ST180 driver question

reqq

Local club/country
Sweden
Hi, i have one of these at 45 with stock tensei orange which is a counterbalanced shaft. If i want to try a non counter balance shaft do i need to do anything with the head. I read that they install weights to the head with counterbalanced shafts?

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I do not know the official answer to this, but usually a counterbalanced shaft is used, so that a heavier clubhead can be used whilst the swingweight is kept at whatever they want to achieve. So I would assume, that you would Need to cut the shaft down to counteract that, but that's just my guess. I might be completely off, so take it with a mountain of salt :)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I do quite a bit of shaft swapping & have never had an issue whether the shaft is counterbalanced or not - I do like to play my driver at a certain swing weight (D2-D4) - I also think the Tensei Orange is only "slightly" counterbalanced, so comparing it with a non-counterbalanced one shouldn't be too challenging? - Again, I am only speaking from my own experience, so your mileage may vary ...
Paul

Top Bottom