Wedges matching MX-200

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Colf Club, copenhagen Denmark
Irons
Callaway x-12
Driver
Callaway
Hi I've finally decided that I will change my old set of Callaway X-12 with a new set of MX-200.
I play at Hcp 24 (avg rounds of 95 or something like that)

All sets are includes the PW but not SW and of course not any other wedges.

How do I choose what wedges I should include?.... I will of course need a SW but probably benefit from a 60 degree too or?
What series should I go for…. At first sight I’m not too fond of the MX wedges.

Thx
Nicolaj

DelB

HCP
Local club/country
Gifford Golf Club
Irons
Mizuno MX200, 3-PW plus 50 & 55 degree MX series wedges
Driver
Ping G10
Hi there.

Mizuno do have matching MX200 wedges. They are avialable in 50 degree, 55 degree and 60 degree lofts, corresponding to Gap, Sand and Lob wedges respectively.

I recently bought a set of MX 200's and just ordered the 55 degree club to use as a sand wedge. I figured that I could add the other two as and when the need arises.

Cheers,

HCP
Local club/country
Izaak Walton GC, England
Irons
Mizuno JPX800 Pro 5- PW all 2 upright +, Mizuno MP T10 wedges 52+56 + Ping Redwood ZB
Driver
Titleist 909 10.5 D2 Diamana Blue/Mizuno MP630 4 Wood and Taylormade Burner 22*
Hi, I have the MX 200(Rifle shaft) and have nothing but praise for them! Like you I was unsure as to which to go for. The set I have had is 4-PW and I added a 50 degree gap wedge but I didn't go for the Mizuno wedges other than this one. I am of the belief that what ever wedge you choose there needs to be almost equal degree loft difference between clubs so the starting point was the 45* of the PW. The MX range starts at 50 degree so I ordered one as my gap wedge and then I looked at what was on the market and opted for Titleist - 54* & 58* and I can honestly say that I have a great bag of irons. The MX200 55 & 60 degree wedges looked a bit too chunky for me. One thing I would stress is that at the moment Mizuno have a problem with shaft availability for the 200 - they can't make them quick enough. I understand that they are not going to get more until September so that might influence your decision - I have just waited 5/6 weeks for my 50 degree (with Rifle shaft) . Also if you are spending good money for a set of clubs,( if you can) get them custom fit wia one of the Mizuno fitting centers - see my previous posting. I did and I was surprised with what they suggested......and it's free! good luck!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Wedges are your friend..

You should have a PW, GW, SW and LW Make sure you have 3 - 4 degrees between each.

With the LW, get a lower bounce then the SW - maybe a single digit.

You can always open the blade for more bounce or close the blade for Less..

Wedges can make the game!

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Callaway x-12
Driver
Callaway
Thx a lot for your comments guys!

I think I'll go for the MP-R wedges.... at least for the LW and maybe also for the SW and the GW.

does this sound correct:

52/07 for GW
56/10 for SW
60/05 for LW

Any difference between the Nikkel and the Chrome wedges?

/Nicolaj

HCP
Local club/country
Izaak Walton GC, England
Irons
Mizuno JPX800 Pro 5- PW all 2 upright +, Mizuno MP T10 wedges 52+56 + Ping Redwood ZB
Driver
Titleist 909 10.5 D2 Diamana Blue/Mizuno MP630 4 Wood and Taylormade Burner 22*
Hi, good to see you've come to a decision. One thing to be careful of is the difference in the lofts. As I mentioned (and I think Mizuno state the same on their Website,) the different lofts should be evenly spread or as close as possible. In selecting your GW at 52 you will have a 7degree gap between the PW and the GW which is a big difference. This is why I looked at the 50/54/58 combination. Just a thought. Good luck!

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
Nicolai

I see you are a 24 handicapper. With all due respect to 24 handicappers, I don't think many of them, or indeed many on lower handicaps either, use lob wedges very well.

I would be inclined to go for a 50 and 56 degree and leave it at that.

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Callaway x-12
Driver
Callaway
Yeah I know that.... I just thought that I might as well buy it all at once.

....so no offence taken :)

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
I am not sure of the MX-200 lofts and bouce - but the lofts can be adjusted if you need..

Bullroarer Took

HCP
Local club/country
Poplar Creek Golf Course
Irons
mx-200 5-LW
Driver
mx-700 10.5
Is there anywhere in Europe that will ship a 2009 MX 60º wedge to the US? Mizuno USA doesn't offer that. :(

Top Bottom