US Open

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Well, this is going to be an interesting weekends golf. Watching the 1st round coverage and this course looks as if it will punish the bad shots really heavily. Tiger hasn't hit a green in regulation on his first four holes. Rory may well be in his hotel packing his bag for an early get away on Friday after an opening 80 (+10) Jordan Spieth is on +8 even Big Phil is at +7 after round 1. I'm not convinced the rough needs to be as bad as it is. I remember the slating Carnoustie took in 99, but, this is beginning to make the world's best look a little foolish.

Plus points are the Sky coverage, Butch H is good value as always and Luke Donald has once again impressed as one of the Sky team.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Well, that was brutal ..... +22 the worst score of the day, Having watched most of the coverage on the first day, I have to say I think that the organisers got the setup wrong and have made it a total lottery. the best players in the world shouldn't be made to look like saturday hackers.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Completely agree DCB - I see enough hacking around through the week & want to see a tough but fair test in the US (& our) Open - All this talk of making it easy for the players by making the fairways wider is complete hogwash! - To nick Ken Brown's famous comment, some of the approach shots are like "trying to land on an upturned wok!"
Paul :mad:

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
I don't know how many shots I saw slipping back off the front of the green down onto the fairway. If the shot went another 2 yds it was off the back of the green. That just isn't golf. I felt sorry for those playing later in the day yesterday.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
I think they’ve got it right. Weekly events are a bore fest at -20.... much prefer skill and precision of LvL being the winning score

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I pretty much missed the first three days but here I am pulling for Brooks and Tommy. Patrick and Dustin aren't exactly my favourite players. :)

Top Bottom