Swingweight MP62

Knuarn

HCP
Local club/country
Norway
Irons
MP62 3PW
I received my new MP62 irons a week ago.
Then I found out that they 1" longer than standard, and that is 1/2" too long for me. I brought them back to the store and they cut off 1/2 inch. So my question is about the weight balance. I can see from the custom fitting site the following: - For most iron models Mizuno offer lighter weight heads which can be used to keep the swing weight to a standard balance for club lengths up to +1/2" longer. Anything longer than that and the swing weight will increase above the recommended balance. (As a rough calculation, every extra 1/2" in length will increase the swingweight by 3 balance points).

So is the heads on my clubs that were build +1" longer lighter and will it cause a problem to cut off 1/2" Will this change the recommended balance??

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Hello Knuarn

We need to establish if the set was built to this spec by Mizuno or adjusted from a standard set by someone else.

If they came from us (built to an inch longer) we would have used the lightest heads available which would provide a swing weight around D1-D3 at +1/2" or D4-D6 at 1" longer (depending on the shaft and grip). So cutting them down, back to +1/2" wouldn't be a problem.

As a rough guide to calculate how the swing weight changes when the length is adjusted, half an inch is roughly 3 swing weight point i.e. making a club 1/2" shorter will make the swing weight 3 points lighter.

Best regards, UTY

Knuarn

HCP
Local club/country
Norway
Irons
MP62 3PW
Thanks for your reply.
The set was built from Mizuno with True Temper X100 shafts and New Decade Multicompound grips.

Top Bottom