waiting for irons

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Hot metal 900 s hopefully /Nike SQ 4-pw Cleveland 50/56 wedges /yes sandy putter
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
Hi, new to the forum I got fiited out on august 11th ending up with the 900 hot metal irons wich felt & went really good only problem is I'am no where nearer recieving them, I've heard rumors there are non in the country as yet which surprises me for a massive company like mizuno. Can anyone clarify this, also when are they likley to be in stock.
Thank for any replys

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I have heard the occasional post about club heads being temporarily out of stock. It comes down to your retailer telling you because Mizuno apparently informs them. So, what I';m saying is, I'm sorry I can't directly answer your question, but a call to the factory would answer your question quickly.

Aside from that, I recently got a set of the 900 Hot Metal irons. Believe me they are worth waiting for.

Welcome to the forum... Glad to have you here.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
We do run out of specific heads from time to time (eg Hot Metal long irons) and if it's part of a set, we prefer not to send it out incomplete.  With the majority of the sets now custom builds and often a mix of two or models....makes forecasting the correct heads a moving target.

As we have 2 different heads for every model - one for standard lie and another lighter one to go with upright / longer, that makes it a little more complex.  Our warehouse is still well stocked with heads - just sometimes not all the exact ones we'll need to build your set.

One of the downsides of offering all the options and combinations that we do.

Your retailer will be informed and have all the latest information.

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Hot metal 900 s hopefully /Nike SQ 4-pw Cleveland 50/56 wedges /yes sandy putter
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
HI, thanks for the reply just seems a really long time to RE stock and no one has mentioned a time scale as to when I will be receiving my irons , At the earliest it will be six weeks that's not good . Hi Dennis yes when I had the fitting they felt really good a d I was hitting them well I also tried the forged ones but got a better flight with the Hot metals

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
And still waiting !! no info phoned mizuno the other day and they said all my requirements WERE in stock so can someone from the company tell me what the delay is please.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
If Mizuno are saying what you've ordered is in stock then I'd go out on a limb and say they are in stock. Whi did you order through and how did you pay for them?

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
I think you are probably better off contacting the retailer you ordered from and asking them the question.

You are currently asking on a 'fans forum'.  Your retailer should also be chasing for you.

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
hi, I ordered from my local club the last I they was told it would be mid september, I spoke to a woman @ mizuno who was very helpful in telling me everything was in stock but she didn't have any info on specific orders, I believe thats done from scotland,
Its my first experience with mizuno and I think 7 weeks is a tadge on long side to be waiting. I have  read other threads where post from mizuno representives have responded to other threads hence my question to them. I wouldn,t class it as good customer service if I told my clients i would provide a service within 5-7 days then didn't turn up for the next two months, my reputation would be in tatters and start to loose clients very quickly.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
If Mizuno themselves say the irons are in stock, experience has shown that the problem often lies with the retailer. Either putting in a wrong order, or not putting it in at all.

I recently ordered a couple of hybrids and they were delivered within 3 working days.

i suggest you get back to where you ordered the irons; demand a copy of the purchase order that was sent to Mizuno and take it from there.

Good luck!

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
99% of issues like this end up being the retailer taking the @@@@. I ordered my irons on a Sunday, got them on the Friday. If Mizuno say they're in stock then there is a problem from your retailer's side.

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
hi, thanks for the replys I will press my retailer again, but I still think there's been a problem at mizuno because my son played in a works comp Friday and he played with a guy who had just received the same irons as I have ordered, He got his from American discount and he ordered his at a similar time but I suppose they do look after a big company like that first for obvious reasons over a small outfit who orders a minute amount compared to them. So here's hoping this week !

oh the guy won the tournament as well.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
Driver
If someone else got the same irons in good time, it sounds increasingly likely that the problem lies with your retailer NOT Mizuno.

Check when your order was sent; when it was acknowledged / confirmed by Mizuno and what delivery estimate was given.

I’ll lay money that the retailer is at fault. But that’s why I don’t bet.

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
it still took six & half weeks for his (is that good) or should we blame american golf as well ?

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I have had a delay before, around a month when my GW head was out of stock. Then it arrived with the wrong shaft. So Mizuno aren't perfect. However they are normally good with communication. I knew the head was out of stock as AG let me know so I wasn't annoyed when it took a month. And they turned around the @@@@ up very quickly.

We are fans of Mizuno on here but we aren't blinkered. If Mizuno are wrong we'll call them out. I would say if there was a delay, your retailer could have found this out very quickly and let you know; this would have smoothed things over.

Anyway, I hope you love the irons and this experience hasn't soured things :)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
dorada said:
it still took six & half weeks for his (is that good) or should we blame american golf as well ?
When I was waiting for my irons earlier this year I spoke to a Mizuno fitter who was in my Pro shop - He was surprised at the delay for my order until I mentioned it was with AG? - Evidently due to the way they do business with Mizuno, you are always likely to have a longer wait with them than a normal Pro shop - To support that theory I ordered plenty of Mizuno stuff from my Pro shop & orders have always been pretty speedy?
Paul 

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Dorada

If the items are 'in stock' when you call, it does mean you need to press your retailer for an explanation.  As mentioned, we're not perfect and some delays from us are down to us running out of heads.  However, we'll always inform the retailer, or a consumer if they ring in.  We just can't discuss specific issues with specific retailers.  So i'd take that call you made to us as a red light.

A bigger retailer like AG has no advantages speed wise over local pro shop.  Sometime the reverse as so much stock is moving hands.  It can sometimes take a little outside of our desired 5-7 days with a larger retailer.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
Driver
dorada said:
You got them yet?

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
hi, sorry I didn't reply I have been on holiday for 2 weeks YESSSSS they arrived the day I flew out so not had chance to try them out yet, Going to the range to give them a bash later today to try to get a idea of the yardage's :up::D:D

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
dorada said:
hi, sorry I didn't reply I have been on holiday for 2 weeks YESSSSS they arrived the day I flew out so not had chance to try them out yet, Going to the range to give them a bash later today to try to get a idea of the yardage's :up::D:D
Excellent! Enjoy the new bat's Dorada. 

HCP
Local club/country
South chesterfield
Irons
Driver
Titliest 915 D3 10 deg
thanks zombie , first round on friday afternoon just picked a jpx 16 deg utility to go with them felt really soft when hitting them on the range compared to mine .

Top Bottom