MIZUNO

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Is Tiger now finished?

Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

LOS wrote:

I haven't been paying much attention to this saga but one thing that has stood out out, for me. is the lack of appearance and comment by Mark Steinberg who I expected to show up in Florida ASAP and handle the whole affair for Tiger. Has there been some form of disagreement?

I hadn't thought of that and you're right. He's conspicuous by his absence.

Lots of the tour pros have defended Tiger, or at the least wished him better health and a speedy return to competition, but any comment from Tiger's entourage has been slow in coming forward.
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-EZ Forged
Driver: JPX-900

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 pm

Posted by OhBoy!

I find it shocking that the police have seen fit to release footage of Woods within the police compound. He's clearly confused and in no position to communicate. Let's hope he seeks help.
Author Information

HCP: 7.8 or 8.0
Local club/country: Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons: I ❤️ my MP 53's; T7 50/56/60 deg.; Odyssey White Ice #7 (Al insert)
Driver: JPX 900. JPX EZ 2016 15, 19 & 22 deg.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Posted by slash

No forks available, looks done.

Author Information

HCP: ear2ear
Local club/country: Canada
Irons: MP64 & MP R
Driver: ™ SuperTri v2

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

OhBoy! wrote:

I find it shocking that the police have seen fit to release footage of Woods within the police compound. He's clearly confused and in no position to communicate. Let's hope he seeks help.

I don't know what the normal procedure for that is elsewhere, but it's becoming pretty common in the U.S. to show the dash camera or the camera footage from what is worn by many law officers.

I don't know that it's always shown, but I think it has more to do with how important it is to be seen, either by an angry mob who might defend a genuinely guilty individual or by other police officers to perpetually warn them about not letting their emotions get away from them.

In Tiger's case, and I hate to say this, I have to guess it's being shown just because it's news. I don't think they would show me on camera if I did the exact same thing.
Author Information

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Posted by slash

DennisMiller wrote:

OhBoy! wrote:

I don't know what the normal procedure for that is elsewhere, but it's becoming pretty common in the U.S. to show the dash camera or the camera footage from what is worn by many law officers.

I don't know that it's always shown, but I think it has more to do with how important it is to be seen, either by an angry mob who might defend a genuinely guilty individual or by other police officers to perpetually warn them about not letting their emotions get away from them.

In Tiger's case, and I hate to say this, I have to guess it's being shown just because it's news. I don't think they would show me on camera if I did the exact same thing.

Oh, come on Dennis, you know you are special and could get yourself on TV if you really focused.

Florida DUI stats...

Drunk Driving fatalities with .08 BAC or higher

797 dead, representing 27% of all total traffic deaths, a 14.8% increase from last year 2015

DUI arrests: 31,783

I am surprised FL doesn't have a DUI channel, 24 hours of drunks, it is a growth industry along with people killing others senselessly with guns using real bullets and of course the certainly popular Trump channel specializing in streaming BS.
Author Information

HCP: ear2ear
Local club/country: Canada
Irons: MP64 & MP R
Driver: ™ SuperTri v2

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Last night, Tiger made a statement that he is now receiving "professional help" to manage all the pain management drugs he is taking... WHAT?

Isn't the doctor who prescribed all those drugs supposed to do that?

How could he have considered playing in the Masters until the last minute if he had to be on drugs to manage pain? How could he remotely consider returning to competitive golf if he needs strong drugs to achieve some feeling of normal.

Take the media with how ever many grains of salt you care to, but this just sounds like it goes from bad to worse.
Author Information

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 am

Posted by Brattz

Tiger obviously has an overwhelming addictive personality disorder.

first he had golf,
then he had kids,
then he had pawn stars,
then he had working out,
now he has prescription drugs
Titleist 915d3 10.5° - Diamana Blue S+ 60g
Titleist 915fd 15.0° - Diamana Blue S+ 70g
Mizuno MP-H4 3i - DG S300
Mizuno MP-25 4-PW - DG S300
Cleveland 588 RTX2.0 Forged 50°/10°,54°/10°,58°/10°
Cleveland SmartSq FBCSM 35"
Srixon Z-Star XV
Author Information

HCP: 6.5
Local club/country: Beeston Fields, England www.beestonfields.co.uk
Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-PW
Driver: Titleist 915 D3 - Diamana S+ Blue 60S

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

If you read Hank Haney's book, not that I admire him much either, he talks about Tiger being obsessed with the Navy SEALs and supposedly thought about quitting golf to join the Navy if it could be arranged that he could apply for SEAL training.

He hints at other obsessions too.

There's something to be admired about people who take on everything in life with such passion, but there has to be a mental management and a little bit of ability to channel some normalcy into the equation. I get the impression Tiger lacks that ability to balance. His target is the only thing in life.

All the same, if he can be distracted by something like the SEAL program, I wonder if he can return to the level of golf he once played because anything could come along that distracts him again. Given his current golfing abilities, it might induce him to retire and pursue a different path.
Author Information

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to

Copyright Mizuno 2010