Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I got some new grips in the mail today. A set of Karma Black Velvet Midsize grips, which cost 2.75€ a piece for a copy of the Lamkin Crossline.

The Multi Compounds on my EZ Forged need to be replaced as those are too small for me (it might be that for the first time I actually have .60 grips on a .60 shaft as opposed to .58 (and ribbed) grips on .60 shafts) and practicing with them gave me a couple of bad blisters.

I didn't want to put anything expensive on the EZs as I intend to use them only until early June at the longest. If these grips work and are still good a year from now, I could put them on other clubs also.

The Lamkin REL Ace 3Gen I had already put on the PW is turning out to be a disappointment. It loses its tackiness just sitting around the house over a couple of weeks. It's good after a scrub but I wonder how quickly it'll wear slippery when actually used.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
DennisMiller said:
Exactly right. This is the version 3. The new version 4 just came out, so it's becoming one of the longer running numbers in the Yamaha line. It sounds a bit thin unplugged, but plugged in, it can stand up to the performance of any of my high priced guitars.
Last week I watched an interesting documentary on Jim Marshall and his Marshall Amplification company.
The "Father of Loud".

You got an electric guitar? Get a 30 foot Marshall stack and plug it in.

No electric? Plug the Yamaha in. Your neighbours will love you.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
ST180 driver arrived this week.

Only the 2nd blue headed club I've owned after my used JPX-900 3 wood off eBay.

Best looking driver I've ever seen. Most I've ever spent on a single club.

Not been on a course since August but hoping to get out next week.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
Odyssey O-works #7 and Cobra King F7 driver. I tried both the ST and the GT, couldn't get on with them (entirely user error). Same for the M3 and 4. A little better with the Epic, much better with the Wilson Staff C300 but then tried the F7, just clicked. The most consistent shaft then came out as the ProjectX HZRDUS 75 stiff. Happy with my purchases.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Fluffywan said:
Odyssey O-works #7 and Cobra King F7 driver. I tried both the ST and the GT, couldn't get on with them (entirely user error). Same for the M3 and 4. A little better with the Epic, much better with the Wilson Staff C300 but then tried the F7, just clicked. The most consistent shaft then came out as the ProjectX HZRDUS 75 stiff. Happy with my purchases.
Did the shafts on any of the other drivers come even close to the 75 grams in weight?

I ended up selling the Tour Stand bag already. :D 

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
Halebopp said:
Fluffywan said:
Did the shafts on any of the other drivers come even close to the 75 grams in weight?

I ended up selling the Tour Stand bag already. :D 
Nope, stock stiff in the Mizzies and TMs. Settings that were adjustable were adjusted I was just sh*t with them. Tried a few different shafts in the C300 and F7. Felt a lot more confident. The F7 felt a little light so the guy doing the fitting swapped in the HZRDUS 75g and happy days. I've taken it out on the course with my old r11 (stiff, fujikora motore, dunno weight, bought it off shelf without fitting) and the ball flight is lower with the K7 but not by much and I reckon the accuracy is better. 

Oli

HCP
Local club/country
Ennetsee, Switzerland
Irons
Mizuno MP53 P-4 / H4 2-3 / T5 56 & 52
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850
Bought a set of MP18 MMC from PW to 4-iron in March 2018 and I am not happy with my performance with them. I think it
is the shaft, which is not ideal, although I got fitted for them. Go back to my old set of Mizunos (MX25 & MP53) and see what happens. Played for about 6 rounds.

So if someone is interested...

- Standard loft, length, lie, grip
- Shaft: Project X LZ 5.5
- PW till iron 4

I am based in Switzerland - PM me @ ofierz@hotmail.com.

@ Admin - please delete this, if it is not allowed. Thanks.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
For the first time in my life I bought a shaft. It's the Fujikura Speeder Pro 74 Tour Spec, S-flex driver shaft with a Titleist adapter.

I was just chatting with our pro shop ownerwhen I saw the shaft leaning against their desk, someone had just swapped shafts and it was laying there and I got it for 50 Euros. I didn't have a chance to try it yet though.

