What have you bought recently

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Juat bought a ST180 driver . last week when I was over

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Juat bought a ST180 driver . last week when I was over
Hi Stewart,

Congrats on the new driver mate,

Did you have it custom fitted and what specifications i.e., shaft, flex and length etc., did you go with..?

Let us know how you are getting on with It and how its performing

Cheers
John.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Been a naughty boy ..... I was "researching" on a web site at the weekend and noticed a set of JPX 900 Hot Metal irons 5-GW on sale for a very good price with the shaft option I would prefer. A quick message to someone else who already plays this model gave me the answer I wanted to hear ( Its'a all your fault Seanmor). The upshot is a new set of iron for the bag. They are 2nd hand, but in excellent condition with Project X LZ Graphite shafts in Senior flex, the date of manufacture is last September so they haven't been used that much at all. I may regrip them with some extra tape, but, in a wee lunchtime session today they felt very good indeed. I last bought a set of irons ( original JPX EZs) as a "carrot" during my rehab four years ago. Golf was a pipedream that slowly became reality. I really didn't think I'd ever get to the stage where I needed to think about an upgrade again. I think this set will be a "carrot" to help me try to get the scores down again. Hopefully I'll break 85 before the season is out.

Hi David,

Congrats on the new set of irons mate,

Funnily enough you want be the only one laying the blame on me for opting for the JPX 900 HM irons, as one of my playing partners who has just recently had his full set of golf clubs stolen opted to replace them with a set of custom fitted JPX 900 HM irons 4-GW and they are also fitted with Project X LZ Graphite shafts...!

Cheers
John.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Hi David,

Congrats on the new set of irons mate,

Funnily enough you want be the only one laying the blame on me for opting for the JPX 900 HM irons, as one of my playing partners who has just recently had his full set of golf clubs stolen opted to replace them with a set of custom fitted JPX 900 HM irons 4-GW and they are also fitted with Project X LZ Graphite shafts...!

Cheers
John.
Cheers John, Just remember, if they don't work, you'll be getting the blame ;)

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
A Snainton newsletter caught my eye, a great saving on the pro cart bag. Available only in black, but, a lot of bag for the money. New bag for Mrs DCB :)

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
Hi Stewart,

Congrats on the new driver mate,

Did you have it custom fitted and what specifications i.e., shaft, flex and length etc., did you go with..?

Let us know how you are getting on with It and how its performing

Cheers
John.
Hi John.

Got fitted at Silveremere when I was over in may before coming up to the forum day, Fitted , Tensi blue in stiff, D3, std length, the one I bought was a bargain on the bay, £.204.00, its got the Kuro Kaga shaft in stiff, Goes well,
Now Im home I will try it as is with the Kuro kaga ,

I put the Blue Tensi in my MP 650 head, 44" length, boy does that go. .

had also bought a ST180 3 wood, was supposed to collect in argos , the day before I fly back to Norway, got message from PaulBoy, it had been returned to the seller in scotland, no apparenr reason given, got a refund no problem

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Been a naughty boy ..... I was "researching" on a web site at the weekend and noticed a set of JPX 900 Hot Metal irons 5-GW on sale for a very good price with the shaft option I would prefer.
How did you explain the extra set of irons to Mrs DCB?
Not like you can pull the wool over her eyes as a golfer herself.
"Irons have an expiry date, you need to replace them every year or so".

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
There are so many clubs in the garage she'll never notice ?

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Kuro Kage, that is what I got in my ST180 driver.
oing to keep the Kuro kaga Tini shaft in my ST180, its keeping the Tensi blue out, put that in my MP650,

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Bought a GT180 driver today from a PGA Professional & Mizuno Stockest & DNA fitter,

It's brand new a still in its plastic head wrapping comes fitted with the Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core Tini 50 R flex shaft and supplied with its head cover and wrench,

He had advertised it on the Bay at £265 with free delivery or best offer I made an offer of £250 and he accepted, very happy to get it at that price as most places are advertising it at £399 that's a saving of £149.

John :)

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Great as long as the shaft works for you. Even if it does not you can still get a decent shaft for 50 quid so you are still up on the deal. For us plebs the cheap shafts work just fine. I got a new ST 180 in March for £299 with a Tensei Orange. Very hard work at my swing speed of 95. Took an old MP600 with a 65g Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue to the fitters and they are swapping them over

I'm hoping this shaft will work out OK as its specifications are similar to the shaft I use at the moment the Fujikura Speeder 569 Evolution 2 R flex that's in my JPX 900 drive,

But if not I can just switch the shafts over between the two drivers.

