MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1 ... 656, 657, 658, 659, 660  Next

Re: How did you do?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Posted by hursty

Bonobobananas wrote:

Quality round today almost had the full set. Quintuple bogey, quad, treble, double, single, par, birdie. Just missed eagle and  only one shot penalty for hitting my bag stopped the sextuple bogey :lol: 3 birdies and three nines on the card for a net 82. 

Love golf :D

lol, at least you can laugh about it mate
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 850 16° - Aldila NVS X
Mizuno JPX 850 19° - PX Black 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4i-PW - C Taper Lite S
Mizuno MPT-5 50/54/58 - C Taper Lite X
Odyssey Versa Works #9
Author Information

HCP: 8.4
Local club/country: No Fixed Abode
Irons: JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, MPT-5 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 Stiff, JPX 850 16 & 19 deg, Odyssey #9

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Posted by Halebopp

Our club has free group lessons for members, I had a chance to attend on Wednesday for two lessons and no one else signed up. I had two private lessons with the pro. We spent the first hour completely rebuilding my wedge shots from 50-75 yards and the second hour on my full swing. During the previous lesson we had worked on making my lower body more quiet, what I had managed to do was make it dead silent. :D Thus we spent the time getting the lower body working again and in proper directions.

We went out on Thursday and while trying to incorporate the new swings I shot an easy 82 with two balls OB. I got out again yesterday after a visit to the range on Friday. Played some of the most easy-feeling golf I can remember for 12 holes, the birdie putts just wouldn't drop. Then I failed to finish three out of the next four holes. :D The three holes I did manage to finish were +1.

I'm looking forward to the next round, maybe then the new swing ideas will last me through the whole round. If not, more range time is needed but I already know the direction is right. Breaking 80 shouldn't be far away. :)
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 W: MP-650,15&18 Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
Wedges: MP-T4, 52&58, DG Wedge
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 10.1
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 am

Posted by Kgrove

Several weeks ago I set out to make a major swing change (steepening my swing plane from ultra flat to "normal") and my scores have been very erratic. I knew I'd have to get worse before I could get better, so the erratic scoring wasn't surprising, but its still frustrating to endure. Up to now, I've nailed the "getting worse" part of that equation, but hadn't seen much more than the occasional few great shots on the driving range to be encouraged about (I have to admit I've cursed my swing coach's name quite a few times). My scores have ranged all the way from 82 to 98, so all over the board.

So today--- 74. That's 8 strokes better than my previous record. Hopefully today was a sign I've made the right swing changes. What's really encouraging is the 74 included missing four or five additional birdie putts of less than five feet and included 86% fairways hit and 78% GIR, so it was mostly driven by the areas of the game using my new swing, not putting.  I had 34 total putts, which while a little better than my normal (and horrible) putting average of 38, my 74 was was clearly not driven by a freak performance in unrelated parts of the game. 

I'm sure I'll have more bad rounds while my new swing gets established in muscle memory. I'll probably go back for another lesson in a week or so to make sure the new swing changes were correct and make any minor tweaks before they get too hard to fix. Maybe by the end of summer I actually have a correct and sustainable swing.
Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: USA
Irons: MP-5 4-PW KBS Tour 90
Driver: Taylormade R7 425

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 am

Posted by Halebopp

Kgrove wrote:

Several weeks ago I set out to make a major swing change (steepening my swing plane from ultra flat to "normal") and my scores have been very erratic. I knew I'd have to get worse before I could get better, so the erratic scoring wasn't surprising, but its still frustrating to endure. Up to now, I've nailed the "getting worse" part of that equation, but hadn't seen much more than the occasional few great shots on the driving range to be encouraged about (I have to admit I've cursed my swing coach's name quite a few times). My scores have ranged all the way from 82 to 98, so all over the board.

So today--- 74. That's 8 strokes better than my previous record. Hopefully today was a sign I've made the right swing changes. What's really encouraging is the 74 included missing four or five additional birdie putts of less than five feet and included 86% fairways hit and 78% GIR, so it was mostly driven by the areas of the game using my new swing, not putting.  I had 34 total putts, which while a little better than my normal (and horrible) putting average of 38, my 74 was was clearly not driven by a freak performance in unrelated parts of the game. 

I'm sure I'll have more bad rounds while my new swing gets established in muscle memory. I'll probably go back for another lesson in a week or so to make sure the new swing changes were correct and make any minor tweaks before they get too hard to fix. Maybe by the end of summer I actually have a correct and sustainable swing.

