Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
chrism_s said:
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Based on the survey I'm going to target first weekend of September (2nd, 3rd) for the event next year. Given I have 11 months to plan it there is a chance I'll be able to get it right!

Please block that out of your calendars if you are interested and I'll hopefully have more details towards the end of the month.

Course wise the Midlands seems to be a winner, so I'll start in that location. Hopefully it won't be too far for Munky & Jamma to make it, it wouldn't be a southern event without Jerry whingeing the whole way round!

I'm also going to put a little season opener together for late May / early April to get everyone in the mood, nothing serious but try and find a nice little track somewhere to get the group together.
Good man chrism_s, you're certainly a glutton for punishment!! 

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
chrism_s said:
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Based on the survey I'm going to target first weekend of September (2nd, 3rd) for the event next year. Given I have 11 months to plan it there is a chance I'll be able to get it right!

Please block that out of your calendars if you are interested and I'll hopefully have more details towards the end of the month.

Course wise the Midlands seems to be a winner, so I'll start in that location. Hopefully it won't be too far for Munky & Jamma to make it, it wouldn't be a southern event without Jerry whingeing the whole way round!

I'm also going to put a little season opener together for late May / early April to get everyone in the mood, nothing serious but try and find a nice little track somewhere to get the group together.
Sounds a brilliant idea mate and again THANK YOU for all your work 

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
I meant late March / Early April for the season opener of course, not May. 

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
Chris, I do hope you mean late April/early May. There's a bit of a gap between the other dates! Late April is good, as we have the Northern event mid May & I'm in Scotland for the rest of May after Craigielaw.

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Looking forward to it Chris

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree

trojan615

HCP
Local club/country
Brocket hall, Knebworth..
Irons
Mizuno - MP 5... 4- PW , DG X100 , 2 deg up, + 0.5
Driver
Titliest 915 D3. Whiteboard
First time back on here for a while, any updates on dates or location Chris ? Trying to sort out my golfing diary now

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Chris,

Any ideas on where the early season opener will be? How far south is south? I would offer up my club as a possible venue, greens are usually superb all year round 

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
Happy New Year everyone.

Sorry for the radio silence on the Southern event front, had lots of work to do in the last few months of the year so things took a bit of a backseat.

As for a date for the early season get together I don't have one yet, will look to firm one up asap so people can get it in the diary.

As for the September meeting, I have inquired with Forest of Arden my first choice and they are fully booked, so that is a bit disappointing. Dates are staying the same at the moment (Sept 2,3) but I'm working on a new location.

Don't hold your breath, but do watch this space!

CMS

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
chrism_s said:
Happy New Year everyone.

Sorry for the radio silence on the Southern event front, had lots of work to do in the last few months of the year so things took a bit of a backseat.

As for a date for the early season get together I don't have one yet, will look to firm one up asap so people can get it in the diary.

As for the September meeting, I have inquired with Forest of Arden my first choice and they are fully booked, so that is a bit disappointing. Dates are staying the same at the moment (Sept 2,3) but I'm working on a new location.

CMS
Breadsall Priory? Although it is quite hard walking on one of the courses.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
Driver
What's up with everyone trying to get the southern event into the Midlands? First Nottingham and now Derby! Our south coast brethren may not be happy with me!

Nice suggestion though Hursty, looks like a nice location.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
chrism_s said:
What's up with everyone trying to get the southern event into the Midlands? First Nottingham and now Derby! Our south coast brethren may not be happy with me!

Nice suggestion though Hursty, looks like a nice location.
Lol,

Just got an email from Golfbreaks.com a few offers on there but one that caught my eye, Whittlebury Hall, in March, 1 nights B&B, unlimited golf, £59pp.

May be worth a look at September dates as well?

It's right next to Silverstone race course, I've played there about 10 years ago and was very impressed, SPA, 2 tier driving range, all round good set up.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
Driver
Will have a look, I played Whittlebury a couple of years ago and wasn't overly impressed, but my cousin is a member so will organise a refresher to see if it is still in good nick.

I'm also playing with the idea of a little tour, where we are based at a course with hotel and have options for either a 2 night 3 round weekend or a 2 round I night weekend depending on your budget.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
hursty said:
chrism_s said:
Happy New Year everyone.

CMS
Breadsall Priory? Although it is quite hard walking on one of the courses.
The Prory course is the better but the Moorland is pretty good too.Marriott hotel and spa facilities onsite.Your typical resort course,so to speak.Played there a few times .Not just off the A6 but apart from the navigation of a small country lane it's pretty straightforward to get there.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Breadsall is poor. The priory course is full of mockery mouse holes and the moorland is very bland. I live close by and would rather play Horsley Lodge or Morley Hayes than Breadsall.

staverton park is a good course and hotel in daventry. Course is mint at the moment in the winter series. Heythrop Park was another decent track I played not so long ago. Hotel was great.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
What about Tony`s course ??

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
Driver
I've got a weekend location sorted, just finalising prices etc and will post a new thread in the next day or two.

As for the single day, hopefully I'll have a plan shortly, can people let me know how they feel about April 1st or 2nd for the date?

Cheers
CMS

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
Chris,

I may be able to help you out with Forest of Arden.

I have booked the 17/18th September for 16 golfers, 8 rooms,& dinner  b & b.

4 tee times are booked on Sunday pm ( Ayleford ) & 4 for Monday am ( Arden )

The cost is £139 pp.

I booked it in September for a trip away for my work/Swaffham members.

I will gladly use it as a Mizuno event,  as no-one at my end has confirmed or paid the deposit yet.

Tell me what you think.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
April 1/2 is good for me at present.

Top Bottom