Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
MPX are you able to confirm/ deny rumours around the lack of availability of heads? And do you know the turnaround times at the moment for orders? Asking for a friend :D

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Might be quite nice to have a sticky with a regular update on turn rounds and any info. Up to you MPX, appreciated the weather is not helping at the min in the UK. 

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Maybe Mizuno cannot meet demand.

Certainly the best looking driver & fairway I've seen for a long time (from all brands).

FIRST time I've ever considered buying a new Mizuno driver. All other Mizuno drivers I've bought were used from eBay.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Maybe MPX is on holiday in the Bahamas. Can’t blame him really :)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Bonobobananas said:
Maybe MPX is on holiday in the Bahamas. Can’t blame him really :)
Bahamas? Maybe? - Back on topic, there was the same issue with the JPX900 driver last year - The European allocation of heads sold out much quicker than expected & everyone had to wait for them to be restocked - It appears, as usual, we are well down the pecking order in terms of supply - Not surprising I suppose up against the US & Japan (?)
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Whilst it is no doubt frustrating when there aren't enough heads to meet demand it must surely be a sign the Mizuno are getting there with regard to a driver that compares with the other offerings in the marketplace. When you look at the numbers of older drivers still on the shelf at greatly reduced prices, you have to think that maybe Mizuno have got the right idea in drip feeding the marketplace.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Understand your thinking DCB but they are under supplying which is as bad as over supply. They need a proper stock analysis doing on these launches because in my professional opinion (as a business analyst) their sales and demand curve is far outstripping the stock availablility curve. That is through a poor understanding of their buying/build lead times.

I know someone who runs a reputable golf retail company and they had just 14 clubs in total (1/4 rack) across the ST/GT/CLK range available for launch at their biggest outlet. Compare that to the full rack (60 clubs) for both the Taylor Made and Callaway launches and the half rack of Cobra.... it’s poor. Visibility in store then breeds brand and product awareness, get that right and you end up with the retail and marketing holy grail.... perfect synergy of product, placement, demand and delivery.

I charge £50 per hour Mizuno if you want professional advice on launches in future.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
"Understand your thinking DCB but they are under supplying which is as bad as over supply. They need a proper stock analysis doing on these launches because in my professional opinion (as a business analyst) their sales and demand curve is far outstripping the stock availablility curve. That is through a poor understanding of their buying/build lead "

The problem is though, in recent years, no matter which model is being released, Mizuno Drivers do not gain as big a market share as those of other manufacturers. The perception the Mizuno don't make good drivers is still prevalent unfortunately.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Because they don’t create a brand awerness to consumers in store!!! Make people see it and people will try it!!!

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
If the rumour mill is true and there are no heads until April, I shall cancel my order and buy the Cobra. Hopefully not the case.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
Bonobobananas said:
If the rumour mill is true and there are no heads until April, I shall cancel my order and buy the Cobra. Hopefully not the case.
Eek.

Was hoping to order ST180 driver, ready for Northern Forum outing.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Hopefully MPX can put our minds at ease. 

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Not sure how the rumour started.  Plenty of stock - no issues.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Splendid thank you. You know how us golfers are like small children, rumours around the playground :)

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Bonobobananas said:
Splendid thank you. You know how us golfers are like small children, rumours around the playground :)

Thank heavens for that.

Now if anyone is available in Norwich to help The Yellow Man pick up his teddies and place them back in the pram it would be much appreciated :)

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
hursty said:
Bonobobananas said:

Thank heavens for that.

Now if anyone is available in Norwich to help The Yellow Man pick up his teddies and place them back in the pram it would be much appreciated :)
Up yours Radar :)

I’ll chill out when the driver arrives. Ordered a three wood custom from another manufacturer a week after the driver which I have already so I’m still rocking the pram until all is well  ;)

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
I'm not sure which of Norwich's many courses he plays nowadays, Otherwise I would gladly deliver a load for you.  :D

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Yay the new club is here :D 

Will be trying it out on Sunday if I get a chance 

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
MPX said:
Not sure how the rumour started.  Plenty of stock - no issues.
MPX, this shaft is listed on Mizuno Europe:

KURO KAGE Silver Dual-Core TiNi
60g
X-stiff

Can you confirm that is indeed available to order.

My favourite Mizuno retailer is not listing 60X. Only 70X.

Want it from the horses mouth before I contact them.

Top Bottom