MIZUNO

Mizuno jpx 900 hot metal irons

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:57 am

Posted by Neilhf

Ordered a custom fit set of mizuno jpx 900 hot metal irons on 14th aug 17 to be built at cumbernauld in scotland.On friday 18th aug i was told that they had run out of jpx hot metal heads and wouldn't be getting any in till 7th of september.Mizuno prides themself on a 5 day custom fit service which is great but how does a company like mizuno run out of heads on a iron that's nearly 12 months old?Also reading several posts on the internet this sort of thing has happened a few times on various items.I can't believe mizuno suddenly got a rush for this club so i think its poor management of stock levels to be caught out like this.There are too many other good manufactures out there to be complacent and think people will wait a month to get there clubs and I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order.
Author Information

HCP: 9
Local club/country: Nelson uk

Re: Mizuno jpx 900 hot metal irons

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Posted by MPX

It's not all heads - but we generally won't send out a part complete set.  Generally its some of the peripheral lofts that can run low - GW and 4 iron.  It's harder to forecast that area when every set is custom build.
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), R-Series wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Posted by Neilhf

My order was for 5-sw no gap wedge.I phoned mizuno golf customer service and they said that they had run out of heads and were advising all retailers that until after the 7th september which is when they are due into the factory, No 900 hot metal sets of irons will be available because they havent got the heads to make any kind of set Which for a company the size of mizuno is astonishing. 
Author Information

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Posted by Celtic_Bil

Just out of interest Neil, what made you go for 5 to SW and miss out the GW and what do you have to fill the 10 degree gap between PW and SW?

Cheers.  CB.
87-4-4-5-6 (85-4-3-4-4)
JPX850 10.5 Fujikura Orochi 60 S (1 & Draw)
Titleist 915F 15 Diamana Blue S+ 70 S
MP650 19/22 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye 85 S
MP5 4-PW DG S300
S5 Blue Ion 52/58 DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"
Author Information

HCP: 8
Local club/country: Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire http://www.hunleyhotel.co.uk/
Irons: MP5/MP54
Driver: JPX850

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Posted by LOS

While there is probably a bit of an art to the forecasting there does seem to have been a number of instances of shortage of heads and I wonder if this has occurred, in part, because of Mizuno policy. In the presidents statement he did say
"In order to improve our gross margin ratio we will explore all avenues, such as creating high value-added products,but also work on a variety of ways to decrease costs, set fair sales prices, prevent unnecessary discount sales with better inventory control ......    It is possible they have just reduced the amount of stock they hold to reduce waste.

http://corp.mizuno.com/en/investors/message.aspx
Author Information

Local club/country: England

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Posted by Neilhf

Hi,I currently game a cleveland rtx 3 50 deg which fits fine for gapping.I must admit i am buying the sand wedge blind having not  even seen one in the flesh and i thought buying 2 wedges blind was too much of a risk,So if the sand wedge turns out ok then I'll probably order the gap wedge later.If i order it in september i might get it for christmas.The thing that has really pis### me off is.Their was no mention of lack of heads when the order went in to mizuno and they must of known and it took a week to inform me.In the mean time i
sold my irons,This causes a major problem because i am going on a golfing holiday to portugal on the 6th of september and all i have is a old set of callaways in the loft that haven't seen the light of day for about 8 years.
Author Information

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Posted by PaulBoy

I can understand your frustration & had similar experiences with my JPX900 driver (ran out of heads) and my JPX900F irons - UK / Europe does seem to get a raw deal in terms of this happening probably because we are a much smaller user base than those in Japan & the US (?) 
In terms of your holiday, why not use one of the companies that will supply golf clubs to you in Portugal (I presume they still are in operation?) - The added bonus is you don't have to haul your clubs on holiday with you, or pay a ridiculous amount to the airline to take your own bats with you (?)
Paul
JPX900F 4-PW CTaperLite S
MP-T7 50* 54* 58*
JPX900 Aldila Rogue 60s
JPX900 3w & JPX850 5w
Scotty Cameron Newport II putter
Author Information

