Anser

HCP
Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
MP 57
Driver
MP Craft 425
Hello, what swingspeed should i have with iron 6 Project 5.5s?

Anser

HCP
Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
MP 57
Driver
MP Craft 425
Anyone have any idea?
Is 85mph enough or is it too stiff for that?

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
PX 5.5 is broadly similar to S300, so I think 85 mph could be fine. I say could because the feel of PX is rather different and not to everyone's tastes. If you have a fast transition and/or like a firm feeling shaft, it could work for you. I have just switched to PX 5.5 from S300 and my 6 iron speed is about 85-88 mph.

I demoed several sets and flexes first and you should consider doing the same, possibly at the Mizzy National Fitting centre.

Anser

HCP
Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
MP 57
Driver
MP Craft 425
mjtoal said:
PX 5.5 is broadly similar to S300, so I think 85 mph could be fine. I say could because the feel of PX is rather different and not to everyone's tastes. If you have a fast transition and/or like a firm feeling shaft, it could work for you. I have just switched to PX 5.5 from S300 and my 6 iron speed is about 85-88 mph.

I demoed several sets and flexes first and you should consider doing the same, possibly at the Mizzy National Fitting centre.
Ok, i have just bought MP57 with PX 5.5s and are satisfied with them. But i just want to check if i picked the right shaft. I have seen shaft with both PX 5.5 and PX 5.5s.

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/one2one/cabinet/00423884/pj_fl.jpg

http://www.fittingworks.com/images/article/forum_dgpx.jpg

What is the different between these shaft, are the S stiffer then the 5.5 or same?

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
I believe the one shaft is made for Mizuno / other OEM's and the other shaft is sold at retail.

Anser

HCP
Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
MP 57
Driver
MP Craft 425
anchorpags said:
I believe the one shaft is made for Mizuno / other OEM's and the other shaft is sold at retail.
Ok, so you dont think the 5.5s is stiffer?

Mad as a Frog

HCP
Local club/country
Batchworth Park GC
Irons
MX-300 4&5, MP 52s 6-PW, Project X 5.5,Bridgestone 3&5 Woods with Accra Axiv XC75 shafts Stiff - Vokeys 50, 55 & 60
Driver
Nakashima HTEC Driver 460 Aldila VS Proto 60 Shaft 9.5 degree
Rather confused, I had my fitting today (national fitting centre Nuess, Germany) - swing speed with a six Iron 84-87 mph, with the PX 6.0 157mtr Carry with range balls. My previous clubs were PX 5.0 but was informed immediately after 1 or 2 swings I had the wrong shaft in my Cobras.

I hit the MP 52 PX 6.0 really well, more accurate than the 5.5 I tested,and I guess the brief I gave was I was prepared to sacrifice distance for accuracy - have I talked myself into the 6.0 or can anyone advise if this seems a fair call from the fitting team. I dont think I lost any distance...

Also advised the MX 700 not really for me as it is 1 degree closed, the real harm for me is a pull, or hook, I prefer to fade the ball so need to remove the LHS from my game, I ran out of time for a shaft fit for the driver - anyone any ideas based on my six iron swing speed - I want accuracy - not bother if I lose distance as 220mtr carry is fine for me, Should I even consider a X Flex? with Low torque?? Help please!!!

Nick

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
I think for your swing, both 5.5 or 6.0 could work depending on your preference. I have a similar swing speed and demoed 5.5, 6.0 and even 6.5 before choosing 5.5. I hit the 6.5 (in a MP67) pretty well, but I just thought it sounded like too much stiffness.

For a driver shaft fit, if I was demoing drivers assuming our driver speeds are also similar, I would not look at a X flex. I would look at a S flex in a decent solid shaft, say something like a UST V2 or Voodoo.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
Are you determinded to get the PX shafts. I myself have found with irons, I always go back to DGS no matter what the machines or charts tell me..

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Anchor

You must not have tried KBS yet - they feel great. If they had been a stock offering when I got my PX, I would have had KBS instead, and now have wedges with them in.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Would you consider Nippon shafts?

I came accross these on my last fitting session and they added 10 yards on to all my irons - and straighter too!!

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
I know some people who use NS Pro shafts and like them. I think they are sometimes chosen by people who want something a bit lighter, so are easier to swing and may give a bit extra distance.

Never used them myself.

I have the KBS now in two Taylor Made wedges and although there may be a honeymoon effect, so far really like them.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
mjtoal said:
I know some people who use NS Pro shafts and like them. I think they are sometimes chosen by people who want something a bit lighter, so are easier to swing and may give a bit extra distance.

Never used them myself.

I have the KBS now in two Taylor Made wedges and although there may be a honeymoon effect, so far really like them.
What do you have in your irons?

Don't you think that the shaft in the wedges is a completely different animal than the shafts in your longer irons?

I got my wedges from Pure Forged Golf up in Northern Scotland - he imports Japanese forgings and is a master clubmaker - and he recommended DG 200 S shafts for my wedges, however they were cut-down 8-iron shafts, apparently a lot of the pros are doing this, as it gives a good bit of support whilst going through rough and heavy rough, but has a nice soft tip for feel and control. So far I love it!

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Deemac said:
mjtoal said:

Never used them myself.

What do you have in your irons?

Don't you think that the shaft in the wedges is a completely different animal than the shafts in your longer irons?

I got my wedges from Pure Forged Golf up in Northern Scotland - he imports Japanese forgings and is a master clubmaker - and he recommended DG 200 S shafts for my wedges, however they were cut-down 8-iron shafts, apparently a lot of the pros are doing this, as it gives a good bit of support whilst going through rough and heavy rough, but has a nice soft tip for feel and control. So far I love it!

I have 4-PW MP62s with PX 5.5 and Taylor Made TPZ 52 and 56 with KBS stiff. I have played well with all of them.

My previous set (MP60s and Vokey wedges) all had TT DG, S300 in the irons and wedge flex, probably S200 in the wedges.

I have seen the Pure Forged website. A few other interesting sites around - Made In Japan, also based in the UK, and Tour Spec Golf, based in Hawaii but the kit comes from Japan.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
mjtoal said:
Anchor

You must not have tried KBS yet - they feel great. If they had been a stock offering when I got my PX, I would have had KBS instead, and now have wedges with them in.
I'll let you know when my New Mizunos arrive with the shaft..

Top Bottom