounds like the buyer doesn't know what he is doing / talking about - You get a lot of that on eBay & I have learned how to cover myself from people like this - I don't offer returns unless I have made an error on the listing - Unless I know exactly what the loft & lie is I always say "standard, as far as I know" - Also in terms of length I always take a picture of the club against a measuring tape with the words "check pictures for exact measurement" - With a set of irons I will do this for the shortest iron (PW) & longest iron (4i) - I'd rather sell to people here or friends, acquaintances etc but do sell quite a bit on eBay for myself & others (current feedback is 693 @ 100%) - You just have to cover your behind ...
Paul
JPX900F 4-PW CTaperLite S
MP-T7 50* 54* 58*
M2 (2016) ProjectX Hzrdus Black 6.0
JPX900 3w & 5w Speeder 757s
MP650 19* Hybrid UST AxivCore
TM TP Collection "Juno" putter
Author Information

HCP: 4.5
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: JPX900F 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Driver: M2 (2016) c/w ProjectX Hzrdus Black 6.0

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Posted by seanmor

PaulBoy wrote:

Stewart 57 wrote:

I also agree with hursty - Sounds like the buyer doesn't know what he is doing / talking about - You get a lot of that on eBay & I have learned how to cover myself from people like this - I don't offer returns unless I have made an error on the listing - Unless I know exactly what the loft & lie is I always say "standard, as far as I know" - Also in terms of length I always take a picture of the club against a measuring tape with the words "check pictures for exact measurement" - With a set of irons I will do this for the shortest iron (PW) & longest iron (4i) - I'd rather sell to people here or friends, acquaintances etc but do sell quite a bit on eBay for myself & others (current feedback is 693 @ 100%) - You just have to cover your behind ...
Paul

Totally agree sounds like he has changed his mind...!

John 
JPX900 Driver EVO 2 569 R-Flex
3 Wood 15deg " " R-Flex
Hyb 19deg Fuji SIX R-Flex
Hyb 22deg " " R-Flex
JPX900 5-PW KBS Tour C-taper Lite R Flex
Wedges 50/54/58deg DG Wedge
Mizuno Procart bag
Odyssey Oworks R-Line putter
Author Information

HCP: 20.6 SGU
Local club/country: Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-PW KBS Tour C-taper lite R flex
Driver: JPX-900 Speeder 569 Evo 2 R flex

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Posted by RobCH

Thanks again everyone.  Useful advice on selling in future.  Now that the length and lie argument is looking a bit threadbare he's claiming the set isn't genuine,  having originally said it was great,  something's wrong with the look of the forging (whatever that means),  the lettering is wrong (ditto) and they don't  look like they did in the photos! He's very reluctant to provide any evidence for any of this,  and in a great hurry to start the return process.  I'm getting a small amount of enjoyment out of asking him to explain everything he claims,  but will probably agree the refund before the statutory 8 day limit and write it off as a lesson learned. Some buyers are just trouble. 
Author Information

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Posted by Stewart 57

Rob. Give him his refund, But; tell him you will refund his money when you have received the clubs again and checked them to see if they were in the same condition you sent them . and tell him you will deduct money from the price, if you feel they are not in the same condition or have been tampered with ....
Author Information

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010