MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Re: What's your Mizuno story?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Posted by OhBoy!

You've entertained us all for a long time. Don't do it :):):)
Author Information

HCP: 7.8 or 8.0
Local club/country: Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons: I ❤️ my MP 53's; T7 50/56/60 deg.; Odyssey White Ice #7 (Al insert)
Driver: JPX 900. JPX EZ 2016 15, 19 & 22 deg.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Thank you... I consider that quite a compliment.
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-825
Driver: JPX-900

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:41 am

Posted by Hobbit

Hello from a newbie.

My Mizuno story started back in the mid 80's with a set of TP-9 irons. I then, as I still often do, move onto another brand but returned almost immediately with a set of Faldo ID. They stayed in the bag for quite a while, probably my longest surviving set.

Not long afterwards I went for a fitting with an independent, hoping to return to Mizuno but the numbers just didn't stack up. I've probably had half a dozen different fittings down the years, with different fitters, and each occasion got the same results. The spin rate with Mizzy irons was just too high.

Fast forward to a few weeks back and a visit to the local pro shop. The MP4 irons were just beautiful, and an impulse buy followed. I didn't even have a hit with them. A barely used set of MP4 irons with Project x 5.5 shafts are now in my bag. Unfortunately I've only managed a few gentle chips - currently out injured.
TM Sldr driver
TM RBZ 3 wood
TM 22* hybrid
Mizuno MP4 3-pw
Vokey 52 & 56
Odyssey putter
Author Information

HCP: 5
Local club/country: Murcar
Irons: Mizuno MP4 3-pw
Driver: TM Sldr

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Posted by MvW

Welcome on board Hobbit. Great choice of irons.

Hope the injury clears up soon, had a few weeks off with back problems earlier this season. When you are back I highly recommend joining up for forum meets, hopefully see you there.

Noticed your home course, which I played a couple of weeks ago with my dad & we both loved it. I will definitely be returning. Stunning views with some great holes & a couple of quirky ones too & 1 of the friendliest clubs I've been to. Well worth a visit for anyone in the area, even with the other fine courses nearby.
Mizuno MP54 5-PW
Mizuno JPX 850 3 Wood
Mizuno MP-T4 50° & 56° Wedges
Mizuno MP-T5 60° Wedge
Titleist 915 D2 Driver
Ping G20 5 Wood
Titleist 915 Hybrid 22.75°
Ping Karsten TR Anser 2
Author Information

HCP: 8.3
Local club/country: Edinburgh
Irons: Mizuno MP54
Driver: Titleist 915 D2

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Posted by zombie

Hobbit wrote:

Hello from a newbie.

My Mizuno story started back in the mid 80's with a set of TP-9 irons. I then, as I still often do, move onto another brand but returned almost immediately with a set of Faldo ID. They stayed in the bag for quite a while, probably my longest surviving set.

Not long afterwards I went for a fitting with an independent, hoping to return to Mizuno but the numbers just didn't stack up. I've probably had half a dozen different fittings down the years, with different fitters, and each occasion got the same results. The spin rate with Mizzy irons was just too high.

Fast forward to a few weeks back and a visit to the local pro shop. The MP4 irons were just beautiful, and an impulse buy followed. I didn't even have a hit with them. A barely used set of MP4 irons with Project x 5.5 shafts are now in my bag. Unfortunately I've only managed a few gentle chips - currently out injured.

A big "furry boots" welcome to you Hobbit. I used to live in Pitmedden but that was about 3 decades ago now.... 

Why not join us on the 2017 Northern Forum event?? Great bunch of guys (and quinnes) and top facilities. 
Ping G SF Tec driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 3 wood
Titleist AP1 3i to PW
Mizuno MP-R12 50
Mizuno MP-R12 56
Cleveland CG15 62
Scotty Cameron Newport M1
Author Information

HCP: 15.5
Local club/country: Craigielaw - East Lothian

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Posted by Hobbit

zombie wrote:

Hobbit wrote:

Hello from a newbie.

A big "furry boots" welcome to you Hobbit. I used to live in Pitmedden but that was about 3 decades ago now.... 

Why not join us on the 2017 Northern Forum event?? Great bunch of guys (and quinnes) and top facilities. 

