MIZUNO

Re: No Golf For A While

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Bonobobananas wrote:

You not having a subacromial decompression for the shoulders Dennis, if there are spurs affecting the biceps and rotator cuff? It’s a pretty straightforward op as they go.

I take it you’ve had nerve conduction studies to confirm the carpal tunnel syndrome? Make sure it’s not nerve root compression from your neck but I’m sure they’ve ruled that out. Meantime check out these https://youtu.be/oeV9IhFFpEk guys (there are three videos, one for each of the three main nerves in your arm). 

Yes, I had a nerve conduction study. What a weird test. At one shock, my left arm flailed around and I nearly slapped the girl doing the test involuntarily. The results were pretty immediate. My right hand is almost not firing at all, but I have more pain in the left hand, so the doctor suggested fixing that one first, just to make me feel better in general.

The upper arm spurs biting into me are definitely something to fix next, but between recovering from the hand surgery and doing something about the shoulders, I'll be able to manage some golf. My shoulders don't really hurt all that much when I swing a club. It's more a matter of reaching forward or up. If I swing more around me, it's not so troubling and I've always needed to shallow out my swing.

I've already spoken to a teaching pro buddy about setting me up like a rank beginner again once the doctors approve me to play again.
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver: JPX-900

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Posted by Halebopp

I'm sorry to hear that, Dennis. Hopefully the surgeries and healing will go well!

Also, welcome to the no golf in the winter club!

Having surgeries on both arms at the same time is one of the big reasons I've never had the interest to try downhill skiing or snowboarding. :D Even the downhills while doing cross country scare me at times. Especially the turns at the bottom of the hills.
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Posted by zombie

The spirit inside you big man will see you back swinging before you know it. Look at our DCB and his brilliant progress. 

Keep us updated and pencil in Ramside Hall for your big comeback!

;) 
Ping G SF Tec driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 3 wood
Mizuno H4 3iron
Titleist AP1 4i to PW
Mizuno MP-R12 50
Mizuno MP-R12 56
Cleveland CG15 62
Scotty Cameron Newport M1
Author Information

HCP: 15.9
Local club/country: Craigielaw - East Lothian

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Posted by Kgrove

Good luck! Try and make your own silver lining by focusing on your rehab. I've seen more than a few people end up better than they started following an injury or surgery by using rehab to re-kindle strength and flexibility they lost by inattention. I hope it goes well for you!

Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: USA
Irons: MP5 4-PW KBS Tour 90, MPH5 2-iron, Titleist 716 T-MB 3-iron
Driver: JPX-900 w/ 569 shaft

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Posted by OhBoy!

Blimey Dennis. Just make sure you look after yourself.

A friend of mine had a double hernia and is reputed to have asked the surgeon to make the left part of the groin a little tighter than the right - so as to promote a gentle draw. Can something similar be done to your hands?

Take care and keep us posted. We’re always agog for your news.
Author Information

HCP: 7.7
Local club/country: Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons: MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver: JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 am

Posted by DennisMiller

OhBoy! wrote:

Blimey Dennis. Just make sure you look after yourself.

A friend of mine had a double hernia and is reputed to have asked the surgeon to make the left part of the groin a little tighter than the right - so as to promote a gentle draw. Can something similar be done to your hands?

Whoa now... Now that's a great idea... I'll call his office first thing in the morning.

We flew home today, arriving back in Miami around 8:30 this evening. Our friend who had been taken of our dog picked us up with Hogan in the car. I was thrilled to have my little buddy back and right now he's snuggled against my leg speeling on the couch.

I have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 AM on Wednesday. They called today to tell me I'll be the first patient taken, probably starting around 7:30 after they get me in a gown and all tubed up for the anesthesia. The surgery is supposed to take about 30 minutes and I don't know how long it might take me to wake up enough to stumble to the car so a friend can bring me home.

As painful as my fingers are right now, it's really hard to button or unbutton a shirt or pants, so tomorrow, I'm going to a sporting goods store and grab a couple pair of shorts with elastic waistbands. I figure to be pretty lazy for a week or so after the surgery. Once the stitches are out, I'm supposed to get an impression as rehab starts about when I can do the right hand.

Until the hands are back in good shape, we aren't going to do anything about the bone spurs in the shoulders. My Orthopedist friend told me physical therapy might help that and I could avoid surgery.
Author Information

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 am

Posted by DennisMiller

It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm about to leave for the surgery center. Needless to say, since my left hand gets cut today, my right hand woke up more painful. Figures, huh?

I'm supposed to be the first patient done this morning, so hopefully, I'll be home around 11 AM, or around 4 PM for most of you across the pond. As soon as I get home, I want a cup of coffee and then I'm going to bed. I didn't sleep all night, so I guess I'm more nervous about this than I thought.

Talk to you all later...
Author Information

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:10 am

Posted by hursty

DennisMiller wrote:

It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm about to leave for the surgery center. Needless to say, since my left hand gets cut today, my right hand woke up more painful. Figures, huh?

I'm supposed to be the first patient done this morning, so hopefully, I'll be home around 11 AM, or around 4 PM for most of you across the pond. As soon as I get home, I want a cup of coffee and then I'm going to bed. I didn't sleep all night, so I guess I'm more nervous about this than I thought.

Talk to you all later...

Hope all goes well Dennis
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 S
Mizuno JPX 900 3W - Speeder 661 X
Mizuno JPX 900 19 hy - Fujikura Pro 75S
Mizuno MP-5 4i-PW - PX 6.0
Mizuno MPT-7 50 / 54 / 58 - PX 6.0
Odyssey #7 CS
Author Information

HCP: 8.5
Local club/country: The Shropshire GC
Irons: MP-5 4-PW, MPT-7 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 S, JPX 900 3W - 661 X, JPX 900 19 deg - Fuji Pro 75S, Odyssey #7CS

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Posted by Bonobobananas

Yes hope all goes well chap 
Author Information

HCP: 8.3
Local club/country: Eaton (Norwich)
Irons: MP18 mb Mod105S
Driver: PingG LST 9º Tour 80

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

The doctor said everything went really well and this morning, 24 hours post surgery, I definitely have more feeling in my left hand and fingers. The hand is extremely weak, so physical therapy will have to work on that, but I'm nearly pain free already.

The worst thing I could say right now is, the incision itches a bit and my fingers still feel sort of fat. I feel 1000% better than yesterday and I can't wait for the left hand to heal so I can get the right hand done.
Author Information

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010