MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

Re: What's your Mizuno story?

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Posted by MPX

After reading all of these, we got Mr Faldo on camera telling his Mizuno story.  We'll post here on the 23/12/16 - assuming I can figure out how to embed the video.
Attachments
  • Copy of MY MIZUNO STORY.png
    Copy of MY MIZUNO STORY.png [ 326.32 KiB | Viewed 601 times ]
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), MP-T5 wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Posted by Deemac

MPX wrote:

After reading all of these, we got Mr Faldo on camera telling his Mizuno story.  We'll post here on the 23/12/16 - assuming I can figure out how to embed the video.

C'mon MPX.... How many times do we need to tell you how to do that!!! :lol:
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it. - Arnold Toynbee
Author Information

HCP: 4
Local club/country: Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons: MP 69's
Driver: Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Posted by MPX

A couple more Deemac.
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), MP-T5 wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:55 am

Posted by jkjaberg

Have played golf since teen ager (55+ years). First 35 years (including 3 years on my college golf team) with the same irons - early 60's vintage set of McGregor Tourneys. Was told I needed to get a more modern design but none ever felt as good as my Tourneys. Until I came across a set of Mizuno Trues. Played nothing but Mizuno's since. MP 14, MP 29, MP 33, and currently MP 32's with Project X 5.5 shafts, lie adjusted to 2 degrees up. Lost a lot of distance over years but I've always concluded that the accuracy and feel I get with forged blades adds more enjoyment to playing than distance. Since I turned 70 several months ago I've been rethinking. If I could find clubs that preserve the accuracy, look and feel of my 32's but maintain a little edge in distance I might be tempted. Seriously looking at MP H5, MP 15, or JPX 900 Tour. I need a 3 iron -  never been able to hit a hybrid.  Any experiences or suggestions?
Author Information

HCP: 9
Local club/country: Largo Municipal
Irons: MP 32 2-PW MP-T4 52 MP-T4 56
Driver: MP 001 10 R

Mon May 01, 2017 5:00 am

Posted by Steve Smith

Deemac wrote:

Steve Smith wrote:

Hello All

I will introduce myself, I am a 48 year old man hacking it around off 10 now, I did get down to 3 aged 16 then I gave it up for a few years. I went to see the 2001 tour event at Slaley Hall in Northumberland and I noticed that nearly all of the pros that were not in contract were using Mizuno gear. I bought the tour bag with the Zoid pro 2 irons, the zoid 3 and 5 wood and the driver at the time, I still have them in my cupboard at home in perfect condition, always used with iron covers. I bought in 2007 the new tour bag with the mp32 irons and the F50 3 and 5 woods with the MP600 driver. I still use these clubs to this day the MP32 irons are the sweetest clubs I have ever hit, they have a lovely feel. I have tried the latest Taylor Made driver and could get another 20 yards but I prefer to be able to work the ball and control the trajectory that the MP600 allows me. This and the MP001driver which I still have are Mizuno's best ever drivers.

I am a traditionalist, I believe that the R and A and USGA should try to stop the ball technology that is ruining the game. I also believe that the driver size needs to be put back to something like the size of the persimmons. It is not fair that some big useless swiper can have a go and knock it past a small and talented players all of the craft has been taken out of the game just like tennis. I have been loyal to Mizuno now for 14 years as I feel they are the best and have the best ethos

Welcome aboard!  Don't be a stranger and we look forward to hearing from you regularly...

Author Information

HCP: 13.4 ha ha
Local club/country: Whitley Bay,Tyne and Wear, England
Irons: Mizuno MP32 2-PW, Mizuno MP14 2-SW, MP37 3-W, TP9 3-SW
Driver: Mizuno JPX825 - 9 degree Orochi Red - Stiff, Mizuno MP600 - 9 degree Grafalloy Prolaunch, Mizuno Pro 300S Fujikura Vista Pro 70 stiff

Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Posted by Terry

So , next week will be 8 years a member .
I must say being a lefty it's been a love hate relationship ,especially when we leftys were down to two sets of irons and nothing else . There were quite a few lively discussions with MPX,deemac and myself . BUT I always had at least something mizzy in the bag. The powers finally saw the light and now offer a pretty good range for leftys, well, better than previous.
Now ,when the JPX ez driver arrives I will have 
aerolite bag,plenty of flying bird polo tops,belt, matching blue and white footjoys as well as mizzy irons and wedge and driver of course.
At 74 I still walk 18 at least twice a week ,can still hit the driver over 200 metres (180 carry) and 7 iron 130 metres.
I now look for consistency and to keep the ball on the fairway with my driver and achieve a nice straight flight with the irons.
On long par fours I aim to be just short of the green and chip to within 2 metres. I enjoy playing out of bunkers and get up and down 60% . My major flaw is trying to overhit ,especially with the metals .
I sometimes have a quiet laugh when playing young bucks when on say a 120 metre par 3  I land on the green and they ask what I used and I tell them an 8 and they proceed to tell me they  only need to use a pw . Not only am I giving them 50 years my 8 is almost equivalent to their flash new pw loft wise. . I used to try and explain about lofts but now I just say wow.
I love my mp60's but would like to get one more set of mizzy irons that are as light ( well balanced) and smooth before I am too old to really enjoy them .
I played with a fellow vet two weeks ago ,a young chap in his 60's and he was playing all Mizuno including mp68s
even though his handicap was 23. He said that he knows he should be using GI clubs but he just loves the feeling of the 68s. That's how I feel.
Finally this post makes 400 . Bit of a turtle slow but hanging in there
Terry
Author Information

HCP: 13.2
Local club/country: Queensland
Irons: Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver: Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade

Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 am

Posted by DennisMiller

Terry wrote:

At 74 I still walk 18 at least twice a week

And having just turned 68, I'm envious as can be. Good for you!
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-EZ Forged
Driver: JPX-900

Mon May 15, 2017 10:12 am

Posted by Terry

DennisMiller wrote:

Terry wrote:

At 74 I still walk 18 at least twice a week

And having just turned 68, I'm envious as can be. Good for you!

G'Day Dennis,
Hey mate Florida's latitude is almost identical to where I live ,Brisbane.only North so no excuses (carpe diem)
The  weather is perfect 364/365 , the golf is great , cold is less than 23c (73f)
The eye candy is beaut. ,74 is the new middle age .... just don't look in a mirror ha.
Take care mate
Terry
Author Information

HCP: 13.2
Local club/country: Queensland
Irons: Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver: Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade

Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010