MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Mizuno MP-5 KBS Tour 130x
Driver
Taylormade M2 2017 Project X LZ 6.0
Hi!

tested the swing DNA today and was really surprised by the result as it would have me as a more of a high tempo shaft loading kind of guy than i thought!

I trust the numbers I got and the selection of shafts, it suggested C-taper x, dg x100 and KBS tour 130x. I like a smoother shaft with a bit of butt softnes so KBS is really the only one i would buy. I play the modus 120x now but was thinking of buying a set of mp5's and that shaft is not suited for me I guess but I love how it feels. So I start to think that maybe I would gain something from a better fitting shaft even if it is heavy and i prefer around 120 grams.

what do you guys say? Anyone been in the same situation?

I was hoping for the px 6.0 LZ but it came at fifth place and in 6.5.

cheers

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
A bit of an update!

Went to my local range today as I knew they had the mizuno fitting cart. Conditions where windy from the left and in to and I was hitting range balls that they claim go 15% shorter compared to regular balls. All shafts were half an inch longer and 2* up. And I could not use a launch monitor.

Started with the KBS tour x, nice soft feeling shaft with a bit of kick to it. The shots were high and dropped out of the sky and spun to a halt. 

Next up was c-taper x and this shaft was smooth and soft at impact, could clearly see that it sent the ball a bit lower but not by much. Struggled a bit with half shots and punch shots so I think this shaft needs the full swing from me to work.

Last I tested the x100 but could not get any feeling with it and all shots turned out poorly.

As I stated earlier I was hoping for the PX LZ so on a whim I tested it aswell, the thing is that they could not find that shaft with 0.5" longer so I had to test it in standard length with the standard head. Here' the kicker, this shaft gave me the longest shots and had the nicest feeling. 

Not the samt tight dispersion as the KBS tour x but longer and a tad higher. So now I am really confused....

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
MizunoMade said:
A bit of an update!

Went to my local range today as I knew they had the mizuno fitting cart. Conditions where windy from the left and in to and I was hitting range balls that they claim go 15% shorter compared to regular balls. All shafts were half an inch longer and 2* up. And I could not use a launch monitor.

Started with the KBS tour x, nice soft feeling shaft with a bit of kick to it. The shots were high and dropped out of the sky and spun to a halt. 

Next up was c-taper x and this shaft was smooth and soft at impact, could clearly see that it sent the ball a bit lower but not by much. Struggled a bit with half shots and punch shots so I think this shaft needs the full swing from me to work.

Last I tested the x100 but could not get any feeling with it and all shots turned out poorly.

As I stated earlier I was hoping for the PX LZ so on a whim I tested it aswell, the thing is that they could not find that shaft with 0.5" longer so I had to test it in standard length with the standard head. Here' the kicker, this shaft gave me the longest shots and had the nicest feeling. 

Not the samt tight dispersion as the KBS tour x but longer and a tad higher. So now I am really confused....
In order of importance how do you, personally, rank the importance of Feel, Distance and Dispersion?  

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
DMT said:
MizunoMade said:
A bit of an update!

In order of importance how do you, personally, rank the importance of Feel, Distance and Dispersion?  
Feel, dispersion and length I would say. I often feel like I leave a few yards behind because of my high shots but I still hit my 6-iron around 175 carry and I feel that that is often enough.

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
Took a gamble and ordered a set today. Snainton had 5-pw with KBS tour x in my specs at £399 so I ordered straight away! I did line the shafts so I think they will work just fine.

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
MizunoMade said:
Took a gamble and ordered a set today. Snainton had 5-pw with KBS tour x in my specs at £399 so I ordered straight away! I did line the shafts so I think they will work just fine.
Sounds like a good decision! What heads did you get? Not sure I can see any mention? Good luck with whatever they are. 

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
Haha you are right, I totally missed that!
I got the mp5's, not skilled enough for them but I play better with thinner heads and less offset. First set was silver cup so I learned the game with blades.

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
MizunoMade said:
Haha you are right, I totally missed that!
I got the mp5's, not skilled enough for them but I play better with thinner heads and less offset. First set was silver cup so I learned the game with blades.
Wow, at that price you should have bought a few sets!! 

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
Great price, I know. Think they just had one set but they may take in a few more when the new clubs are released maybe?

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I wasn't convinced when the first swing DNA clubs hit the shops, but having had three sets fitted I'm more than happy with the results that Swing DNA suggested. Best one ever was moving away from DG to Nippon NS Pros. I'd never have thought that one would work, but it did. It is a great starting point, but, you still need to like what you are using, so personal thoughts on feel etc have to come into it.

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
How you getting on with the  5-pw with KBS tour x MizunoMade?

Bubba

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
How you getting on with the  5-pw with KBS tour x MizunoMade?

Bubba
Got them today so will be going to the range tomorrow, but I almost want to keep them in the wrappers because they are so pretty!!

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Tools not jewels!!
Bubba 

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Driver
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Tools not jewels!!
Bubba 
So true!
Have played a few rounds with them and could not be happier. They are beautiful, feel as soft as velvet when you strike them and the best trajectory I ever had. First time in a long time my shots are not climbing to the moon and dropping straight down. Probably a mix between the heads and properly fitted shafts. The swing DNA really works!

Top Bottom