Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I'm not sure whether or not all scores should be posted but to me it would seem slightly odd that only competition or pre-registered extra day scores would count in a system that uses the best 8 out of the last 20 and uses a daily scratch score/CBA adjustments. I doubt the system would get enough scores on a daily basis to provide any statistically valid adjustments.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Halebopp said:
I'm not sure whether or not all scores should be posted but to me it would seem slightly odd that only competition or pre-registered extra day scores would count in a system that uses the best 8 out of the last 20 and uses a daily scratch score/CBA adjustments. I doubt the system would get enough scores on a daily basis to provide any statistically valid adjustments.
Isn't the slope rating hcp system pretty much the same?And it also states it would use existing data from previously recorded hcp information.I think it suggests that the scratch score can be adjusted on a daily basis  due to weather etc.It's not suggesting it be adjusted based on scores everyday.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
RobB2 said:
Halebopp said:
Isn't the slope rating hcp system pretty much the same?And it also states it would use existing data from previously recorded hcp information.I think it suggests that the scratch score can be adjusted on a daily basis  due to weather etc.It's not suggesting it be adjusted based on scores everyday.
I can't see how the system would base the adjustments on weather, it would get too complex in my opinion. It has to be based on that day's scores compared to expected scores based on previously gathered and calculated data. And if you get 5 or 10 scores on a given day, I doubt it's enough to draw any conclusions one way or the other. 

The prevailing weather conditions are considered in the course rating and slope calculations.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
It simply states
A calculation that considers the impact that abnormal course and weather conditions might have on a player’s performance each day 

Personally I am not too bothered about it.At the moment a computer works out my hcp for me.
With this system it will be done for me also.End of the day nothing changed ,except for the way it will be  calculated.

IN 2 ******years time

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
****** hell .Why did I bother reading this post in the first place

Top Bottom