MIZUNO

What do you think about PGA Tour season 2017?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:20 am

Posted by robet

What do you think about PGA Tour season 2017?
Author Information

Local club/country: indonesia, http://baligolfcourses.com/
Irons: Taylor Made Ghost Spider S Putter, TP 11
Driver: Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5#, Callaway FT 3W

Re: What do you think about PGA Tour season 2017?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Posted by OhBoy!

Not much.
Author Information

HCP: 7.7
Local club/country: Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons: MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver: JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Posted by RobB2

Me neither.They make it too easy.Especially early season .Look at the stats for the 2 events in Hawaii.Driving it miles ,massive greens etc
Author Information

HCP: 8.2
Local club/country: http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons: MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .Ping Cadence Anser W putter 34"
Driver: Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Every January, my thoughts turn to the Masters and I start to get excited about the upcoming season.

I watch a LOT of the Golf Channel, much of it the talk shows. What they are saying that has me thinking I'll really enjoy this coming season is, there are sooooooo many guys capable of winning.

There are so many background stories going on. Some stars are coming back, like Tiger, while some others are injured and I wonder when they will return, like Rory or Phil. There is a lot of interest in whether Jordan Spieth will retun to the top or be our frustrated hero again this year. Will Dustin Johnson return to play as well as last year and be the star so many thought he would be? Will the Nike players maintain their games with the new equipment they have chosen? Will Taylor made be sold?

All this, and tons more, will be the questions to be answered in coming weeks. And this doesn't even touch on the potential for the LPGA Tour this year with a Solheim Cup thrown into the mix.

Yeah, I'm excited to see the new season start...
I've had a good day if I didn't fall out of the cart...
Author Information

HCP: Old Age
Local club/country: Public Courses
Irons: JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver: JPX-900

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:26 am

Posted by Wizzle

It all kicks off this week for me - Torrey Pines is a proper golf course, then Pebble Beach in a couple of weeks.
TaylorMade R11s 9° Project X-7C3 73g 6.0 Tip Stiff / Rescue 11 TP 21° Aldila RIP 85g
Mizuno MP650 13.5° Project X 6.0
Mizuno MP63 4i-PW Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP-T5 50°/54°/60° Project X 6.0
Odyssey #7 Works Tank
Srixon Z-Star
Author Information

HCP: 11
Local club/country: http://parkstonegolfclub.com/
Irons: MP63 4-PW Project X 6.5 - MPT5 Black 50/54/60
Driver: Driver TM R11s Projext X 6 Tip Stiff / 3W Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 14.5

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Posted by DGMP

The Hawaiian islands courses are designed to be played with windy conditions. When the wind is down so is the defense of the course.
The So Cal desert courses offer the purest putting greens the players face all year, so scores are traditionally low there.
La Jolla's Torrey Pines complex of two courses is a very challenging test of golf. Long yardage  holes on flat terrain so Tour players hit longer clubs into the Torrey greens than they do at just about any other Tour stop.John Rohm put on a great show yesterday, shooting 65 to dominate the field.
JPX EZ driver Graphite Design Tour AD 6 shaft
EZ 3 and 5 fairway metals GD Tour AD DJ 7 shaft
MP 63 model 3-PW irons with DG S300 shafts
MP T-5 52* and 58* lofts with DG shafts
Byron Morgan DH89 putter
Author Information

HCP: 2
Local club/country: United States
Irons: MP63 3-PW
Driver: JPX-EZ

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:22 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

DGMP wrote:

The Hawaiian islands courses are designed to be played with windy conditions. When the wind is down so is the defense of the course.
The So Cal desert courses offer the purest putting greens the players face all year, so scores are traditionally low there.
La Jolla's Torrey Pines complex of two courses is a very challenging test of golf. Long yardage  holes on flat terrain so Tour players hit longer clubs into the Torrey greens than they do at just about any other Tour stop.John Rohm put on a great show yesterday, shooting 65 to dominate the field.

Agreed. There are some courses on the Florida coast that are designed to take advantage of high winds as a hazard during part of the year. They are well designed to be played shorter yardage when the winds are up and longer yardages when it's calm.
Author Information

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Posted by Halebopp

Not much in it for me either. I do follow it all the way up to the Masters but then our golf season starts around that time and I get my golf fix by playing or practicing.

I do watch The Players, the majors, Olympics, Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup and some ET events when I'm not playing but the PGA season almost ends with the Masters for me.
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4
Driver: MP-650

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Posted by DennisMiller

Halebopp wrote:

Not much in it for me either. I do follow it all the way up to the Masters but then our golf season starts around that time and I get my golf fix by playing or practicing.

Interesting... Since I could theoretically play every day of the year, I never thought of watching golf as something seasonal. Also, there are two other things relative to this.I'm retired, so when I get up in the morning, the Euro Tour is on and I watch that and later on when a tournament from the PGA or LPGA Tour comes on, I'm home to watch that. Lastly, I play golf on weekdays, so I watch a lot more on weekends than when I was working and the weekend was my time off. Then I would cram playing in the morning and watching in the afternoon into as much awake time as I could find.
Author Information

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:53 am

Posted by Halebopp

DennisMiller wrote:

Halebopp wrote:

Interesting... Since I could theoretically play every day of the year, I never thought of watching golf as something seasonal. Also, there are two other things relative to this.I'm retired, so when I get up in the morning, the Euro Tour is on and I watch that and later on when a tournament from the PGA or LPGA Tour comes on, I'm home to watch that. Lastly, I play golf on weekdays, so I watch a lot more on weekends than when I was working and the weekend was my time off. Then I would cram playing in the morning and watching in the afternoon into as much awake time as I could find.

I do think I'd watch more golf if I ordered the channels that broadcast them but then I'd have to pay separately for a package with the PGA and another package with the ET. Thus I'm sticking with Sky Sports streams online and the picture quality in them isn't really top notch, limiting the enjoyment of watching golf. On the other hand I enjoy the Sky broadcasts I wouldn't get over here (just the leaderboard every time there's a commercial break in the US) whereas Sky jumps back to the studio.
Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Driver: MP-650, 9.5, Orochi Red S
3&5 Wood: MP-650, Orochi Red S
3 Iron: MP-H5, KBS Tour S
4-PW: MP-4, KBS Tour S
50*: MP-T5, DG Wedge
55* & 59: W/S FG Tour PMP, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C01H, BC4
Author Information

HCP: 9.5
Local club/country: Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons: MP-H5/4