Vokey wedge 400 series

carl gray

Local club/country
didsbury England
Irons
TP9, TP19, Tp21, Ping I3 blade, Ping eye2 copper
Driver
Titliest 983k
Hi all , I am a traditionalist when comes to clubs , hence TP 9, Tp19 & Tp21. can anyone tell me about vokey 400 series wedge , age etc and pricewhen new . thanks in advance, carl

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
I have played Vokey Wedges in the past, I have not found them to be the all of end all... The Mizuno R wedges are very nice, but I myself have a traditional VIP Wedge (Which I was told as made for C. Strange - but can't verify - and would only make me not use it) that performs at 100%..

I am a little concern about the new grooves issue - what will be allowed and what will not be allowed.. So at this point, I would not invest in any new wedges (unless you fully understand what is the new requirement). more Spin - Less Spin - HECK, I just want to go from tee to green in ONE shot! ;) or maybe one shot and one put!

davidi

HCP
Local club/country
Porters Park, Herts, UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 3-PW, MP-T4 54/9 and Vokey 60-M
Driver
913D2, 8.5, YS-6+ Stiff
Hi Carl

Have a look at the Titleist archive - http://titleist.eu/historical_clubs/details.asp?id=70
Looks like they were made between 2000 and 2004. Vokey just released a 52* and 58* limited edition wedge based on the 400 series shape but I'm not sure if any are still available.

I'd argue that the 400 series are no more traditional than the 200-series or even spin-milled series, or the Mizuno MP-T's for that matter, and it might be tough to find 400 series with sharp grooves - but go with whatever appeals!

Cheers,
David

Top Bottom