DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
I know there have been threads including this in the past but I wondered if anyone had now invested in one of these?

The price seems to have gone up a couple of hundred.  Wondered if that's because they seem to get decent reviews and a lot of smaller pro shops seem to use them?

I did read one thing about some people having issues using them outside.  I wondered if anyone had one for outside use (either at home or taking it to the range) and if they had also encountered any issues?

I've watched a couple of YouTube videos comparing the Skytrak to numbers from Trackman, Flightscope and GC2 and for £2k I've convinced myself it might be worth it.  Just slightly nervous re comments about outdoor use.

Thanks. 

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
I’ve used one loads indoor at our club. Very accurate I think with irons, not 100% convinced with the woods. Very good piece of kit though

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I looked at Skytrak but couldn't justify the price tag - I did however feel that @ £500 was worth the risk to buy a FlightScope MEVO - I have had mine since November & have to admit I was getting quite frustrated with it initially while I used it with my Samsung smartphone, but decided to try it with an iPhone before returning it, & the results with iPhone have been fantastic (like night & day to using with my android phone) - I use it exclusively on the range, but it can be used indoors / into a net - I was in my local AG last month & after chatting with one of the fitters about it, we set it up alongside their GC2 - To say the guy was stunned / amazed would be a huge understatement - Carry distance & spin on both devices were within a yard or two / a hundred rpm - He was so impressed he got his manager to come & see it in action!
I find the MEVO very useful & makes my range sessions much more fun - My only gripe is the usability with android - iOS is really what the device is designed to use & although it may have been my particular android phone that was the issue, I would recommend MEVO highly if you are using with iPhone, but not so much if using with android
Paul 

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Thanks PaulBoy.

Do you use the dots/stickers on the balls?

I think the thing missing for me (unless I'm mistaken) is any measurement around side spin or L/R dispersion.  If I was using the device at home into a net I'd like to see the shape of the shot.  Is that worth an extra £1,500.....mmm, that does make it an expensive metric! 

I did a webchat with Skytrak last night to see if any discount codes were still valid (end of last year £200 seemed to be standard). The agent told me no, but I might call them on Monday and see.  The metal case is £150 so if I could get the unit and a case for £1,900 I'd be tempted.  

Given Mevo is a Flightscope product I wonder if Trackman might release something.  Either to compete with the Mevo or Skytrak?

Perhaps waiting a few months might not be a bad idea. 

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
No, I have never used the metal stickers that allegedly give you even more accurate spin numbers - You are correct though that you do not get the side spin or L/R dispersion measurements with MEVO, but for the price it is an amazing bit of kit imho - My distance control has really improved on full iron / wood shots & it has also helped work on my weaknesses with pitching etc from 50y - 100y - There is some sort of chipping "mode" for short chip shots, but I haven't really got anywhere I can set up the MEVO to try this out
Paul

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Forgot to say that I also have a ES14. If you wanted value for money i'd very much recommend one of these. If you wanted something a little more basic, the ES12 is a bargain.

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Brattz said:
Forgot to say that I also have a ES14. If you wanted value for money i'd very much recommend one of these. If you wanted something a little more basic, the ES12 is a bargain.
I have one of those and would be willing to part with it if you are interested, bought it last year and never really used it. Not one for practising!!
Bubba

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Brattz said:
I have one of those and would be willing to part with it if you are interested, bought it last year and never really used it. Not one for practising!!
Bubba
   Swapit for my 2 putters Andy :D

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
On a similar theme, does anyone know of a complete indoor simulator set up including mat, screen projector and launch monitor that doesn't break the bank?

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Brattz said:
Bubba
Sorry for the delay in replying.  Haven’t been on here in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the offer but finally ordered the Skytrak the other week.  It’s still sitting here in its box unopened....next job is to build a net/cage for the garden until I work out how much it’ll cost to remove/raise some beams in the garage.  30 day money back guarantee so I need to get moving and check it works ok! 

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
dave_giz said:
On a similar theme, does anyone know of a complete indoor simulator set up including mat, screen projector and launch monitor that doesn't break the bank?
Not sure if this site may help: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Brattz said:
Bubba
is at an es14 you have, i might be interested :) 

Top Bottom