Wrong shafts fitted

Doc

HCP
Local club/country
Elmper Wald GC / Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP-18 SC / 5-PW / S18 52/09 & 58/08
I had a Mizuno club fitting at Elmpter Wald Golf Club on 21st October. Results on the swing DNA system gave an average club head speed of 76 mph, and 7-6-6-7 for the rest. I was given 3 different shafts to try and the lighter Nippon N.S. PRO 950 GH stiff shaft felt great with the MP-18 SC heads. So I ordered the MP-18 SC from the 5 iron down to pitching wedge, and added 58° and 52° wedges with the same shaft option. I also went for the CLK Hybrids in 22° and 25° fitted with Speeder Evolution 75 regular flex shafts as long iron replacements – I hit them really well, so much easier to hit than a long iron, although my long irons were always pretty good. I’m waiting until February for the new ST180 Driver and ST180 Fairway 3 Wood to complete the set.Today the clubs arrived and the CLKs are perfect. Unfortunately, the irons and wedges came with regular shafts instead of the stiff shafts that I tried during the fitting. Now I have to wait and see what happens. The wedges were even stamped with my name. Luckily, I haven’t paid yet – just have to wait a little longer for irons with the right shafts. At least it wasn’t the club Pro that made the mistake.

Doc

HCP
Local club/country
Elmper Wald GC / Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP-18 SC / 5-PW / S18 52/09 & 58/08
Hi,
It was a genuine mistake by the Mizuno rep when the order was placed. Mizuno are replacing the shafts, so I should be on the course with my new clubs soon. Great support from Mizuno rep and especially my club PGA Pro to correct the mistake. 
I tried the stiff and regular shafts with the demo kit, and the stiff shaft is definitely the right one. Surprisingly, this shaft was lower down on the recommended shaft list, but the actual feel and ball flight are spot on with this shaft. Thanks to all at Mizuno for the support.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Doc said:
Hi,
It was a genuine mistake by the Mizuno rep when the order was placed. Mizuno are replacing the shafts, so I should be on the course with my new clubs soon. Great support from Mizuno rep and especially my club PGA Pro to correct the mistake. 
I tried the stiff and regular shafts with the demo kit, and the stiff shaft is definitely the right one. Surprisingly, this shaft was lower down on the recommended shaft list, but the actual feel and ball flight are spot on with this shaft. Thanks to all at Mizuno for the support.
Only just seen this post Doc, welcome to the forum :)

How are you getting on with the new bats? IMHO you've done the right thing by going with what you felt best and not necessarily what was recommended.

Happy Golfing.

Top Bottom