brnmendes

HCP
Local club/country
Westward Ho / Adelaide
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-PW DGR300
Driver
Titleist 909d2 Voodoo S 9.5
Hi. Im an 8 handicapper who is struggling to some distance. My normal shot is farly straight by high shot and I tend to error in favor of a little fade or a push fade. I currenty use Mizuno MP30s and MP-R Wedges (52 + 56). I am a short hitter as I can only get 120m at most out of my 8 iron. My driver onyl stretches out to 220m. My 52 will only stretch out to 60 metres.
Currently I use DG R300 shafts but is there a better shaft out there for my situation and since I'm going to upgrade what head design my best suit me. I tend to be a bit inconsistent with my longer irons 3-4).
Im 32 years old, short in stature, only measure 170cm and very thin, only weigh 62kg. My shoulders are also very narrow (45cm). I have short thin fingers and my wrist to ground height is 85cm.

Should I be considering even a ladies flex even?

In Adelaide Australia, Mizuno is not very sought after but I love the brand. The only stockist that has it doesn't even have a pro who can help me fit it.

Can anyone give me some pointers. Thanks.

From going to other brands fittings I have been able to determine I have a swing speed of about 90mph. and excessive spin with my driver.
Hope this helps.

Thanking you in advance.

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
I think you need to see a pro who can check the spec of your clubs. Maybe a different type of shaft will work for you, graphite or lighter steel, but if you hit your 8 iron 120m (132 yds), and driver 220m (240yds), I doubt that you would find ladies flex suitable. Or seniors (between ladies and R), for that matter.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Check out this site..it may provide some assistance

http://shaftfit.com/shaftfit/index.html?reset=1#

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Unfortunately there is no shortcut here or wonderful internet shaft fitting questionnaire you can fill in - You need to get dynamically fitted for the correct shaft, preferably on a launch monitor!

Only way to be absolutely sure!!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
A Dynamic Fitting is a great choice - if your golf swing is the same everytime. Otherwise you will need to use every tool at your disposal (A dynamic fitting may be one tool) to get the best for you.

When have you had the lofts / lies checked on your MP-30's. They might be off spec. If they are measured as standard - you might consider having them made 1 or 2 degrees strong. That will help with the ball flight and the distance.. Ask your pro what they think..

Good Luck!

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
I agree with the other posts. I have just used a National Fitting Centre to get my clubs specced out. I underestimated the importance of the shaft. It is probably the most important aspect to get right. My RPM on my ball was circa 6800rpm with a six iron whereas it should be between 5000-5500pm also my launch angle was very low.

I got the Nippon GRH1150 shaft and the RPM reduced to circa 5300 and the launch angle increased to where it should be as well.

My advice - go get fitted by a professional.

Good luck.

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Appreciate your problem in SA If still an issue contact Mizuno Aust and ask for recommended fitter in Adelaide with proper equipment. They will have one even if not stockist.

Top Bottom