MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: What's your Mizuno story?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

I see you decided to jump in the shallow end of the pool... ;-)

Sounds like a nice setup.
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver: JPX-900

Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 am

Posted by ruley

DGMP wrote:

1) a few years back made my first Mizuno brand purchases, which were baseball gear products for my son.

2) earlier this summer I made my first Mizuno golf product purchase, a set of MP5 irons.

3) I liked the MP5's so much I soon purchased a 2016 model JPX-EZ driver, plus 3 and 5 fairway metals.

4) I liked the MP5 irons and JPZ-EZ metal woods so much I then purchased a Mizuno MP-A306 putter

5) to hold the above clubs I have purchased both a Mizuno stand and cart bag.

6) to improve my on course appearance I now wear Mizuno branded pants and shirts.

7) for exercise walking I recently purchased a pair of  Mizuno Wave Unite 2 trainer shoes.

WOW!.... However you haven't mentioned wedges, hat and belt... best be sorting that ;)
Author Information

HCP: 11
Local club/country: Brookwater, Australia
Irons: JPX EZ 3W, JPX EZ 2&4H, 5-6 MP-H5, 7-P MP5, S5 50 54 58. On the bench 2-4 MP-H4, 4-G JPX 825 Pro
Driver: JPX 900, JPX 850 backup

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Posted by DGMP

ruley wrote:

DGMP wrote:

1) a few years back made my first Mizuno brand purchases, which were baseball gear products for my son.

2) earlier this summer I made my first Mizuno golf product purchase, a set of MP5 irons.

3) I liked the MP5's so much I soon purchased a 2016 model JPX-EZ driver, plus 3 and 5 fairway metals.

4) I liked the MP5 irons and JPZ-EZ metal woods so much I then purchased a Mizuno MP-A306 putter

5) to hold the above clubs I have purchased both a Mizuno stand and cart bag.

6) to improve my on course appearance I now wear Mizuno branded pants and shirts.

7) for exercise walking I recently purchased a pair of  Mizuno Wave Unite 2 trainer shoes.

WOW!.... However you haven't mentioned wedges, hat and belt... best be sorting that ;)

Now that you mention it....

1) I do not like the plastic emblems on the backside of Mizuno's current wedges, so I play Vokey.

2) I do have two Mizuno hats, one white, one black. Tech fabric with a metallic runbird logo.

3) I have a couple of the inexpensive, cut-to-size,  colorful fabric Mizuno golf belts.
Author Information

HCP: 2
Local club/country: United States
Irons: MP5
Driver: JPX-EZ

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Posted by wilkie113

I have recently just picked up a second hand set of Mizuno clubs, and a stand bag for £60 after starting up playing again for the first time in 9 years.

The irons are MX15s, 3 - SW, and also came with a Driver and 3 wood.
Also came with an odyssey 2 ball, and a mizuno 0816 putter.
Picked up a 60 degree wedge separately.
Author Information

Local club/country: United Kingdom
Irons: Mizuno MX15 3-SW

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Posted by Vinny Cap

I started out with some Pings when I began golfing and then expanded my Ping collection.  I really like the feel of the BeCu clubs and then ended up trying some BeNi.  Such a better feeling than many big name clubs.
I read a lot of golf forums and golf related websites and got interested in Miura so I ended up grabbing a sweet set of MC102's.  Really nice clubs with a sweet feeling and a lot of feedback from them.  I have a few friends who have gamed Mizuno's and I had a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket so I thought I would try some Mizuno's because everyone talks about how buttery they feel.  That is how my Miura's feel to me. 
So after trying to decipher the naming convention on them I went to the store and hit what they had for used and new and only really liked the MP 5's.  They were not for sale so I started browsing the web and looking at the images of the heads and really liked the look of the MP 67's.  I ended up finding a nice set and got a pretty good deal on them.  I got 3 - W with new grips on them and DG S330 shafts.
I have put them in play twice now and really like them.  They have a really nice ball flight and they were going rocket straight or had a nice little draw to them.
The only odd thing was that they were 1, 2 & 4 degrees greater than my other clubs and I was hitting them a lot further with the same swing I always use.  I had to club down 1 to 2 clubs.  It was strange but I adjusted to it and I think I have them dialed in pretty good now.  Hope to get in a few more rounds before that ugly white stuff covers the ground.
Author Information

Local club/country: Mass
Irons: MP 67's 3 - W : 52 & 58 MPR-12's

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

OMG - By some chance, would "Vinny Cap" happen to rhyme with "Stretch"?
Author Information

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Posted by Vinny Cap

Hi Dennis! 
Funny to say but those do rhyme!  Good to see you over here as we are both playing Mizuno's now.
Author Information

Local club/country: Mass
Irons: MP 67's 3 - W : 52 & 58 MPR-12's

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

You're going to love it here. This is one of the nicest bunch of guys I've met on the web.

Show them some pictures of your old Pings and the Miuras.
Author Information

Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Posted by Brattz

First set of clubs were Pinseeker Blades in 1989 when I was 8 years old. Then moved onto Titleist DCI and then my first set of Mizuno's when I was 16. I had some Mizuno T-Zoid, then upgraded to the T-Zoid XV the T-Zoid forged and finally the Comp EZ.
After a few years experimenting firstly with Nike CCI's and then with Nike VR Pro Combo's I came back to Mizuno with the MP-54's and then now onto the MP-25's. Will probably never go away from Mizuno again.  
Titleist 915d3 10.5° - Diamana Blue S+ 60g
Titleist 915fd 15.0° - Diamana Blue S+ 70g
Mizuno MP-H4 3i - DG S300
Mizuno MP-25 4-PW - DG S300
Cleveland 588 RTX2.0 Forged 50°/10°,54°/10°,58°/10°
Cleveland SmartSq FBCSM 35"
Srixon Z-Star XV

Last edited by Brattz on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author Information

HCP: 5.5 CONGU
Local club/country: Beeston Fields, England www.beestonfields.co.uk
Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-PW
Driver: Titleist 915 D3 - Diamana S+ Blue 60S

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

I was thinking about an aspect of this thread I can't remember seeing before.

Has anyone's Mizuno story CHANGED?

In my case, a simple thing like Mizuno's use of a lighter head on longer clubs created lots of opportunity for me to come up with a set of irons more properly fitted to me without being too heavy. It allowed me to go to graphite shafts in my irons and wedges with less experimentation and cost.

I guess all in all, it just made me feel more brand loyal than I was before, and that's hard to imagine.
Author Information

Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010