Tourque Wrench For Demo Irons

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
JPX919 Forged(Project X LZ 6.0), Wedges S5(51/56/61) (Project X 5.5). Odyssey Pro Type 7.
Driver
Driver ST180 (9.5 Tensei Orange Stiff), 3 Wood MP650 (Red Eye Stiff), Hybrid MP650(19)(Red Eye Stiff)
All, looking to upgrade my 53's (still in amazing condition as I have them always covered :)). Can't decide on 919 hot metal or forged. I obviously can't source the demos for these but have managed to get their 900 equivalents :). See how much better they are compared to the 53. For a longer term experiment to see which direction i go in. Now on a search for a Project X LZ to put in them. My question is WHEN i do find a shaft hiw do i chenge it. There is a little screw of some sorts in the hosel. I'm still playing MP650 in driver (hard to beat) so don't have a standard wrench to try. If I did will it fit ? ( I can source on the bay.....) or does it need a different kind of wrench? All the best, Rhodri.

LOS

Local club/country
England
Did you also acquire a shaft adaptor with the heads?

Should look something like this:-
adapt.jpg

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
JPX919 Forged(Project X LZ 6.0), Wedges S5(51/56/61) (Project X 5.5). Odyssey Pro Type 7.
Driver
Driver ST180 (9.5 Tensei Orange Stiff), 3 Wood MP650 (Red Eye Stiff), Hybrid MP650(19)(Red Eye Stiff)
Hi Los. Yep. Both heads are fitted with shafts so are complete. Just not the shafts I'm looking for .... ;-). XP Gold in one and SL in the other. Not bad to try different weight but in keen to try the LZ as have been playing Proj X 5.5 for about 5 years.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Go and see a recognised fitter / mizuno agent , these clubs were never meant to be sold to the public. A good mizuno professional / fitter will have the authorised mizuno fitting cart full of head types and nice selection of shafts.

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Thank you but I'd like to try these clubs longer term. A fitting is just 45 minutes, generally off a mat. I want to try them on the course in various situations. This is why I've bought the heads and shafts. I will go and get fitted eventually but want to be sure that the 45 minute fit also plays iut in what I've seen in real course conditions. The main focus is whether I jump to the hot metal. My guess is no but only course time against the forged will tell. I may even find that I stick with the 53s but I doubt it. The 919s look and feel amazing. The 900s are a way for me to gauge the benefit of dropping 900 quid on a new set.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Ok no problem . I've played both 900 forged and 900 Tour both exceptional irons. If you play a lot or hit a lot of balls get 919 tour maybe. Personally I get more from forged over winter where you have windier days etc and the extra meat on the forged helps massively. Hot metals may be too big a blade for you, but all round I'd go 919 Forged. Hope this helps.

I've played PX 5.5 in cobra CB ten years ago and various 6.0s including 6.5 in two sets. I find PX LZ 6.0 not as harsh as PX 6.0 (non flighted). Coming from PX 5.5 you'll get on with PX LZ 6.0. You will hit less left if left is your shot too

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Ok no problem . I've played both 900 forged and 900 Tour both exceptional irons. If you play a lot or hit a lot of balls get 919 tour maybe. Personally I get more from forged over winter where you have windier days etc and the extra meat on the forged helps massively. Hot metals may be too big a blade for you, but all round I'd go 919 Forged. Hope this helps.

I've played PX 5.5 in cobra CB ten years ago and various 6.0s including 6.5 in two sets. I find PX LZ 6.0 not as harsh as PX 6.0 (non flighted). Coming from PX 5.5 you'll get on with PX LZ 6.0. You will hit less left if left is your shot too
Thank you WalkerCup. Good info. Yep, left is my miss............... gut feel says 919 Forged, just wanted to see the difference in size between Forged and Hot Metal for a longer period of time. I'm not overly fussed with the feel of the Hot Metal so its becoming a one horse race. Saying that my 53's are like new (always covered) and I'm hitting them better than ever............ the range time is doing me good ;-).

I've managed to source a few heads. Still scouring Ebay for a couple of shaft that I'd like to try :).

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Thank you WalkerCup. Good info. Yep, left is my miss............... gut feel says 919 Forged, just wanted to see the difference in size between Forged and Hot Metal for a longer period of time. I'm not overly fussed with the feel of the Hot Metal so its becoming a one horse race. Saying that my 53's are like new (always covered) and I'm hitting them better than ever............ the range time is doing me good ;-).

I've managed to source a few heads. Still scouring Ebay for a couple of shaft that I'd like to try :).
I've got an MP5 6i head and 3 demo shafts up for sale on ebay at the minite.

Shafts are:

PX 6.0 LZ
PX 6.0 soft stepped so plays about 5.5
KBS C Taper Lite Stiff

Top Bottom