Mizuno Golf Forums
http://mizunoforum.com/

How did you do?
http://mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1564
Page 671 of 687

Author:  DCB [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

Well played Jonesy, it's obviously all the coaching I gave you at Craigielaw that's making the difference this year ;)

Author:  GraemeJones [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

DCB wrote:

Well played Jonesy, it's obviously all the coaching I gave you at Craigielaw that's making the difference this year ;)

I remember everything you said pal 

Jonesy

Author:  GraemeJones [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

Not so good today started off bad, when I got to the club opened my locker and the clubs were nowhere to be seen........



You put them in the garage at home on Wednesday you plant pot Jonesy 

So home i went to get clubs turned up late on the tee rushed too much doubled the first and never recovered apart from back to back birdies to get from +4 to +2 then the rain came down and had 3 bogeys on the bounce and finished +6 for a nett +2 i really wanted to be a 3 handicapper but it wasnt meant to be.

Jonesy

Author:  Celtic_Bil [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

GraemeJones wrote:

Not so good today started off bad, when I got to the club opened my locker and the clubs were nowhere to be seen........



You put them in the garage at home on Wednesday you plant pot Jonesy 

So home i went to get clubs turned up late on the tee rushed too much doubled the first and never recovered apart from back to back birdies to get from +4 to +2 then the rain came down and had 3 bogeys on the bounce and finished +6 for a nett +2 i really wanted to be a 3 handicapper but it wasnt meant to be.

Jonesy


Just keep doing whatever you've been doing mate and you'll be 3 handicap before long.

You'll probably be off scratch come forum day, under Zombie's new 'defending champion, best current form, won enough this year already' handicap system!  :)

Author:  zombie [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

Celtic_Bil wrote:

GraemeJones wrote:

Not so good today started off bad, when I got to the club opened my locker and the clubs were nowhere to be seen........



You put them in the garage at home on Wednesday you plant pot Jonesy 

So home i went to get clubs turned up late on the tee rushed too much doubled the first and never recovered apart from back to back birdies to get from +4 to +2 then the rain came down and had 3 bogeys on the bounce and finished +6 for a nett +2 i really wanted to be a 3 handicapper but it wasnt meant to be.

Jonesy


Just keep doing whatever you've been doing mate and you'll be 3 handicap before long.

You'll probably be off scratch come forum day, under Zombie's new 'defending champion, best current form, won enough this year already' handicap system!  :)


Hex

Author:  GraemeJones [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

HEX


I think I've changed my mind about the forum day

Jonesy

Author:  zombie [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

So you're not bringing your better half now?! 

Author:  PaulBoy [ Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

Quiet week for me! - Played Crowborough Beacon GC in Sussex on Tuesday in a Senior Team event - All of us were pretty decent tee to green but none of us (including a club member) could hole a putt & missed several short ones - Finished 7th & out of the prizes ...
Wednesday I had a round at Guildford with "the guvnor" i.e. MPX - We've been trying to arrange this game since we played together in the 2016 Forum Day at Bearwood - Anyway it was well worth the wait & we had a very enjoyable round in pleasant sunshine ...
Yesterday there was an Open event on at Guildford so we took advantage of a courtesy round at Effingham GC - Another cracking day weather-wise & a very pleasant fourball - Highlight of the round was my driver / 3 wood / putt on the Par 5 1st (which was our 10th) - Probably the best I have driven the ball for several months with only one missed fairway - Sadly the putter was stone cold & I shot 2 over handicap - We also lost the match to the last putt on the last green ...
Paul

Author:  Halebopp [ Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

I haven't posted here in quite a while.

After over a week away from the game due to terrible weather, we got out today. I had little to no expectations for the round considering my recent bad form, the break, chilly weather and 3 layers of clothes on.

Well, 36 points, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and two no scores. There was about 7 good birdie chances, I didn't hit a single bad putt but 2 weren't the best and the other 5 simply wouldn't fall. Too much or too little break. The only par 3 where I missed the green I hit the pin with the chip shot but even that one wouldn't drop. :D

The first hole was a no score as I hooked my drive OB and didn't really see where my second one went, I knew I pushed it to the right but we couldn't find it. After that it was mostly pars outside of a short bogey train on 8-10. Then on 13th I hit a good tee shot but we simply couldn't find the ball, it was most certainly embedded somewhere on the fairway. After that I finished the round with five straight pars.

Oh and I almost made a HIO on the second hole, it was very close flying past the pin and only inches away when it rolled back down the slope. No dice today, though.

I have nothing scheduled for tomorrow so I might need to go play again despite the rain. :D

Here's a pic of the 11th, 12th and bits of the 13th hole: (and here's alink to a slightly bigger image)

Image

Author:  zombie [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How did you do?

That looks amazing Halebopp! 

Page 671 of 687 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/