Mizuno Golf Forums
http://mizunoforum.com/

New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe
http://mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26624
Page 1 of 2

Author:  MPX [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

How do we all feel about these?  They are designed for golf - obviously from a running base (Mizuno makes very good running shoes).  Wider, more stable platform, but all the cushioning you get from a running shoe.  Light and water resistant.  With a golf spike - so stable through the ball. 

Have the rules at your course relaxed enough?

Coming to Europe (with the new EU specific darker colourway) this March.

Attachments:
WC 1 small.jpg
WC 1 small.jpg [ 1 MiB | Viewed 147 times ]
footwear--2 small.jpg
footwear--2 small.jpg [ 617.36 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]
Cadence--4 small.jpg
Cadence--4 small.jpg [ 1.34 MiB | Viewed 149 times ]

Author:  zombie [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

I like the look of the less bright coloured ones and also like to idea of spikes. My Skechers Golf Elite shoes are great but the moulded sole isn't great if it starts to rain. 

My club is modern thinking so no problem wearing these on my course. 

Author:  Danz [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

These would be ok to wear at our club but would I personnally get a pair? Probably not due to the colours.

The Red is just...too much red and reminds me of The Wizard of Oz.
The Hi-Vis Yellow would really get you noticed on a course and I'd rather not be noticed to some extent. Maybe good for the youf [sic] of today!
The White pair would be awesome...if the Hi-vis Yellow parts were switched for Mizuno Royal Blue.
I'd consider the Black for winter use if they were as comfy as the Adidas Adipower Boost I currently use.

Oh, and the addition of a spikeless sole option would sway my opinion too!

Just sayin' :)

Author:  DMT [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

MPX wrote:

How do we all feel about these?  They are designed for golf - obviously from a running base (Mizuno makes very good running shoes).  Wider, more stable platform, but all the cushioning you get from a running shoe.  Light and water resistant.  With a golf spike - so stable through the ball. 

Have the rules at your course relaxed enough?

Coming to Europe (with the new EU specific darker colourway) this March.

Is there a difference between "water resistant" and "water proof" in Mizuno parlance?

Author:  MPX [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

Waterproof means nothing gets through.  Resistant means it will take a shower, but they probably wouldn’t stay dry if you stood in a bath for 5 minutes.

Author:  hursty [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

Would wear the Black ones, not keen on the other colour options though.

Having said that, the yellow ones might keep peoples eyes on the shoes instead of my dodgy swing.....

Author:  Celtic_Bil [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

hursty wrote:

Would wear the Black ones, not keen on the other colour options though.

Having said that, the yellow ones might keep peoples eyes on the shoes instead of my dodgy swing.....


Think they would also need flashing lights and a horn to distract anyone away from your swing Paul  :)

If these are anything like the wave cadence running shoe, I think they will be great for summer.  Look a lot better than the nexlite SL shoes.  Just need to decide what colour I'm getting now.

Author:  hursty [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

Celtic_Bil wrote:

hursty wrote:

Would wear the Black ones, not keen on the other colour options though.

Having said that, the yellow ones might keep peoples eyes on the shoes instead of my dodgy swing.....


Think they would also need flashing lights and a horn to distract anyone away from your swing Paul  :)

If these are anything like the wave cadence running shoe, I think they will be great for summer.  Look a lot better than the nexlite SL shoes.  Just need to decide what colour I'm getting now.



Hush now and spend some time on updating your profile and signature :)

Author:  Varry Hardon [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

Black pair looked OK until I saw the sole.

Scréw in spikes? Died out with the dodo.

If you disagree, let me ask you a question:

In 10 years time, will any if the "performance" shoes have scréw in spikes?

If your answer is yes, you are probably the person who designed the "chin" on that HTC phone a few years ago.

Author:  Celtic_Bil [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Mizuno Wave Cadence Golf Shoe

Varry Hardon wrote:

Black pair looked OK until I saw the sole.

Scréw in spikes? Died out with the dodo.

If you disagree, let me ask you a question:

In 10 years time, will any if the "performance" shoes have scréw in spikes?

If your answer is yes, you are probably the person who designed the "chin" on that HTC phone a few years ago.


I can see where you’re coming from on these, with them been a summer shoe.  But, what about winter shoes?  Don’t you think the * in spikes give better grip?  I’ve never really looked too deeply into it, but aren’t ‘non * spike’ shoes basically just a trainer style sole?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/