The Scottish 45

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Some of you may be thinking that this is a history lesson revolving around the 1745 Jacobite rising, but, alas it is not such a tale. It is the tale of an invader from the far South who swept all before him as he fought an heroic battle over the links of Kilspindie Golf Club. Tonytim8 , playing his first round of links golf, made light work of the conditions both overhead and underfoot. A strong, cool, Easterly breeze meant the course was playing " the wrong way round" a Westerly is the norm here. Several weeks of dry weather had left the fairways hard and the greens even harder. Yet, in a strong field, one man rose to the challenge. Tony shot an amazing 45 points in testing conditions. We sat awaiting the results thinking a good score would be 36-40 points but we were amazed at the 45 points which took the honours. Well played Tony, makes the long trip well worth the effort when you have a day like that.

Just think, you'll be be to recount every stroke for Bubba on the journey home tomorrow ;)

The rest of us will be able to sit and tell stories to our grandchildren of The Scottish 45 and the wee invader from the far South.

Well done Tony, well deserved win on Friday :)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Well done Tony!
1 - O to the "Southern Softies" :lol:
Paul

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
DCB said:
Some of you may be thinking that this is a history lesson revolving around the 1745 Jacobite rising, but, alas it is not such a tale. It is the tale of an invader from the far South who swept all before him as he fought an heroic battle over the links of Kilspindie Golf Club. Tonytim8 , playing his first round of links golf, made light work of the conditions both overhead and underfoot. A strong, cool, Easterly breeze meant the course was playing " the wrong way round" a Westerly is the norm here. Several weeks of dry weather had left the fairways hard and the greens even harder. Yet, in a strong field, one man rose to the challenge. Tony shot an amazing 45 points in testing conditions. We sat awaiting the results thinking a good score would be 36-40 points but we were amazed at the 45 points which took the honours. Well played Tony, makes the long trip well worth the effort when you have a day like that.

Just think, you'll be be to recount every stroke for Bubba on the journey home tomorrow ;)

The rest of us will be able to sit and tell stories to our grandchildren of The Scottish 45 and the wee invader from the far South.

Well done Tony, well deserved win on Friday :)
DCB

Thank you for your kind words. Yes it was a round that I will never forget and one I know the gods were shining down on me with. I put it down to my attitude on and off the course as everyone soon realised because

I DON'T CARE

Play good or bad there is no place I'd rather be than on a golf course with friends new and old.

P.s 
Bubba fell asleep on the way back, fed up of hearing me go on !!!!

Tony

Top Bottom