MIZUNO

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

No Golf For A While

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:47 am

Posted by DennisMiller

For the past 6 weeks or so, I've had terrible pain in my shoulders, hands and wrists.

After a bunch of tests, it's been determined I have bone spurs in both shoulders on the upper arm. They are both scratching on the tendons and a second one on my left arm is scratching my bicep.

Add to that a diagnosis of long term, severe carpel tunnel and as you can imagine, I'm not a real happy camper right now.

As of a meeting today with the surgeon, I'm scheduled for surgery on my left hand November 29th. I'll rehab and within a month or so after that, have the surgery on the right hand. Just by rough estimate, I probably won't be hitting golf balls until February or March.

Anyway, I'll have a lot of time to hang around here and drive you all nuts in the meantime. The way I see it, it might keep me from spending the money on the new 180 driver until it's been out a while.

This getting old stuff ain't for sissies...
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver: JPX-900

Re: No Golf For A While

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 am

Posted by seanmor

DennisMiller wrote:

For the past 6 weeks or so, I've had terrible pain in my shoulders, hands and wrists.

After a bunch of tests, it's been determined I have bone spurs in both shoulders on the upper arm. They are both scratching on the tendons and a second one on my left arm is scratching my bicep.

Add to that a diagnosis of long term, severe carpel tunnel and as you can imagine, I'm not a real happy camper right now.

As of a meeting today with the surgeon, I'm scheduled for surgery on my left hand November 29th. I'll rehab and within a month or so after that, have the surgery on the right hand. Just by rough estimate, I probably won't be hitting golf balls until February or March.

Anyway, I'll have a lot of time to hang around here and drive you all nuts in the meantime. The way I see it, it might keep me from spending the money on the new 180 driver until it's been out a while.

Hi Dennis,

Sorry to hear of your shoulder problems I can understand and sympathise with you on this
having suffered from bad arthritis in my back arms and shoulders for
a number of years now.

And the similarities don't end there as I did also suffer from Carpel tunnel in both
hands.

I was still working at the time and it made some of the tasks in my job as an engineer very
difficult with the numbness and loss of feeling that I would get in
my hands and it didn't help either when swinging a golf club.

Fortunately I had the surgery done ten years ago now that totally eradicated the problem
completely,

Cheers

John :D
JPX900 Driver EVO 2 569 R-Flex
3 Wood 15deg " " R-Flex
Hyb 19deg Fuji SIX R-Flex
Hyb 22deg " " R-Flex
JPX900 5-PW KBS Tour C-taper Lite R Flex
Wedges 50/54/58deg DG Wedge
Mizuno Procart bag
Odyssey Oworks R-Line putter
Author Information

HCP: 20.6 SGU
Local club/country: Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-PW KBS Tour C-taper lite R flex
Driver: JPX-900 Speeder 569 Evo 2 R flex

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Posted by DMT

Good luck with the surgery Dennis.  I guess your guitars will also need to see some rest during your re-hab? 
Author Information

HCP: 7.5
Local club/country: Celtic Manor
Irons: JPX 850 Forged KBS Stiff (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Whiteboard stiff

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Posted by PaulBoy

Hi Dennis ... Sorry to hear about your health issues, but look forward to reading your (more) regular posts while you recuperate - Think of it as having a winter break like a lot of people here have to do (?)
Cheers ... Paul
JPX900F 4-PW CTaperLite S
MP-T7 50* 54* 58*
M2 (2016) ProjectX Hzrdus Black 6.0
JPX900 3w & 5w Speeder 757s
MP650 19* Hybrid UST AxivCore
TM TP Collection "Juno" putter
Author Information

HCP: 4.5
Local club/country: Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons: JPX900F 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Driver: M2 (2016) c/w ProjectX Hzrdus Black 6.0

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Posted by Stewart 57

Sorry to hear about your health  Dennis, hope your recouperation goes well .....
Author Information

HCP: 11.4
Local club/country: Sandnes Golf Club, Norway
Irons: Mizuno MP 64 3 - PW.. MP T 11. 50,54+58 wedges, Bettinardi putter
Driver: MP650, 9.5 driver, 3+, 3 (15) , 5 woods, 22' hybrid

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

PaulBoy wrote:

Think of it as having a winter break like a lot of people here have to do (?)
Cheers ... Paul

That's not a bad idea. I'll just act like the coconuts on my palm trees are snowballs.

I'm going to see how mentally painful it is, but I told the guys in my Monday group that I would come out the beginning of December after the first surgery and ride around with them. My game has been pretty awful lately, but I truly enjoy their company, so just riding around with them should still be a lot of fun.
Author Information

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Posted by WalkerCup

Sorry to hear your news Dennis.  Best of luck with your treatment and you'll be back in no time! 
Author Information

HCP: 2
Local club/country: British Isles
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3 Deg up plus3/4" Project X LZ 4-PW
Driver: Tmadem1 2017,9.5 GDesign GP 7X

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Posted by hursty

DennisMiller wrote:

Can you not get both hands done at the same time?

Will save on recovery time and mean you can't come on here and drive us all nuts = everyone is a winner!!!!!!*

* Speedy recovery Dennis :)
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 S
Mizuno JPX 900 3W - Speeder 661 X
Mizuno JPX 900 19 hy - Fujikura Pro 75S
Mizuno MP-5 4i-PW - PX 6.0
Mizuno MPT-7 50 / 54 / 58 - PX 6.0
Odyssey #7 CS
Author Information

HCP: 8.5
Local club/country: The Shropshire GC
Irons: MP-5 4-PW, MPT-7 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 S, JPX 900 3W - 661 X, JPX 900 19 deg - Fuji Pro 75S, Odyssey #7CS

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Posted by Bonobobananas

You not having a subacromial decompression for the shoulders Dennis, if there are spurs affecting the biceps and rotator cuff? It’s a pretty straightforward op as they go.

I take it you’ve had nerve conduction studies to confirm the carpal tunnel syndrome? Make sure it’s not nerve root compression from your neck but I’m sure they’ve ruled that out. Meantime check out these https://youtu.be/oeV9IhFFpEk guys (there are three videos, one for each of the three main nerves in your arm). 
Author Information

HCP: 8.3
Local club/country: Eaton (Norwich)
Irons: MP18 mb Mod105S
Driver: PingG LST 9º Tour 80

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

LOL - I actually did ask about that, but there are certain reasons they don't like doing both at the same time. It's a bit too debilitating. Let's not get any more specific than that.
Author Information

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010