John.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
John ... The Kuro Kage is a top shaft & currently in Rory's driver (slightly heavier & stiffer version lol) - As we all know some shafts just don't work for us, but it is easy to swap them over with the Quick Switch fitting - Super bargain driver you got there btw ...
Steve ... What flex is the Tensei Orange your driver came fitted with? - I'm after one in Stiff but they are as rare as rocking horse droppings, even on eBay!
Paul ;)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi Steve ... I won't be shelling out 180 for a shaft, so will keep an eye out for a used one - I'm pretty sure Rory still has a KK shaft in driver & the Tensei Orange in one of his fairway woods, but wouldn't put money on it!
Paul

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
GT 180 Driver update,

My new driver arrived to day from MoreSports.com I must say I’m very impressed with the service I received,
bought it on the 30th July and it was delivered today the 1st August thank you the East Brighton golf shop,

First impressions are good as you would expect it is a Mizuno after all..! Both drivers look very similar at address
Dressed in their iconic Mizuno blue colour it’s not till you examine the sole plate that the differences in the fast track system become apparent offering more adjustment positions for the weights over the JPX 900,

My first outing with it will be on Friday, i’ll Take both drivers with me and as a starting point set up the GT 180 with the same settings that I use in the JPX 900 that should give an idea of differences in performance if any between the two drivers using the two different shafts,

John. :)

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Great stuff John !

Very envious of the price you got it for :)

I am not really into the adjustability thing to be honest but if you can make it work for you then that is what is important.

I have a sneaky feeling that you might tinker for a couple of months and when you find the right settings for you then I believe you should stick with that whatever the conditions.

Again just MVHO.

I had a Prolaunch from my MP600 put into my new ST 180.

My fitter had to take an inch off to make it fit the adaptor and hosel so 44.5 now instead of 45.5

The odd thing is that I am hitting it further and more consistent now.

I notice that some of the pros are going back to 44.5, most notably Ricky Fowler

He is 5 foot 9, same height as me, so perhaps it makes sense to go down that route for us shorter guys in terms of swing plane, angle of attack etc etc

It's a funny old game ! :)
Hi Steve,

I couldn't quite believe the price I got it for myself in fact right up until it was delivered I was a bit wary to say the least...! but its here and I'm very happy,

I suspect I will have to make a few adjustments to it at the start but once I get it set to my liking I'll leave it set
In the meantime I still have the JPX900 and Ill continue to use that in any comps till I get the GT180 set up,

Playing a shorter shaft in my driver is something I've been looking at doing myself probably around 44” long would be about the length I would have went for, but I didn't get the option to specify what length of shaft I wanted when I bought the driver but having said that I do tend to hold the grip about an 1” down from the butt end so I'm probably already playing my driver at 44” for comparison I'm just short of 6ft tall

John :)

46F8541E-1F10-4459-9C86-20B1747D8BFA.jpeg

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Bought a GT180 driver today from a PGA Professional & Mizuno Stockest & DNA fitter,
It's brand new a still in its plastic head wrapping comes fitted with the Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core Tini 50 R flex shaft and supplied with its head cover and wrench,
Sounds good.

Got the same shaft in my ST180 in 60 X flex. Probably best shaft I've used.

These shafts are not cheap.

Wonder if Mizuno is using the "proper" retail shaft, or it is one of those "made for" shafts?

Think the only difference is the "made for" shafts are made in China, instead of Japan, as an example.

Cannot fault mine, so don't really care where it was made.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
I'm so glad you guys are busy buying the new range of drivers ....... it means people are trading in the last model as they upgrade :) I was having a look through a local stores stock at the weekend and came across a JPX900 Driver with an A Flex Fujikura shaft, just my cup of tea :) So, since it was at a ridiculously low price, I thought I'd give it a go. Waiting for delivery now, but, going by the photos it certainly looked to be in good condition.

The blue head may make this a bit more difficult to hide from Mrs DCB, but, I'll take my "Brave" pills and cross that bridge when I come to it.

Taken delivery now and actually wondering if this one has actually been hit .... head is in pristine condition with no scuffs or scrapes at all. Very happy with purchase. Now to see if it works ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

NotOhBoy

Local club/country
Surrey
JPX 919 forged 5-PW.

Some confusion over what is now the new “standard” length of shaft for the 919 (which makes my older shafts look shorter), and the fact that testing is now done on a 7 iron (rather than 6), which makes comparisons with previous fittings somewhat difficult.

Also went for bending to historical weaker lofts, rather than the trendy stronger lofts.

Top Bottom