Southern Event - Not Long Now

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
Weekend Photo Gallery which anyone can add photos to: Google Photos

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Have a great time everyone, looking forward to the reports :)

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
Is anyone at the hotel yet?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I'm probably first home after this years SFD at Old Thorns GC (?) - 1st day was a cracker, with warm sunshine all the way - Today however was less good on the weather front (despite the forecast of rain in the afternoon?) - Drizzle from the 1st & heavy drizzle by the end - Not enough to dampen our enthusiasm though & most people seemed to enjoy themselves (?)
Golf aside, it was great to meet up with some old friends & make some new ones - The venue was generally very good, especially the hotel - The course itself was a bit of a mixed bag imho - Let down in the main by a couple of holes clearly designed by Walt Disney! - When the scores are posted, you will see that we all struggled & par or thereabouts was an excellent effort for those who achieved it - I can't remember the last time I played when I had 3 blobs in a round! - Fortunately I also managed a few birdies including 2x 2's on the 16th!
Chris really knows how to organise an event like this and didn't let us down on this occasion - Well done Chris!
A big thank you also to MPX & Mizuno for their generous "goodie bags" & excellent prizes, including a superb new trophy to play for ...
Paul 

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
Driver
Really enjoyable weekend this weekend. Results were as follows:

Saturday Winner: Mark Copley
Sunday Winner: TonyTim
Longest Drive: Nurburgring151
Nearest Pin: eddzoid

Third Place: eddzoid (on count back)
Second Place: Mark Copley (on count bac)

First Place and Southern Champion for 2017: PaulBoy

Position - Name - Total Points
1 Paul Boyle            61
2 Mark Copley         61
3 Eddie Bowie         59
4= Robin Bond        59
4= Stewart Barholm       59
6= Evan Whibley    58
6= Tony Timotheou 58
8 Richard Ingram    48
9 Chris Masterton-Smith 36
10= Keith Mannix    35
10= Pat Hanrahan   35

VPar worked really well for a tournament scoreboard I thought. A slight snafu had Hairy playing 19 holes on Saturday and scoring 3 extra points, so that had to be taken into account when looking at the scoreboard on Sunday, but otherwise it was good fun being in the earlier groups seeing how the title ebbed and flowed in the leading group.

As usual yours truly played appallingly, I've long since assumed that if I organise the event I have no chance of winning.

Photos can be seen here, I don't have the energy to convert them into the tiny format required by the forum.

Big thanks again to MPX for the generous prizes, and Snainton for their continued support. Any suggestions for next year welcome.

Hopefully it wont be 12 month before we next meet up.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Good work Chris, congratulations to Paul and most of all well done Mizuno and MPX for continuing to support these events. I hope you all had a great time, the photos look like that was the case :)

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Once again another great weekend organised and enjoyed by all.
Would be good to see some more numbers attend.Chris you surpassed all expectations again, well done sir.

I would like to thank all my playing partners over both days and congratulations to Paul for playing some great golf.

Looking forward to the next meet wherever it may be.

Cheers

Tony

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
tonytim8 said:
Once again another great weekend organised and enjoyed by all.
Would be good to see some more numbers attend.Chris you surpassed all expectations again, well done sir.

I would like to thank all my playing partners over both days and congratulations to Paul for playing some great golf.

Looking forward to the next meet wherever it may be.

Cheers

Tony
Opps, Sorry, forgot to mention much thanks again to Mizuno for their much appreciated support as always.

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
Better late than never as they say. Many thanks to Chris for organising another great weekend golfing . Thanks to Tony, Robin, Chris, Rich & Paul for putting up with my dodgy golfing attire. The hotel facilities were excellent. OTGC is a great course but as Tony said to me about it, " I wouldn't want to be a member here ".  We would either get really fit quite quickly or die of a coronary. Crampons deffo required on some holes! Hopefully see you all in the not too distant future, maybe in Norfolk. Barnham Broom is a great venue! Final thanks, as always, go to MPX & the staff at Mizuno.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
Awesome weekend despite my atrocious golf. The wheels haven't come off in such a fashion since I don't know when. Lost count of how many times I was in A1 position off the tee and got nothing. Throw in the holes where I was nowhere off the tee it was never going to happen.
Many thanks to Chris for organising the whole thing, super effort. Thanks to MPX and Mizuno for their generosity. 

4i off the tee for me for a while I reckon.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Well finally back home, after a great week-end catching up with the Usaual suspects.!!!!!!!!

well done to winner Paul.  a big well done. to Chris for his good organisation. 

Look forward to next year. 

Old Thorns Golf course is like a southern equivelant of Slayley Hall ... !!!!

Stewart

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Looks like you pulled out all the stops again Chris. Well done!

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
OhBoy! said:
Looks like you pulled out all the stops again Chris. Well done!
Yeah Chris well done mate brilliant weekend thanks

Nurburgring151

HCP
Local club/country
www.lingfieldpark.co.uk
Irons
MP-18 3-pw kbs c-taper
Driver
JPX 850 Project X 6.0
back down in sunny devon.

many thanks to chris for the organisation and to mizuno for their continued support of these events.

lastly to my playing partners and other forum members for a great weekend of golf and camaraderie. 

Top Bottom