MIZUNO

Elite Cart Bag

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:52 am

Posted by mike_snowden

Got one of these before Xmas, and mostly really liking it; my first proper cart bag, chosen largely because it has the universal foot.Basically I like it, but I have 3 negative comments:
  • The hood seems entirely reversed; when it is on a card, the opening is at the top, making pulling it over the clubs when it starts raining impossible; you have to zip it up.  Just why?
  • I can totally see why the strap is where it is; the bag will hang that way.  But the absence of any handle on the front makes steering it on and off the bag more awkward than I'd expect.  Holding the grab handles on top means a vertical lift only, really.  It also means it tends to go into the car presentation side down - ie weight on the equipment in the pockets
  • For a cart bag, the side pockets don't hold much more than my Previous stand bag; but when full, the water pocket works much worse
Author Information

HCP: 20.5
Local club/country: UK
Irons: JPX-800 Pro 4-PW (Project-X 6.0, 1" longer, 2° upright, Steel headweight, 3 layers tape), 2, MP-T11 50/5, 56/13 (bent 1° strong), 60/6
Driver: Callaway Hyper-X

Re: Elite Cart Bag

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Posted by mike_snowden

I now understand my error - by "Cart bag", you are using US technology, what you mean is "buggy bag".

So the suggestion is - why not place the press studs so the hood can be put on reversibly?  That would allow the bag to be correctly configured for either trolley or buggy.
Author Information

HCP: 20.5
Local club/country: UK
Irons: JPX-800 Pro 4-PW (Project-X 6.0, 1" longer, 2° upright, Steel headweight, 3 layers tape), 2, MP-T11 50/5, 56/13 (bent 1° strong), 60/6
Driver: Callaway Hyper-X

Re: Elite Cart Bag

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Posted by Gabriel14111954

I too have purchased an Elite Cart Bag.
I was just as surprised to find the rain hood designed the wrong way round. Also, for an Elite bag, I expect full 14 way dividers. Surprising too that the carry strap is not removable.
The umbrella slot is actually useless. The Mizuno umbrella ( if you want to use it) has to be forced in there and because the big apparel pocket is pushed outward, the hydro sleeve has become just big enough for a hip flask. Also, when you put the bag onto a cart , you have no option but to remove the umbrella because it comes into conflict with the top bag support on the cart.
All in all a poor design at best in my opinion.Not deserving of the title Elite in the name.
Author Information

Local club/country: none

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010