HCP
Local club/country
blankney gc
Irons
taylormade r7
Driver
taylormade r7 limited`
Hi Guys

Just wanted some advice on what shaft length i should get on some new mizuno mx-200 iron!! I am 6ft-6ft 1 in (182-185cm). Previously on G10 irons i had +1/2 inch extra but current R7's are standard!! Whats everyones thoughts and what do you use???!!!

thanks

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE
Hi,

The fairly simple answer (simple? what does that mean) is that you will play best with whatever you feel comfortable with.

Height alone does not dictate what will feel comfortable.

Im 6 foot 2 but my irons are only +.1/4inch, a friend is 5'10 and is +.1/2inch.

Other things influence this also. Do you stand upright or stooped? do your arms hang down or out a little at address? Do you allow the club to lie flat on ground or toe up/down!

I think the most important thing is to make sure the length of the club shaft allows your hands to be right distance from the ball to allow sole of club to lie flat on the floor and the best way to find this out is to be custom fitted. That way both shaft lenght and clubhead lie will be as near as possible to your correct spec.

If custom fitting is not an option then comfort and checking that iron hits ground with middle of sole and not toe up/down when swung are most important factors.

Haha if all that fails and your still unsure, go with longer shaft as you'll hit it about half a club further!!!!

HCP
Local club/country
Hornsea GC Yorkshire England
Irons
MP62 Black Nickle 3-pw
Driver
MX500 9.5 stiff
hi mate,

5 years ago i used some blades which were 1/2 " longer than standard and got on with them great . I am 6ft 1" . I had to quit for 2years due to injury but then bought some mizuno zoid proII off a friend which were standard length . I hit these great but yesterday went for a fitting for some mp62 black nickles and got told i only needed + 1/4 " .

Hope this helps

Cheers

Top Bottom