Solheim Cup

LOS

Local club/country
England
As this is before the Ryder Cup it deserves a mention.

1694168512173.png 1694168553557.png

https://solheimcup2023.eu/

On paper the USA have the edge but it never seems to work in this competition and I wonder if Stacy would have liked to have had a couple of more picks.
Four of the Europeans have gone off the boil from the start of the year so we will find out if Suzanne can get them back on form for this.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Any time I can watch pretty girls who play golf better than I ever did, I like it...

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Any time I can watch pretty girls who play golf better than I ever did, I like it...
Hi Dennis ... I wouldn't say this is the main reason I watch the Solheim Cup, though the ladies do offer a level of physical attraction that the men don't! (for me!)
I prefer the SC as I can relate more to the golf played compared to the RC - Club distances for the SC are more akin to what I can achieve, whereas 375y drives & 180y wedges, amazing as they are to watch, just mean nothing to me - The European Teams usually manage somehow to "out team" their US counterparts, so I will sit back and cheer on both Euro teams, though I fear only the ladies have a fighting chance this year ...

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
It usually features somewhere on the weekend viewing. Mrs DCB still plays, so, I have to le her have the tv remote this weekend ;)

Usually a good weekends viewing. Still remember the great final day at Gleneagles and that winning putt :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I prefer the SC as I can relate more to the golf played compared to the RC - Club distances for the SC are more akin to what I can achieve, whereas 375y drives & 180y wedges, amazing as they are to watch, just mean nothing to me..
While I jest about the girls looking pretty, only slightly so, my feelings about relating to their games is exactly how you described it. Actually, most of them still hit it farther than I do, but at least I once hit it that far.

While it's not often easy to see on tv with cameras jumping from one player to another, when I've attended an LPGA tournament, I also realized how much I could learn from their course management. The distances the guys hit it takes away that opportunity to learn from the guys. Even though they hit it so far on 7400 yard courses, I can't relate it to my 210 yard drives on my 6000 yard course.

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Cracking first 2 days of golf, had feared USA might run away with it, but great fight back from Europe - set up for an amazing singles session tomorrow.
Course looks good, but not best spectator visuals given what I’ve seen on TV..

Come on Europe - spank the yanks

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Congratulations to the European ladies on retaining the cup. What a great story that Carlotta Ciganda made the final putt!!!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I don't know about all of you, but I thought playing the Queen song, "We Are The Champions" was tasteless.

I don't care whether it was intended to be played regardless of which team won, but allowing the line, "No time for losers" to be played was in extraordinarily poor taste. I'm very familiar with that song and I know they could have used the closing chorus that doesn't include that line.

What a sour ending to an otherwise fabulous weekend of golf.

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Amazing last day of golf, thought a draw overall was a fair result - Lexi’s putt to win was quality under pressure.
hadn’t clocked the music, but end of the day i’m not getting to hanged up about it all (personal view) - the golf over the 3 days did all the talking for me and either side will look back for that extra 0.5pt that would have made difference.
great spectiCal overall

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Well done to team Europe. Some great golf on display.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The Ryder Cup will have a lot to live up to if they want to compare favorably to the golf we saw last weekend.

Top Bottom