HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I just saw some Mizuno S-30V irons for sale. I've never heard of them. It seems to be a Japanese model. Is that right?

I like the looks of the clubhead. What else can someone tell me about them?

Thanks...

Last edited:

LOS

Local club/country
England
Made in 2003

Specs:-
Material: Cavity Wall Design ,V-shaped Sole ,Mid Size Mild Steel .Country of Origin: Made in Japan

sv.jpg
Graphite shafts 1/2" longer.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
All of a sudden there are about a dozen Japanese models for sale on ebay. Some, like the S-30V, don't resemble any Mizuno model I've seen before. Some do.

I know a lot of products sell by different model names in various countries, cars come to mind, but I'm surprised the actual design of something like a golf club would be different to be sold in one place than another.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I like the looks of all those. My first Mizunos were some MX1000 irons. Most of those above have a resemblance to the design of those MX1000s.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Korea has some if its own models too. Very large, but very different market.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Korea has some if its own models too. Very large, but very different market.
I'd love to see those, just for fun. What I'd really love is to get one of the Japanese cart bags. In another thread, I talk about how I would design the perfect bag acording to my desires and some Japanese Mizuno cart bags are the closest I've seen.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Other than I would prefer blue staff colors, that very much like the bags I saw from Japan. i wish they were available in the U.S.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Problem with lots of the bags from Japan - they never seem to have key features everyone needs here.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
That weird because I'm looking at this bag and thinking it has what I need. I'm not sure what the key features you referred to might be, other than 14 full length dividers, which I don't like.

I carry 14 clubs, a warm up device that has a weighted ball on one end, a ball retriever, balls, tees, a rain suit, gloves, an umbrella and I attach a towel to the loop to clean my clubs after a shot. i like having a pocket to stick my keys and wallet in while I'm on the course.

I can't imagine needing more than that. I don't stick my shoes in the bag ever. Since I use jumbo grips, the 9.5" top on my stand bag tends to occasionally get things tangles at the bottom. (I still don't like 14 way dividers)

Top Bottom