drsabu

HCP
Local club/country
cambridge UK
Irons
t-zoid pro 3-pw
Driver
ping G5 - 9 - stiff
I have been using a set of t-zoid pro irons for many years. The grooves have now pretty much worn away!

Can anyone recommend a modern or close equivalent of this set?

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
None of the current sets loks like the T zoids, but the closest in terms of playability and feel is probably one of the players clubs - MP67 or MP62.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
drsabu said:
I have been using a set of t-zoid pro irons for many years. The grooves have now pretty much worn away!

Can anyone recommend a modern or close equivalent of this set?
If I remember correctly the Pro's had Dynamic Gold Senicore shafts installed. If oyu like the shaft, just make sure you get the current set with the same shaft.

I would recommend the MP-52's as a set to replace the Pro's. I used the PRO, then the PRO II's years ago and have "graduated" to the MP-52's.

I enjoy the 52's as well as the 29's..

Luckybob

HCP
Local club/country
Henley Golf & Country Club
Irons
Mizuno MP62, Rifle 5.5 regular lie,1/4" longer 4-PW
Driver
Ping G10 10*
Hi there

I had been using T-Zoid Pros' for over 9 years, till last year when i picked up a set of Pro II from Ebay, since then i have come down from 10 to 8, i thought the clubs had helped until i went into my local Fitting cnter today, boy oh boy was i surprised!

My old T-zoids where set up completely wrong, dont get me wrong i hit them well most of the time, but the guy fitting me told me after hitting 10 balls with them exactly what my bad shot was, they were 1/2" longer and upright set up!!

I hit a couple of MP57's whilst establishing which shaft was best then went onto the MP62, oh boy what a sweet club. Rifle 5.5, standard lie with 1/4" longer shaft and the most sweet grip!! The machine showed me to benefit from a much lower trajectory a reduction in back spin from 8500rpm to 6900 rpm and 14yards more carry, dispertion with my old clubs was 30 yards, with the Mp62's it was 15!! If that translates onto the course i am looking forward to the rest of the summer

If you are looking for a replacement for your T-Zoids, you, like I, play off 8, go and try the MP62, the only problem is i have to wait a week for the delivery as the are being made to order.............

Top Bottom