Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Bonobobananas said:
He wouldn't have been -5 on the course I played. And he'd have about three less balls in his bag
Since he won on the same golf course everyone else played, it's moot.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Stop using your damned logic :lol:

I still can't stand the smarmy little @@@@

A shame no one got any real pressure on him today, I always think he's got more than a few yips in him. That round was like the anti 2016 Open with everyone playing rubbish. Would be nice if one of the other supposed top players turned up at the USPGA. McIlroy played some garbage but was still up there. 

Very disappointed with Koepka's round, I thought he'd do some damage today :(

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Yeah I'm not a Spieth fan either Mr Bananas and I agree wholeheartedly about the easy lies he got after some awful tee shots.  But his powers of recovery and big putts were down right impressive.

Shame Kooch didn't take his opportunities as his missed birdies left that door open enough to keep Spieth's head up.

Finally, I agree that Birkdale wasn't fit for a major as too many golfer got an easy break in the rough.  Like Bonobobananas' course, my course has rough that would swallow up a bag, let alone a ball!

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
DennisMiller said:
It takes a bit of luck to win any tournament, but when you play 5 under on the last 5 holes, to win by 3 shots, it means nobody played as well as you anyway.
A bit of luck is easier to handle Dennis.the amount he had today was unbelievable.Then to take 20 minutes on decided on his drop just takes the piss as he is one of the slowest players on either Tour already.Fair play he hung on but on a different day it could have been Augusta all over again.I think a -7 a -6 and a few -5's earlier  suggests a few played better today.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Bonobobananas said:
Stop using your damned logic :lol:

I still can't stand the smarmy little @@@@

A shame no one got any real pressure on him today, I always think he's got more than a few yips in him. That round was like the anti 2016 Open with everyone playing rubbish. Would be nice if one of the other supposed top players turned up at the USPGA. McIlroy played some garbage but was still up there. 

Very disappointed with Koepka's round, I thought he'd do some damage today :(
Don't really see why you find JS so offensive? -  Maybe it's just a personality thing? - In golfing terms he certainly does not have the best swing, but short game & putting are as good as I have ever seen (especially putting) - Can't argue with his haul of majors either, especially at his age? - But imho his best attribute is his will to win - Had to dig deep after the debacle at 13, but what a run of holes to fend off Kuchar & the rest - In a strange way I found it more exciting than the Battle of The Sons in 2016?
Paul 

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Won fair & square.

And much better role model (for kids anyway) than TW that's for sure.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
I thought it was amazing how he brought his game back together after the 13th. To hit that bad a shot, spend that long on a ruling then go birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie was brilliant. He could have fallen apart but his mental strength was amazing.

Golf is all about the run of the green, and whoever wins a tournament is likely to have that. Given how few players were under par I don't think you can complain the course was not setup correctly, if the wind or rain had kicked off any more it would have been only 2 -3 players under par, it was Saturday that let people get so low.

3 majors at 23 with a swing which is as flaky as his shows his short game and mental strength are absolutely rock solid, he may not have the charisma of beef but he is a worthy winner, and let's face it golf has had plenty of 1 dimensional champions.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
The JS incident put our workshop on TV so we were good with it.  Shame Koepka didn't make more of a run.

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
MPX said:
The JS incident put our workshop on TV so we were good with it.  Shame Koepka didn't make more of a run.
Does that mean Mizuno are going to sign him up ? 

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
LOS said:
Varry Hardon said:
tonytim8 said:
Does that mean Mizuno are going to sign him up ? 
No.
Perhaps they are considering the other JS, who has been playing well this year.
https://twitter.com/Jsmithgolf/status/8 ... 1658689536

Not doing to bad in the Porsche open, I assume he is still plauing the Miizzy's.
I saw some of the Porsche today & Smith seemed to be using a blade rather than the 900 Tours (?) - Hopefully its still a Mizuno (MP5 maybe?) as he looks in good shape to have a decent run at winning the event ...

LOS

Local club/country
England
PaulBoy said:
LOS said:
Perhaps they are considering the other JS, who has been playing well this year.
https://twitter.com/Jsmithgolf/status/8 ... 1658689536

Not doing to bad in the Porsche open, I assume he is still plauing the Miizzy's.
I saw some of the Porsche today & Smith seemed to be using a blade rather than the 900 Tours (?) - Hopefully its still a Mizuno (MP5 maybe?) as he looks in good shape to have a decent run at winning the event ...

Attachments

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Not as nice looking as MP-4, but could be a future classic.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I think it's one of the most gorgeous golf clubs I've ever seen. Old age, obesity and total incapability are the only things standing between me and a new set of MP-18 blades.

Top Bottom