jkjaberg

HCP
Local club/country
Largo Municipal
Irons
MP 32 2-PW MP-T4 52 MP-T4 56
Driver
MP 001 10 R
Have played golf since teen ager (55+ years). First 35 years (including 3 years on my college golf team) with the same irons - early 60's vintage set of McGregor Tourneys. Was told I needed to get a more modern design but none ever felt as good as my Tourneys. Until I came across a set of Mizuno Trues. Played nothing but Mizuno's since. MP 14, MP 29, MP 33, and currently MP 32's with Project X 5.5 shafts, lie adjusted to 2 degrees up. Lost a lot of distance over years but I've always concluded that the accuracy and feel I get with forged blades adds more enjoyment to playing than distance. Since I turned 70 several months ago I've been rethinking. If I could find clubs that preserve the accuracy, look and feel of my 32's but maintain a little edge in distance I might be tempted. Seriously looking at MP H5, MP 15, or JPX 900 Tour. I need a 3 iron -  never been able to hit a hybrid.  Any experiences or suggestions?

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
So , next week will be 8 years a member .
I must say being a lefty it's been a love hate relationship ,especially when we leftys were down to two sets of irons and nothing else . There were quite a few lively discussions with MPX,deemac and myself . BUT I always had at least something mizzy in the bag. The powers finally saw the light and now offer a pretty good range for leftys, well, better than previous.
Now ,when the JPX ez driver arrives I will have 
aerolite bag,plenty of flying bird polo tops,belt, matching blue and white footjoys as well as mizzy irons and wedge and driver of course.
At 74 I still walk 18 at least twice a week ,can still hit the driver over 200 metres (180 carry) and 7 iron 130 metres.
I now look for consistency and to keep the ball on the fairway with my driver and achieve a nice straight flight with the irons.
On long par fours I aim to be just short of the green and chip to within 2 metres. I enjoy playing out of bunkers and get up and down 60% . My major flaw is trying to overhit ,especially with the metals .
I sometimes have a quiet laugh when playing young bucks when on say a 120 metre par 3  I land on the green and they ask what I used and I tell them an 8 and they proceed to tell me they  only need to use a pw . Not only am I giving them 50 years my 8 is almost equivalent to their flash new pw loft wise. . I used to try and explain about lofts but now I just say wow.
I love my mp60's but would like to get one more set of mizzy irons that are as light ( well balanced) and smooth before I am too old to really enjoy them .
I played with a fellow vet two weeks ago ,a young chap in his 60's and he was playing all Mizuno including mp68s
even though his handicap was 23. He said that he knows he should be using GI clubs but he just loves the feeling of the 68s. That's how I feel.
Finally this post makes 400 . Bit of a turtle slow but hanging in there
Terry

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
DennisMiller said:
Terry said:
At 74 I still walk 18 at least twice a week
And having just turned 68, I'm envious as can be. Good for you!
G'Day Dennis,
Hey mate Florida's latitude is almost identical to where I live ,Brisbane.only North so no excuses (carpe diem)
The  weather is perfect 364/365 , the golf is great , cold is less than 23c (73f)
The eye candy is beaut. ,74 is the new middle age .... just don't look in a mirror ha.
Take care mate
Terry

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
This thread always intrigues me.

I feel like my Mizuno experience has done something very strange to my game. I could only describe it as playing with my emotions.

Without going into too many details about having a second set of clubs, they evolved into a very nice set of TM SLDR woods and RSi1 irons. They feel really good and I hit them pretty well. The only way they could be better is if they had the running bird on them.

The friendships I've made with people in this forum, the fun I've had participating and with thanks for so much I've learned, I felt really badly about playing something other than Mizuno clubs.

As of a couple days ago, after receiving replacements for some 850 irons I wasn't comfortable with, (I've returned to the 825 irons), I am now back in the Mizuno fold and as I look across the room at my bag sitting by the front door, I feel really good about it.

I know there are plenty of other good golf clubs out there, but I've never felt the attachment to a brand as I do with my Mizunos. It's weird, but then, some people might say so am I.

Now, can we do something about the fact that this forum sticks a red line under the word Mizuno, as if it's misspelled?

HCP
WX
Local club/country
No Club/USA
Irons
3-PW Taylormade RocketBladez Tour
Driver
Taylormade R1
New here, as of today.  I've been stalking Mizuno irons for quite some time.  Looking to learn a few things.  MP-18's really have my eye right now.  Looking forward to some conversation.  Take care.

- A.S.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Five_and_Three said:
New here, as of today.  I've been stalking Mizuno irons for quite some time.  Looking to learn a few things.  MP-18's really have my eye right now.  Looking forward to some conversation.  Take care.

- A.S.
Welcome to the forum... I think a LOT of people are becoming interested in the new 18 series.

Local club/country
Mass
Irons
MP 67's 3 - W : 52 & 58 MPR-12's
My Mizuno story has changed a little.  Have added to the bag a couple of MP-R 12 wedges.  52* and 58*.  Took a bit to get use to them, might have been the Spinner wedge shafts, but they are rocking the turf and sand now.

Have played Sat & Sun the last 2 weeks trying to get in as much golf as I can and have had some of my best rounds!
88 & 85 to tie my best again.
86 & 82 for my best 9 and total so far!

Might be getting some MP32's for Xmas as I have been a good boy!

HCP
Local club/country
Beeston Fields
Irons
Mizuno JPX850 forged 5-GW
Driver
Ping G
Hi all, 

have finally got round to signing up on here after playing Mizuno irons for a couple of months now. Back in July felt my game was turning the corner after a year or so of struggles and treated my self to a set of JPX 850s with EZ 3w/5w/4h. Since making the purchase played my best ever round of golf and brought my handicap down from 17 to 13. 

Leagals

HCP
Local club/country
Loudoun Gowf Club / Scotland
Irons
Mizuno JPX 800 (6-PW), JPX 50 wedge, JPX 850 3 & 4 Hybrid and 5W, Ping G30 5 hybrid, Taylormade M2 7W, Nike 3W
Hi folks

My father in-law gifted me some really good Mizuno clubs 2 years ago, joined here about the same time and haven't looked back.  Now enjoying my golf every chance i get to play and i always feel confident whenever i pull out the Mizunos.

Greg

Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX 900 Tour
Driver
Nike Vapor Fly
My introduction to Mizuno products was years ago, through baseball equipment. I bought my JPX 900s about a year ago. I also have three of the blue T7 wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degree. When it was time to replace my irons, I chose a smaller local golf shop. 

Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX 900 Tour
Driver
Nike Vapor Fly
My introduction to Mizuno products was years ago, through baseball equipment. I bought my JPX 900s about a year ago. I also have three of the blue T7 wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degree. When it was time to replace my irons, I chose a smaller local golf shop. 

Top Bottom