HCP: 4.5
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: JPX900F 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Driver: JPX 900 c/w Aldila Rogue 60s

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 am

Posted by Celtic_Bil

Neilhf wrote:

Hi,I currently game a cleveland rtx 3 50 deg which fits fine for gapping.I must admit i am buying the sand wedge blind having not  even seen one in the flesh and i thought buying 2 wedges blind was too much of a risk,So if the sand wedge turns out ok then I'll probably order the gap wedge later.If i order it in september i might get it for christmas.The thing that has really pis### me off is.Their was no mention of lack of heads when the order went in to mizuno and they must of known and it took a week to inform me.In the mean time i
sold my irons,This causes a major problem because i am going on a golfing holiday to portugal on the 6th of september and all i have is a old set of callaways in the loft that haven't seen the light of day for about 8 years.

I think jumping from PW to SW in the 900HM and then having a totally different wedge inbetween would seriously mess with my head :).  Personally I would have stopped at PW and then gone for both extra wedges later if the PW performed well, but I do see where you are coming from.

The communication issue about the delay isn't always a Mizuno thing.  Most stores are aware of delays but don't seem to pass info on to the customer at the time of order.  The unexpected popularity of the JPX900 driver (as PaulBoy mentioned) and certain iron models this year led to a shortage in heads, but this was communicated by Mizuno and MPX posted several updates on the forum.

Hopefully the wait will be worthwhile and the irons will perform once you get delivery.
87-4-4-5-6 (85-4-3-4-4)
JPX850 10.5 Fujikura Orochi 60 S (1 & Draw)
Titleist 915F 15 Diamana Blue S+ 70 S
MP650 19/22 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye 85 S
MP5 4-PW DG S300
S5 Blue Ion 52/58 DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"
Author Information

HCP: 8
Local club/country: Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire http://www.hunleyhotel.co.uk/
Irons: MP5/MP54
Driver: JPX850

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:31 am

Posted by MPX

Hi Neil

Customer Service told us that they spoke to you on the phone and all was explained.  Can appreciate the frustration when things aren't immediate - but we do inform all of our retailers straight away if there are any head shortages.  

Forecasting the heads is a very complex job as people are ordering so differently every year.  The long irons / wedges and set mixing is evolving rapidly.  Golfers and retailers more educated as to what's available year on year.

Harder to predict than you might imagine.  We would love to guess the patterns perfectly very time - not in our interests to get it wrong.   Most of the heads are being forged in Hiroshima and come by boat to our Scotland assembly line - so the forecasts and 'guessing' is done far in advance.  Not something you can quickly adjust when there is a shortage......takes a while to adjust.
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), R-Series wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Posted by hursty

MPX wrote:

Hi Neil

Customer Service told us that they spoke to you on the phone and all was explained.  Can appreciate the frustration when things aren't immediate - but we do inform all of our retailers straight away if there are any head shortages.  

Forecasting the heads is a very complex job as people are ordering so differently every year.  The long irons / wedges and set mixing is evolving rapidly.  Golfers and retailers more educated as to what's available year on year.

Harder to predict than you might imagine.  We would love to guess the patterns perfectly very time - not in our interests to get it wrong.   Most of the heads are being forged in Hiroshima and come by boat to our Scotland assembly line - so the forecasts and 'guessing' is done far in advance.  Not something you can quickly adjust when there is a shortage......takes a while to adjust.

MPX, any chance of a forecast on when my wife is going to let me swap my MP5s for the MP18??? :)
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 S
Mizuno JPX 900 3W - Speeder 661 X
Mizuno JPX 900 19 hy - Diamana Ahina 90H S
Mizuno MP-5 4i-PW - PX 6.0
Mizuno MPT-5 50/54/58 - C Taper Lite X
Odyssey Versa Works #9
Author Information

HCP: 8.4
Local club/country: The Shropshire GC
Irons: MP-5 4-PW, MPT-5 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 S, JPX 900 3W - 661 X, JPX 900 19 deg - Ahina 90H S, Odyssey #9

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010