Have we played together before at Craigielaw? Jonathan?? 
TM Sldr driver
TM RBZ 3 wood
TM 22* hybrid
Mizuno MP4 3-pw
Vokey 52 & 56
Odyssey putter
Author Information

HCP: 5
Local club/country: Murcar
Irons: Mizuno MP4 3-pw
Driver: TM Sldr

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Posted by Steve Smith

Hello

My Mizuno story began about 2001 in Newcastle upon Tyne.

I bought a full set of Pro 2 irons and woods and the bag. I had gone to see the pros at Slaley Hall for the Compaq GP that Andrew Coltart won in 2001. It was just around the time when the MP33's came out.

I just noticed that very many of the pros who were not under contract all had Mizuno irons in their bag.

Since then I have been a total Mizuno convert.

I have a set of MP14's 3 to PW which I have had restored to new.

Gaming my lovely MP32 3 to PW, the best irons ever.

I just bought a lovely set of MP37's in mint condition for £119

I read the reviews and it is all a pile of crap. The Calloway rep told my club repairer today that they were working on an iron that goes further and more forgiving, what a  pile of ******!

You don't want an iron that goes further, you want an iron that goes the same distance every time

Sorryfor the rant. The MP37's are bigger and more forgiving than the 32's or 14's
Author Information

HCP: 13.4 ha ha
Local club/country: Whitley Bay,Tyne and Wear, England
Irons: Mizuno MP32 2-PW, Mizuno MP14 2-SW, MP37 3-W, TP9 3-SW
Driver: Mizuno JPX825 - 9 degree Orochi Red - Stiff, Mizuno MP600 - 9 degree Grafalloy Prolaunch, Mizuno Pro 300S Fujikura Vista Pro 70 stiff

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Posted by tider992010

MX 25-I won some Titleist products by giving a slogan to a website.  I traded a couple Fairway woods for a set of used Mizuno MX 25's.  Loved them.  Best irons that I've ever hit.  Swore up and down, that I would never trade them.  But had a weak moment and traded the set for Nike's.  Biggest mistake, I've made in golf clubs.  Just recently picked up a set of Mizuno JPX 850s (similar to the 25') with boron.  As quick as I hit them, I remembered the feel of the 25's.  

Keep em coming Mizuno.  
Author Information

HCP: 17
Local club/country: Anywhere USA
Irons: Changes Every Season
Driver: Changes Every Season

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 am

Posted by ruley

Hi there,

Started with a couple of Hybrids in the early 2000's with me and Mizuno. Just over two years ago I joined a decent club to give golf a proper go, was only a now and them thing prior to that... anyhow, not long after joining I went and got fitted and the 825 Pro's came up as one of the options. Have had them in the bag for the last two years, have since added S5 wedges, JPX 850 driver and most recently JPX EZ 4 hybrid.

Heading in for another fitting this Thursday with the thought of moving to MP's, blending what ever gives me the best numbers out of the H5's, 25's and 5's.

Cheers,

Dean 
Author Information

HCP: 11
Local club/country: Brookwater, Australia
Irons: JPX EZ 3W, JPX EZ 2&4H, 5-6 MP-H5, 7-P MP5, S5 50 54 58. On the bench 2-4 MP-H4, 4-G JPX 825 Pro
Driver: JPX 900, JPX 850 backup

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Posted by DGMP

1) a few years back made my first Mizuno brand purchases, which were baseball gear products for my son.

2) earlier this summer I made my first Mizuno golf product purchase, a set of MP5 irons.

3) I liked the MP5's so much I soon purchased a 2016 model JPX-EZ driver, plus 3 and 5 fairway metals.

4) I liked the MP5 irons and JPZ-EZ metal woods so much I then purchased a Mizuno MP-A306 putter

5) to hold the above clubs I have purchased both a Mizuno stand and cart bag.

6) to improve my on course appearance I now wear Mizuno branded pants and shirts.

7) for exercise walking I recently purchased a pair of  Mizuno Wave Unite 2 trainer shoes.
Author Information

HCP: 2
Local club/country: United States
Irons: MP5
Driver: JPX-EZ

Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010