MIZUNO

Re: U.S. Open at Erin Hills

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Posted by Varry Hardon

Bonobobananas wrote:

Varry Hardon wrote:

You can watch if for free on the official site.

Had it on earlier.

Hardly any advert breaks.

Last year I tested my Sky NowTV box by purchasing the US Open for the Sunday.
Adverts were excessive and completely over the top.

Do you need a vpn for that though?

No, works in UK, and quality is good. Much better than the illegal streaming services.
"When I do a bad shot, I blame myself. When I do a good shot, the club gets all the credit" - me.
Fire in the belly, space between the ears.
Author Information

HCP: 12
Local club/country: Dukinfield
Irons: MP-4s, T7 wedges
Driver: 915D3 in junior ladies flex

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Justin Thomas just shot 63 to take the lead. Many of my friends in Louisville, Kentucky, where I grew up, know him well. His father was the pro at Harmony Landing Country Club, where I played a few times as a kid and through college, but his father came along long after I left town. (A coincidence? Hmmm...)

Needless to say, my friends are probably celebrating right now and hoping Justin will hold on to win tomorrow.

Ricky Fowler still seems to be hitting the ball close. I'd still like to see him win it.
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver: JPX-900

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Posted by Halebopp

This could be a brilliant Sunday finish but why oh why is the tournament scheduled to finish at around 4 am (my time)? :D

I'm refereeing a 2nd tier junior tournament tomorrow and I need to leave for the course before 7 am. I might need to take a nap in the buggy somewhere in the back nine when I head out to inspect the course. It should give me good three hours of sleep before the first groups reach me. :D
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Halebopp wrote:

This could be a brilliant Sunday finish but why oh why is the tournament scheduled to finish at around 4 am (my time)? :D

I'm refereeing a 2nd tier junior tournament tomorrow and I need to leave for the course before 7 am. I might need to take a nap in the buggy somewhere in the back nine when I head out to inspect the course. It should give me good three hours of sleep before the first groups reach me. :D

I get up at 3-4 AM to watch the Open in July... Turn about fair play. Be happy the U.S. Open is not in California this year or you would have to record it and watch it on the History Channel. ;-)

All the same, one of the oddities I always wonder about it why the U.S. Open is scheduled to end on Father's Day every year. I guess it increases tv viewership with our so called subservient wives allowing us to do what we want one day a year and watch it on tv. (yeah - right...)

Inquiring minds want to know. So do stupid people like me.
Author Information

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Posted by MPX

This from WRX if you hadn't seen it.
Attachments
  • IMG_5388.JPG
    IMG_5388.JPG [ 129.81 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]
Author Information
Mizuno staff  

HCP: 12
Local club/country: UK
Irons: MP-H5 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), R-Series wedges (52/56)
Driver: JPX EZ 10.5 driver, JPX EZ 3 & 5 wood.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Posted by Halebopp

DennisMiller wrote:

Halebopp wrote:

I get up at 3-4 AM to watch the Open in July... Turn about fair play. Be happy the U.S. Open is not in California this year or you would have to record it and watch it on the History Channel. ;-)

All the same, one of the oddities I always wonder about it why the U.S. Open is scheduled to end on Father's Day every year. I guess it increases tv viewership with our so called subservient wives allowing us to do what we want one day a year and watch it on tv. (yeah - right...)

Inquiring minds want to know. So do stupid people like me.

You also have the Masters and the PGA. :D

This weekend actually sucks because there are too many events. The U.S. Open, the Le Mans 24 hours race and a massive over-night orienteering event over here in Finland. I'd like to stay up at night and follow three different once-a-year events but it's not possible to follow them all and something has to give.

The Jukola Relay has closer to 20 000 participants from 20 countries and it has been organized every year since 1949 so it's kind of a big sporting event. No one on the forum has probably even heard about it though. :)

Our Father's Day is in late October or early November - nothing on TV then. :D
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 am

Posted by DennisMiller

Fortunately, my timing worked out today. My alma mater, University of Louisville, was playing in the College World Series this afternoon. They won their game against Texas A&M and it was over early enough to only miss a few holes of the U.S. Open.

I was rooting for Justin Thomas, but Brooks Koepka really put on a show.
Author Information

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010