DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Next Sunday I'll be staying in Looe and will hopefully play golf somewhere.  I've played St Mellion recently so may head back there, but wondered if there were any other recommendations in the region.

20 years ago I did play Looe but can't really remember it.  Reviews suggest below average greens?

Launceston was another I played around the same time (20 years ago) but again can't really remember it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Where's our resident Cornish pasty? Nurburgring, Nurburgring, where art thou Nurburgring? 

shank hobbit

HCP
Local club/country
staddon heights, devon
Irons
mp64 kbs tour stiff 3-pw. Jpx hot metal 50 gap wedge
Driver
Jpx 850 driver Graf blue JPX900 16 hybrid and 22 hybrid
China fleet is about 20 minutes away in saltash.looe has improved this year.perranporth offers a wild links experience and would take half  hour to drive

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Thanks shank hobbit.

I did think about Perranporth (not played it before) but a review I found talked about several blind tee shots and approach shots.  Being on my own if I don't get paired up it could be a challenge!

I looked at China Fleet a while back so maybe I'll try that one.

I really enjoyed St Enodoc last year but looking online they didn't have anything available for a visitor.....maybe I'll call them to see if they can accommodate me on the Sunday.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
DMT said:
Thanks shank hobbit.

I did think about Perranporth (not played it before) but a review I found talked about several blind tee shots and approach shots.  Being on my own if I don't get paired up it could be a challenge!

I looked at China Fleet a while back so maybe I'll try that one.

I really enjoyed St Enodoc last year but looking online they didn't have anything available for a visitor.....maybe I'll call them to see if they can accommodate me on the Sunday.
Also over Perranporth way is a nice little track called Tehidy Park, Newquay is also a unique experience :)

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
I'm in Cornwall next month & have booked rounds at Porthpean GC & Carylon Bay GC. They are near St Austell. don't if that helps! :)

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
St Enodoc is brilliant aside from a few bland 'in a field' holes just after the turn. Highly recommended but bloody hard in a gusty gale that chef and I played in :)

Nurburgring151

HCP
Local club/country
www.lingfieldpark.co.uk
Irons
MP-18 3-pw kbs c-taper
Driver
JPX 850 Project X 6.0
hi guys i am still alive

holiday silly season is upon us workers.

dmt. i am based up near bude have a membership at holsworthy its a quirky little course. bude and north cornwall is a good track for links

st endoc i played with jayson and agree with his assessment.

i am working sunday at 3 pm so if you fancy playing earlyish then i would be more than happy to keep you company provided i can get back to bude for around 2.30

Evan

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Nurburgring151 said:
hi guys i am still alive

holiday silly season is upon us workers.

dmt. i am based up near bude have a membership at holsworthy its a quirky little course. bude and north cornwall is a good track for links

st endoc i played with jayson and agree with his assessment.

i am working sunday at 3 pm so if you fancy playing earlyish then i would be more than happy to keep you company provided i can get back to bude for around 2.30

Evan
Hi, I had been thinking about twilight to spend time with family but would be keen to play a round with someone who knows one of the courses so I'm sure I could make an early tee time work.

Where would be best for you and how early? I'm a big fan of links courses but happy to play anywhere.  I'll also send you a PM (or at least I'll try to!). 

Cheers.

Dan 

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
DMT said:
Played there a few years ago.

You are right. White marker posts on the fairway to aim at. You hit a good drive and then go looking for your ball.

Absolutely not in the same league as proper Scottish links golf.

But if you are in the area, you never know, you might enjoy it.

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.  Work sadly conspired against me on Friday and instead of going down with my clubs it was a fleeting visit with my laptop instead.  Also had a kind offer of a round with nurburgring151 which I had to pass on.

Hopefully next time I'll get to play one of the recommendations. 

Top Bottom