Re: Happy new year

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:00 am

Posted by DennisMiller

Boy, I remember January of 2018 like it was yesterday!
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver: JPX-900

Re: Happy new year

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Posted by Halebopp

Some great news for 2018 already.

The European Parliament voted against the scrapping of the daylight savings time! It was proposed by some moronic, idiotic, lobotomized Finns but thank you EU for savings us for now!

They wanted the change because changing time twice a year kills at least 10 000 people a year and leaves half a million depressed, as if that wasn't caused by the 6-month darkness. Apparently they want to watch the sunrise at 2 AM in the summer. Of course, up north the sun doesn't set at all.

With quite a short season, evening rounds on weekdays make up a huge part of the rounds we play and if DST was done away with, we'd start having problems scheduling rounds from early August as now the problems start in early September.

Never mind the hit tourism would take as long, sunny evenings wouldn't attract tourists as much, people would be even more depressed as they couldn't go out after work to exercise in the evening light as well as they can now.

Of course, those who come home from work and spend the rest of the day on the couch watching TV will have trouble falling asleep when the sun is still up and it's easier for them to wake up if the sun rises earlier but I couldn't care less about those people.

Let those of us who actually enjoy the outdoors enjoy evenings and if anything, we should be looking at moving our time closer to the ever-growing Asian markets. (especally with the Brexit on its way :D ).

End of rant.  Carry on and never mind me and my rambling. :)
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4