I need to try it on a Titleist head to see if it's as good as the fairway wood shaft seemed to be and if it is, I need to re-shaft the 650 unless I happen to, heaven forbid, like some Titleist head. :D

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Having used my new JPX 900 7 wood for a couple of months, and been very impressed with it,  I hunted down a lightly used 5 wood for a very good price. Changed the grip to my preferred midsize and it's now ready to be tested on Friday afternoon ;)

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I was feeling like a pro the other day as I got a package of clothes for free from our golf union. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything from them this year but I was pleasantly surprised. There were a couple of shirts, a pair of mittens, a cap and a very nice jacket in the package, in Mizuno colours nonetheless. Maybe next year I'll get some pants to go with the outfit so I won't look like Donald Duck out there. :D Too bad I've already done two of the three or four tournaments I had scheduled for this year. :)

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
I was feeling like a pro the other day as I got a package of clothes for free from our golf union. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything from them this year but I was pleasantly surprised. There were a couple of shirts, a pair of mittens, a cap and a very nice jacket in the package, in Mizuno colours nonetheless. Maybe next year I'll get some pants to go with the outfit so I won't look like Donald Duck out there. :D Too bad I've already done two of the three or four tournaments I had scheduled for this year. :)

Gratla, var rules official for Norges golfforbund last year..

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Embarrassed that my kit is now so old. H5 irons have been my favourite ever, so hard so switch. Have an interesting video from Chris Voshall - about changing clubs. Will drop here soon.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
Driver
Hangs head in shame, Odyssey X-act tank. Cannot shake the chipping yips, works fine on range, fine on practice ground, wheels come off in round, even fun rounds like last Mondays.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
Have just bought exo #7 putter
When I was hottest with the putter (admittedly around 3 years ago) it was with the Odyssey #7.

Just put it back in the bag.

Definite improvement in the putting when I went out on Thursday morning.

Bag is currently 100% Mizuno apart from the putter.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
just bought new set of MP 18 blades, 4 -pw , C.taper lites x flex, mcc+4 grips, also JPx 900 hybrid 16 dgr, and set of T7 50,54,& 58 wedges,,,,

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
just bought new set of MP 18 blades, 4 -pw , C.taper lites x flex, mcc+4 grips, also JPx 900 hybrid 16 dgr, and set of T7 50,54,& 58 wedges,,,,
:mad: hope you go out and score the worst round of your life and have your handicap increased to 54.0 in 2019.

You are not bring these to the Southern event are you?

If you are I might break into your hotel room and steal them. I'll replace them with some random Sports Direct Dunlop specials.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I feel ashamed and sad. I sold my 650 fairway woods online and placed an order for a Titleist 917 4 wood at 16.5º, albeit they call it a 3 wood. It's a shame there aren't Mizuno woods in the shops around here. There would've been one demo day some weeks back but I didn't have a chance to attend it.

All the eagles I've made have involved an approach shot with a Mizuno wood, one with F60 (my first-ever Mizuno club) or the 650s.

HCP
Local club/country
Bonnyton
Irons
MP60
Hi all, posting back on here after a few years away - used to post as DrPurpell however set up a new profile as I wasn't able to recover my old details and it seemed easier just to set myself back up under a new name.

Recently came back to the Mizuno fold with a set of MX-25 irons; ashamed to admit I had been playing non-Mizuno clubs for a couple of years but made the decision to come back, nothing feels quite like a Mizuno iron. Happy to be back, good to see a few familiar names still on here.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Been a naughty boy ..... I was "researching" on a web site at the weekend and noticed a set of JPX 900 Hot Metal irons 5-GW on sale for a very good price with the shaft option I would prefer. A quick message to someone else who already plays this model gave me the answer I wanted to hear ( Its'a all your fault Seanmor). The upshot is a new set of iron for the bag. They are 2nd hand, but in excellent condition with Project X LZ Graphite shafts in Senior flex, the date of manufacture is last September so they haven't been used that much at all. I may regrip them with some extra tape, but, in a wee lunchtime session today they felt very good indeed. I last bought a set of irons ( original JPX EZs) as a "carrot" during my rehab four years ago. Golf was a pipedream that slowly became reality. I really didn't think I'd ever get to the stage where I needed to think about an upgrade again. I think this set will be a "carrot" to help me try to get the scores down again. Hopefully I'll break 85 before the season is out.

Top Bottom