Good congratulations on a great round! Lessons with a pro and life afterwards can be painful but usually rewarding in the long run.
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 W: MP-650,15&18 Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
Wedges: MP-T4, 52&58, DG Wedge
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 10.1
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Posted by db.

Gross 73 (+2) in roll-up yesterday for 40 points (20/20). Started with a drive into the roots of a tree, resulting in a penalty drop. Also hit one OOB on 4th, took d.bogey 6. Birdied 3 and 9 to turn in +1.

Bogies on 10 & 13, birdie on 12, also shot +1 on back 9.

74 Sat/73 Sun are the best 2 rounds I have put together in the same weekend for some time.
If God played golf he'd play Mizuno irons
Author Information

HCP: 6
Local club/country: UK
Irons: Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver: Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Posted by Kgrove

"Good congratulations on a great round! Lessons with a pro and life afterwards can be painful but usually rewarding in the long run."
I'll feel mighty stupid for not seeking help much earlier if this turns out to be more than just a freak statistical glitch.

In fairness, I always knew a lesson would help, but I also knew I would get worse before I got better and it would take a good deal of practice and work to actually improve. The last couple years have been the first time since I was in college that I've been able to play more than maybe twice a year. If I had tried to fix my swing back then, it may not have been successful. Hopefully this time it was (or will be... probably not done yet).
Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: USA
Irons: MP-5 4-PW KBS Tour 90
Driver: Taylormade R7 425

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Posted by RobB2

Played 12 holes Saturday evening after some O/T and shot a gross +2.Didn't play in the stableford sunday due to more O/T.Played 11 holes this afternoon and shot a +3 gross.game isn't far away from winning something.If i can get to play in another comp that is?
Author Information

HCP: 8.5
Local club/country: http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons: MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM TP R9 3 wood 13 deg Matrix HD6 Stiff,Mizuno MPH5 2 iron PX 6.0 .Ping Cadence Anser W putter 34"
Driver: Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff(Currently not in bag)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Posted by hursty

RobB2 wrote:

Played 12 holes Saturday evening after some O/T and shot a gross +2.Didn't play in the stableford sunday due to more O/T.Played 11 holes this afternoon and shot a +3 gross.game isn't far away from winning something.If i can get to play in another comp that is?

We need to try and sort out a West Midlands Forum meet Rob, was talking about it last Friday at Brattz place.
Mizuno JPX 900 - Speeder 757 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 850 16° - Aldila NVS X
Mizuno JPX 850 19° - PX Black 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4i-PW - C Taper Lite S
Mizuno MPT-5 50/54/58 - C Taper Lite X
Odyssey Versa Works #9
Author Information

HCP: 8.4
Local club/country: No Fixed Abode
Irons: JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, MPT-5 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Driver: JPX 900 Driver - 757 Stiff, JPX 850 16 & 19 deg, Odyssey #9

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Posted by RobB2

hursty wrote:

RobB2 wrote:

We need to try and sort out a West Midlands Forum meet Rob, was talking about it last Friday at Brattz place.

Great idea
Author Information

HCP: 8.5
Local club/country: http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons: MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM TP R9 3 wood 13 deg Matrix HD6 Stiff,Mizuno MPH5 2 iron PX 6.0 .Ping Cadence Anser W putter 34"
Driver: Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff(Currently not in bag)

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Posted by zombie

I joined the company golf club this year and played my second event last night. 

A wee course up the road from me with no lady members (yet) and poinent memories of hosting The Open. Stuffy old fart place but oh my goodness, what a golf course. Immaculate, sculpted and brutal rough. 

It was like Craigielaw’s rich big brother but funnily enough I found it easier to play. Off the medal tees (not the championship ones!) I scored 91 (net 75) with only one ball lost to the tough rough. 

Maybe when I get ancient and win the lottery I may join Muirfield but right now I'll happily live with cracking memories from yesterday. 
Ping G SF Tec driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 3 wood
Titleist AP1 3i to PW
Mizuno MP-R12 50
Mizuno MP-R12 56
Cleveland CG15 62
Scotty Cameron Newport M1
Author Information

HCP: 15.5
Local club/country: Craigielaw - East Lothian

Go to page Previous  1 ... 656, 657, 658, 659, 660  Next

Jump to